HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Paille appreciation (frustration) thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 03:26 AM
  #1
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Paille appreciation (frustration) thread

Can this guy please get an extended look on the third line?

He's better than Bourque, Pouliot, Rolston, Caron the guys who have gotten FAR longer looks than him in the spot he deserves on the team right now.

If another top 9 forward isn't added to the team I want Paille skating with Kelly and Peverley. Not Bourque and definitely not whoever the freak replaces Bourque if Chris gets scratched or injuries hit and Chris or Pevs moves up.


Kelly needs a boost. Give him a veteran player with better wheels than himself and I think his play will pick up. Peverley provides nice skill for the line. Its stupid we haven't done this already because like I said Danny Paille is a great hockey player and his shortcomings (stone hands) are no worse than Kelly's. Guy gets tons of breakaways too and might start burying them if he gets confidence shown in him this guy has been in the NHL for 7 years and shown some flashes of offense sometimes scoring touch and confidence with the puck takes a while to develop. Wheels second to none.

He deserves an extended run off the freakin 4th line.

PLEASE!

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:04 AM
  #2
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
I think Pie is better on the 3rd than Bourque, however I think Pie is a huge reason our 4th line is so good.

I don't think we have anyone who can fill his shoes on the 4th either.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:13 AM
  #3
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peabody, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
Paille had something like 18 goals playing bigger minutes with Buffalo and would love to give him a long look as 3rd line LW. BUT.. Clode loves his grinding 4th line and won't break them up

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:00 AM
  #4
WBC8
Registered User
 
WBC8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: HFL 4 Life
Country: United States
Posts: 36,793
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Time to put him on the 3rd line, agreed.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:30 AM
  #5
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,751
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Pouliot flourishes in Tampa because of his linemates.

Paille flourishes on the 4th line because of himself.

I see when you guys turn the tables.

Paille is the beneficiary of Claude's system, nothing more is expected of him than that which he does.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:10 AM
  #6
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,506
vCash: 500
4th line won't be pretty if he isn't playing there

Fire Julien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:16 AM
  #7
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I think Pie is better on the 3rd than Bourque, however I think Pie is a huge reason our 4th line is so good.

I don't think we have anyone who can fill his shoes on the 4th either.
That`s the problem, bang on TCL, CLUTTERBUCK TIME

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:22 AM
  #8
Kiss My Rask
VGHC
 
Kiss My Rask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peabody, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
4th line won't be pretty if he isn't playing there
Would you rather have an ugly 3rd or 4th line?

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:26 AM
  #9
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson
 
BMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Northeastern CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,805
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segnasty19 View Post
Would you rather have an ugly 3rd or 4th line?
If it were any other team I'd say an ugly 4th line.

However under Claude's system the 4th line is equally important in its own way as the other 3 lines.

I'm afraid Daniel Paille is stuck on the 4th line for the forseeable future. Too bad because I think he's really earned a shot at being on the 3rd line.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:35 AM
  #10
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 22,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segnasty19 View Post
Paille had something like 18 goals playing bigger minutes with Buffalo and would love to give him a long look as 3rd line LW. BUT.. Clode loves his grinding 4th line and won't break them up
He was also a top 6 forward for that team not to mention that system is a far cry from the current system he is in.

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
  #11
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicopee
Posts: 121
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Can this guy please get an extended look on the third line?

He's better than Bourque, Pouliot, Rolston, Caron the guys who have gotten FAR longer looks than him in the spot he deserves on the team right now.

If another top 9 forward isn't added to the team I want Paille skating with Kelly and Peverley. Not Bourque and definitely not whoever the freak replaces Bourque if Chris gets scratched or injuries hit and Chris or Pevs moves up.


Kelly needs a boost. Give him a veteran player with better wheels than himself and I think his play will pick up. Peverley provides nice skill for the line. Its stupid we haven't done this already because like I said Danny Paille is a great hockey player and his shortcomings (stone hands) are no worse than Kelly's. Guy gets tons of breakaways too and might start burying them if he gets confidence shown in him this guy has been in the NHL for 7 years and shown some flashes of offense sometimes scoring touch and confidence with the puck takes a while to develop. Wheels second to none.

He deserves an extended run off the freakin 4th line.

PLEASE!
I've been saying this for a loooooong time. Paille is way, way better than Bourque.

Too bad Pailles daddy doesn't call the shots for the Bruins.

