HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Rob Zombie making film on Flyers Broad Street Bullies

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 05:06 PM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 60,503
vCash: 500
Rob Zombie making film on Flyers Broad Street Bullies

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656558

Quote:
Zombie insisted there's more tell [even after HBO special] and maybe some twisted ways to tell them. He called the movie a mash of "Boogie Nights" and "Rocky."
...
The heavy-metal shock rocker and founder of White Zombie found new fame as the writer-director of slasher films. Zombie previously directed the horror films "Halloween," ''Halloween II," ''The Devil's Rejects" and "House of 1000 Corpses."

His albums include "Hellbilly Deluxe" and "The Sinister Urge."
Script close to being finished. Sounds like they could start filming before the end of the year.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:53 PM
  #2
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 28,272
vCash: 50
The only good thing Rob Zombie has done was the song segment in Beave & Butthead Do America.

God I love that movie.

Hopefully this movie endeavour works out, good exposure and should attract a different kind of crowd in terms of movie goers.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:40 PM
  #3
saskganesh
Registered User
 
saskganesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the Annex
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
I loved Boogie Nights.

saskganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:21 PM
  #4
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?
 
DaveG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Durham NC
Country: United States
Posts: 34,311
vCash: 562
Will be interesting seeing what he does with this. Something like this is, or at least should be, a very different direction for his films.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
  #5
sh724
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Missouri
Country: United States
Posts: 2,073
vCash: 500
His movies are horrible, I hope he does a good job with it but I am not expecting very much

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:45 PM
  #6
HugoSimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh724 View Post
His movies are horrible, I hope he does a good job with it but I am not expecting very much
Meh you gotta expect what ever he does to be over the top, but that can work just fine for a hockey movie.

You also gotta remember when he started out making films he was doing it on a very very limited budget. So you gotta make those type of situations work in a very different way.

My bigger fear is will this portray the sport as a bunch of goons, or a legitimate sport.

Ironically goon did a very good job of exploring concussions, and the dark side of hockey. Without making the audience anti checking nor pro enforcer.

HugoSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:02 PM
  #7
Llama19
Registered User
 
Llama19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outside GZ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 50
Top Hockey Movies

http://www.sportsinmovies.com/best-movies/hockey.asp

The best one has to be the classic with John Wayne...



In the 1937 film drama, Idol of the Crowds, screen legend John Wayne stars, not as a no-nonsense cowboy or a tough-as-nails lawman, but as an ice hockey player named Johnny Hansen.

Llama19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
  #8
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 5,550
vCash: 50
Zombie is a capable director. He works well with sets. A period piece hockey movie is ambitious and expensive. I wonder if he has a star attached to the project? Lindsay Lohan as Bobby Clarke?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:05 AM
  #9
Bongo
Registered User
 
Bongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
I expect the fight scenes will be bloodier than they were back in the day.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:27 AM
  #10
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 23,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama19 View Post
Top Hockey Movies

http://www.sportsinmovies.com/best-movies/hockey.asp

The best one has to be the classic with John Wayne...



In the 1937 film drama, Idol of the Crowds, screen legend John Wayne stars, not as a no-nonsense cowboy or a tough-as-nails lawman, but as an ice hockey player named Johnny Hansen.
Wow did not know this existed. They made hockey movies in the good old days?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:29 AM
  #11
Kimota
Three Bananas
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 23,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoSimon View Post
Meh you gotta expect what ever he does to be over the top, but that can work just fine for a hockey movie.

You also gotta remember when he started out making films he was doing it on a very very limited budget. So you gotta make those type of situations work in a very different way.

My bigger fear is will this portray the sport as a bunch of goons, or a legitimate sport.

Ironically goon did a very good job of exploring concussions, and the dark side of hockey. Without making the audience anti checking nor pro enforcer.
Hopefully they stay away from that negative crap of consussions. IT should be about the fun of that era in hockey, all the fighting and so forth.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:31 PM
  #12
Franck
Insolent Upstart
 
Franck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,892
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Wow did not know this existed. They made hockey movies in the good old days?



Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.