Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

General OT Thread #27: Bacon - Tasty And Good For Your Blue Line

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Fallenity

vCash: 950
You don't have to flirt with women Fabio-style, you just have to be nice to them when you start talking. Don't think about hooking up or is she wife material or nothing long term, just talk to her to get to know her and let her get to know you. In my experience women know pretty fast if a guy starts talking to them just to hit on them and while some are into that, most aren't.

Just stand straight, look into her eyes, smile and say something funny about the gym / something current. If she's receptive and you both "click", the conversation will move forward by itself.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:37 AM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Nah! It's simple as pie man, you plant your feet on the ground, you look her square in the eyes you say "Hey! baby, you and me's goin' on a date, that's in the story!"

Old
03-12-2013, 11:38 AM
tomgilbertfan
CRAAAWWWFFFOOORD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Nah! It's simple as pie man, you plant your feet on the ground, you look her square in the eyes you say "Hey! baby, you and me's goin' on a date, that's in the story!"
"You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals so lets do it like they do on the discovery channel"?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
You don't have to flirt with women Fabio-style, you just have to be nice to them when you start talking. Don't think about hooking up or is she wife material or nothing long term, just talk to her to get to know her and let her get to know you. In my experience women know pretty fast if a guy starts talking to them just to hit on them and while some are into that, most aren't.

Just stand straight, look into her eyes, smile and say something funny about the gym / something current. If she's receptive and you both "click", the conversation will move forward by itself.
Sounds straight forward.

I'm not thinking hookup, more long term so hopefully that will help.

So basically I should say something to break the ice.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Dee Oh Cee

"I'm gonna send something your way..and if you like it take it but if not send it right back....I wanna be on you."

Old
03-12-2013, 11:50 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Creeper who stares at gals in the gym > The guy who attempts to strike up a convo

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
03-12-2013, 12:01 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Creeper who stares at gals in the gym > The guy who attempts to strike up a convo

Don't forget... Creeper wearing spandex shorts with obvious sock stuffing > Than anything else...

On a serious note...
When I was in college, there was one night in the gym where a group of hot girls came in to do yoga in the glassed off adjacent rooms. Some dude stops what he is doing the moment they came in, runs to the rest room, comes back out...

Obvious difference? He was no longer wearing socks...

Old
03-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Uberdachen

"I'm going to walk over to that machine right behind you, but on my way I'm gonna be doing this [hip thrust hip thrust hip thrust]... if you get did it's your own fault."

Old
03-12-2013, 06:21 PM
goatvindaloo

It is my opinion that Rick Jeanneret is the best PBP man in hockey today.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:55 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
So the Air Force cut my Tuition Assistance short for the remaining of the FY13. Meanwhile I am 1 class away from my Masters....not happy
what will it take to finish? 1/4 of a trip to vegas? priorities.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:34 PM
ghjkfdhgfd

FSN Problem(Is it just me?)

I noticed over the past month or so, there is a what appears to be a faint darkish line that goes up the screen and disappears as it goes up the screen another one will pop up, ONLY when its ice cam. This isn't my TV, I noticed its ONLY this channel (27 FSN) im watching VS NBC just fine. Its driving me nuts. I almost wanna break my TV.

Is it just me? Or anyone else notices this?

Old
03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
ghjkfdhgfd

Never mind, turns out that channel does it for everything. FSN sucks a dick.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatvindaloo View Post
It is my opinion that Rick Jeanneret is the best PBP man in hockey today.
That guy who calls for Buffalo? He is good at calling but god, he has one of the worst voices...

Old
03-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
If that is driving you nuts, then you should maybe consider getting some real problems instead.

03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
goatvindaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
That guy who calls for Buffalo? He is good at calling but god, he has one of the worst voices...
I like his voice. Reminds me of Frank Welker.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:01 PM
goatvindaloo

Also, I don't follow football at all, but Chris Kluwe's tweets have made getting a twitter account worthwhile.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I used to hate him but I like him.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

One hour until I watch the Wild practice.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Ugh, just typed for 15 minutes and accidentally closed my browser to lose everything.

Girlfriend and I went to the Wild practice, lunch, and meet-and-greet. Pretty cool to see what happens on an off-day. Fed us a nice lunch too.

Of course, Yeo canceled practice today, but a handful of skaters were out with Hackett and Kuemper along with Darby and Bob Mason. Mostly shooting on the goalies and a long 3-on-3 game at the end.

After a few minutes, a puck deflected up over the netting and landed down HARD on the one guy sitting in the stands. We all saw it like slow motion...and literally only one person in the lower bowl, and it lands square on his head. Turns out it was Bob Kurtz. It cut him pretty good and he had to go to the hospital, but apparently he was laughing and joking about it because he's tough as nails.

Zucker came out in a track suit and skater around on his own, shooting pucks and playing "catch" with Clutter and Coyle. And by that I mean saucing pucks halfway across the rink perfectly flat and having them land right in front of the blade. Then he casually did a Granlund lacrosse thing behind the net. He is insanely good. And he seemed in pretty good spirits too.

Afterwards, we got to meet Tom Gilbert and Kyle Brodziak and get autographs. Both guys very nice, Brodz seems like a completely normal guy who happens to play in the NHL and Gilbert was pretty happy to be back in Minnesota.