Quaider* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:09 PM
  #12
hoss75
Registered User
 
hoss75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Fan of Paille. His speed and work ethic are great. But I'm not sure what he's gonna do on the third line with his stone hands.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:10 PM
  #13
Ortdogg
Registered User
 
Ortdogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Victoria, Canada
Posts: 1,564
vCash: 500
the way i see it is that that line has had 2 good games this year, both were when DP played with them. peverly has played decent this year, they have to get kelly going. its obvious that Chiarelli is going to add an nhl player for that line as the deadline get closer, why not help them out in the mean time and put DP there for the near future. roll 3 good lines, spot duty the 4th, Campbell will still get his icetime through PK. problem is (which isnt really a problem) they are winning right now even though they arent playing well and claude has proven he wont chage things up until they start to lose.

on a side note, has this team played a good solid FULL 60 min game this year? once they add a alfredsson or ryder to the 3rd line and play to their potential they will be very tough to beat

Ortdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
  #14
smithformeragent
Moderator
 
smithformeragent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Manchester NH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,574
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I think Pie is better on the 3rd than Bourque, however I think Pie is a huge reason our 4th line is so good.

I don't think we have anyone who can fill his shoes on the 4th either.
QFT

Ultimately, they have a hole in their bottom six, and because they roll four lines, moving Paille to the third line doesn't help that much, and it hurts the fourth line. The best solution is for Bourque to play better, like he did against the Jets.

__________________
Don't put metal in the science oven.
smithformeragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:20 PM
  #15
Bruin4Life
Registered User
 
Bruin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 581
vCash: 500
Yes put the man with stone hands in place of Bourque ....smh

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:34 PM
  #16
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
4th line won't be pretty if he isn't playing there
If true...then WHATARE CAMPBELL AND THORNTON DOING MAKING ABOUT 3 MIL COMBINED? They should be bought out no questions asked if they can't do their jobs well without Paille (the least paid of the 3.)

I think Bourque has proved his worth as a 13th forward who can slot in up and down the lineup. That is it, there is no hidden second level to his game where he is going to be a 25 goal scorer. I give him Paille's spot and move him into the top 9 whenever someone misses a game.

Paille-Kelly-Peverley is an elite defensive 3rd line. Paille is gritty and tough along the boards. Bourque tries but he is too small. This position has been a weakness for over a year and we are refusing to do a basic common sense thing to fix it.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
  #17
Morris Wanchuk
.......
 
Morris Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: War Memorial Arena
Country: United States
Posts: 15,014
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
I was never a huge paille guy until he signed his most recent contract. Got to give props to a guy that gives so much on cheap money

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
  #18
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Can this guy please get an extended look on the third line?

He's better than Bourque, Pouliot, Rolston, Caron the guys who have gotten FAR longer looks than him in the spot he deserves on the team right now.

If another top 9 forward isn't added to the team I want Paille skating with Kelly and Peverley. Not Bourque and definitely not whoever the freak replaces Bourque if Chris gets scratched or injuries hit and Chris or Pevs moves up.


Kelly needs a boost. Give him a veteran player with better wheels than himself and I think his play will pick up. Peverley provides nice skill for the line. Its stupid we haven't done this already because like I said Danny Paille is a great hockey player and his shortcomings (stone hands) are no worse than Kelly's. Guy gets tons of breakaways too and might start burying them if he gets confidence shown in him this guy has been in the NHL for 7 years and shown some flashes of offense sometimes scoring touch and confidence with the puck takes a while to develop. Wheels second to none.

He deserves an extended run off the freakin 4th line.

PLEASE!
Kelly already HAS a veteran player with better wheels than himself in Peverley. Are you saying that Kelly needs TWO fast veterans to pick up his play? Wouldn't it just be easier to state the obvious, which is that Kelly's having a disappointing season so far, pretty much because of Chris Kelly?

While I agree that Paille would be a good fit on the 3rd line long term, He's also a great fit on the 4th line, especially with how Claude employs that line as an energy line. I think he'd be fine on the 3rd, but also fits really well with our 4th line. I see no reason to change that dynamic right now, but it's nice to know we have guys like Campbell and Paille, who can fill other roles when needed, because of injury or other reasons.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:28 PM
  #19
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
I've been saying this for a loooooong time. Paille is way, way better than Bourque.

Too bad Pailles daddy doesn't call the shots for the Bruins.
Dude, just STOP! No one else here believes that Ray has any influence on Chris being up. EVERYONE has told you that. The more you say crap like that the more it just looks like you've got your tin foil hat on.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  #20
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky
 
Ference the Finger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Just North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 7,234
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
If true...then WHATARE CAMPBELL AND THORNTON DOING MAKING ABOUT 3 MIL COMBINED? They should be bought out no questions asked if they can't do their jobs well without Paille (the least paid of the 3.)