Thoughts on the players:

- Coyle is fast, has good hands, good shot, just the real deal. And he was the second-to-last guy off the ice. Seems like a true rink rat.

- Rupp is pretty dang skilled (and big). Only thing holding him back is speed. Can see why Yeo likes him, he's a really good hockey player.

- Bouchard looked off. His hands were there, but he seemed less aggressive than the other guys, more like he was trying to keep things simple but seemed to get frustrated as things weren't going well.

- Gilbert has a hell of a shot from the point.

- Hackett and Kuemper are really, really good. Hard to tell them apart. So impressive to watch them compete and play those pucks 1-on-1 compared to pre-game warmups where they aren't as focused on stopping everything.

- Houston players liked to talk to each other a lot, I'm sure playing early in the year was big for them and big for the young guys to not feel quite so overwhelmed in the NHL.

- Darby's still got some decent hands. I bet it's got to be fun to be an assistant coach as you can still come to the rink and skate with the guys and play every day, even if you don't get to wear the jersey anymore.

Oh yeah, and a good half dozen of us were refreshing Russo for Twitter updates, including the Xcel PR rep. Die hards. Saw Russo walking in and he's dropped a ton of weight since I saw him a few years back. Good for him.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
If that is driving you nuts, then you should maybe consider getting some real problems instead.
Or maybe you could try something different rather than criticize someone for an observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Ugh, just typed for 15 minutes and accidentally closed my browser to lose everything.

Girlfriend and I went to the Wild practice, lunch, and meet-and-greet. Pretty cool to see what happens on an off-day. Fed us a nice lunch too.

Of course, Yeo canceled practice today, but a handful of skaters were out with Hackett and Kuemper along with Darby and Bob Mason. Mostly shooting on the goalies and a long 3-on-3 game at the end.

After a few minutes, a puck deflected up over the netting and landed down HARD on the one guy sitting in the stands. We all saw it like slow motion...and literally only one person in the lower bowl, and it lands square on his head. Turns out it was Bob Kurtz. It cut him pretty good and he had to go to the hospital, but apparently he was laughing and joking about it because he's tough as nails.

Zucker came out in a track suit and skater around on his own, shooting pucks and playing "catch" with Clutter and Coyle. And by that I mean saucing pucks halfway across the rink perfectly flat and having them land right in front of the blade. Then he casually did a Granlund lacrosse thing behind the net. He is insanely good. And he seemed in pretty good spirits too.

Afterwards, we got to meet Tom Gilbert and Kyle Brodziak and get autographs. Both guys very nice, Brodz seems like a completely normal guy who happens to play in the NHL and Gilbert was pretty happy to be back in Minnesota.

Thoughts on the players:

- Coyle is fast, has good hands, good shot, just the real deal. And he was the second-to-last guy off the ice. Seems like a true rink rat.

- Rupp is pretty dang skilled (and big). Only thing holding him back is speed. Can see why Yeo likes him, he's a really good hockey player.

- Bouchard looked off. His hands were there, but he seemed less aggressive than the other guys, more like he was trying to keep things simple but seemed to get frustrated as things weren't going well.

- Gilbert has a hell of a shot from the point.

- Hackett and Kuemper are really, really good. Hard to tell them apart. So impressive to watch them compete and play those pucks 1-on-1 compared to pre-game warmups where they aren't as focused on stopping everything.

- Houston players liked to talk to each other a lot, I'm sure playing early in the year was big for them and big for the young guys to not feel quite so overwhelmed in the NHL.

- Darby's still got some decent hands. I bet it's got to be fun to be an assistant coach as you can still come to the rink and skate with the guys and play every day, even if you don't get to wear the jersey anymore.

Oh yeah, and a good half dozen of us were refreshing Russo for Twitter updates, including the Xcel PR rep. Die hards. Saw Russo walking in and he's dropped a ton of weight since I saw him a few years back. Good for him.
Was wondering how you had so much info on Zucker's skating session today.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:53 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Or maybe you could try something different rather than criticize someone for an observation.
It wasn't the observation that bothered me, it was him selling it like the end of the world is upon us.

Old
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
It wasn't the observation that bothered me, it was him selling it like the end of the world is upon us.
Good thing they don't use ice cam all that often then or he'd be out a television.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Had a heart attack for a minute after watching my dog start to roll on his back 2 seconds into one of the Kia Soul hamster commercials. Thought he was having a seizure because if anything is going to lead to a dog having a photosensitive one it would be that commercial.

Turns out he was just trying to master rolling over. Stupid hamsters.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
03-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Had a heart attack for a minute after watching my dog start to roll on his back 2 seconds into one of the Kia Soul hamster commercials. Thought he was having a seizure because if anything is going to lead to a dog having a photosensitive one it would be that commercial.

Turns out he was just trying to master rolling over. Stupid hamsters.
I liked the commercial they had a couple years ago where they had the "cool" hamsters driving a kia, and the "lame" hamsters driving around appliances. That commercial did nothing to sell me a Kia, but to this day I want to drive around town in a giant toaster just for the luls.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Dee Oh Cee

I know it's been discussed on here before, but I finally caught up on The Americans. Very very good stuff. FX really knows how to make tv shows that's for sure. It's funny to see Noah Emmerich working against the Soviets again...although not as Herb Brooks' assistant this time

Closed Thread