I think Bourque has proved his worth as a 13th forward who can slot in up and down the lineup. That is it, there is no hidden second level to his game where he is going to be a 25 goal scorer. I give him Paille's spot and move him into the top 9 whenever someone misses a game.

Paille-Kelly-Peverley is an elite defensive 3rd line. Paille is gritty and tough along the boards. Bourque tries but he is too small. This position has been a weakness for over a year and we are refusing to do a basic common sense thing to fix it.
But somehow, Kelly (making more than Campbell and Thornton combined) needs Paille for his play to pick up? That makes no sense. Unless of course, we can call this thread what it really is - another thinly veiled slam on Chris Bourque.

Ference the Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:55 PM
  #21
MarshmontMcSlewfoot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
But somehow, Kelly (making more than Campbell and Thornton combined) needs Paille for his play to pick up? That makes no sense. Unless of course, we can call this thread what it really is - another thinly veiled slam on Chris Bourque.
Bourque is fine as a depth player. He isn't as a long term fixture in our top 9. I defend the guy and think hes done well. But we know what we have in him now a 13th forward/fourth liner who can contribute to the PP and higher lines in a pinch. How is that slamming him?

Kelly is a big piece. Guy got paid to be an elite 3rd line center. NTC.

The fourth line is the fourth line. ITs where guys like Laraque and Scott play. We don't "need" a dominant one. And as long as Thornton is here and not playing his best its not going to be that great (Shawn is fine but he is past his peak anyone who doesn't think so is deluded.) Keeping Paille with them to prop it up is moronic.

Why the **** should an NHL team make their 4th line a bigger priority than their 3rd? People on this thread are arguing for that and its crazy.


It is time to give Paille a chance to play with Kelly who is a shut down center. The two of them can be lights out defensively. And Peverley is the man and brings the skill to the line.


Paille-Kelly-Peverley have an average age of 30. And all have amazing wheels still. That line needs to be given a chance. Criminal if its not. Not trying to give credence to the "daddy's boy" comments but Bourque being carried on the third and Paille being forced to carry THornton and Campbell are poor decisions that will only be popular with Ray and Colon Campbell. I mean how the **** did Greg Campbell get that big of a deal 1.6 per for 2 years?

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:41 PM
  #22
remer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Bourque is fine as a depth player. He isn't as a long term fixture in our top 9. I defend the guy and think hes done well. But we know what we have in him now a 13th forward/fourth liner who can contribute to the PP and higher lines in a pinch. How is that slamming him?

Kelly is a big piece. Guy got paid to be an elite 3rd line center. NTC.

The fourth line is the fourth line. ITs where guys like Laraque and Scott play. We don't "need" a dominant one. And as long as Thornton is here and not playing his best its not going to be that great (Shawn is fine but he is past his peak anyone who doesn't think so is deluded.) Keeping Paille with them to prop it up is moronic.

Why the **** should an NHL team make their 4th line a bigger priority than their 3rd? People on this thread are arguing for that and its crazy.


It is time to give Paille a chance to play with Kelly who is a shut down center. The two of them can be lights out defensively. And Peverley is the man and brings the skill to the line.


Paille-Kelly-Peverley have an average age of 30. And all have amazing wheels still. That line needs to be given a chance. Criminal if its not. Not trying to give credence to the "daddy's boy" comments but Bourque being carried on the third and Paille being forced to carry THornton and Campbell are poor decisions that will only be popular with Ray and Colon Campbell. I mean how the **** did Greg Campbell get that big of a deal 1.6 per for 2 years?
I would agree. A big problem is Bourque on the third line.
Give MacDermid a shot on the fourthline and put Paille on the third.

Lucic Krejci Horton
Marchand Bergeron Sequin
Paille Kelly Peverly
MacDermid Campbel Thorton

remer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
  #23
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
That`s the problem, bang on TCL, CLUTTERBUCK TIME
My daughter would love for the Bruins to pick up Clutterbuck-just for his name alone.

Actually he would be a good fit here-he hits like a freight train.

TCL40 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:00 PM
  #24
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgorod
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to finchster
Time for people to stop worrying about the fourth line. Thornton is playing 6 minutes a night while Campbell and Pallie play plenty of SHTOI. The reality is the fourth line plays very little time together at all, their play together isn't important as many believe.

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:14 AM
  #25
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever
 
bobbyorr04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
I was never a huge paille guy until he signed his most recent contract. Got to give props to a guy that gives so much on cheap money
Paille gives 110% in most games, it's just too bad he has hands of stone...but I appreciate his effort.

bobbyorr04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.