Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
According to Finnish media, Koivu will be a father soon. New 1st center coming up
Next Fall before the start of the season, so it's not quite that soon. It's kind of a rare occasion to hear something about Koivu's private life.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Lapa
Global Moderator
Road Ice Advantage

vCash: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbunder View Post
I saw that on Russo's twitter. Didn't even know he had a lady. In all the becoming wild stuff, or other media she's never mentioned. Koivu just must be super private with it all.
No wonder he's so private, he's the #1 Finnish player atm coming from a family where his brother is an NHL vet and his dad is a well-known coach.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:55 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Is it common to see other teams jerseys then those on the ice when you enter games?
Not really. I think you see it in Minnesota more than any other place with the North Stars, college and HS jerseys because we celebrate MN hockey. Elsewhere it's a hipster thing to do.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
03-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Had no idea Koivu was married or had a girlfriend. Very, very private guy. I like when he kicked the cameras out when he measured his body fat

Old
03-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Kari Takko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Is it common to see other teams jerseys then those on the ice when you enter games?
Down in phoenix, most folks were wearing jerseys, but not many were wearing coyotes jerseys. it was during spring training so that might have had something to do with it.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Trying out "TabMemFree" for Chrome. It's a horrendous memory hog and I usually have too many tabs open. And a stupid computer limited to 3 gigs of memory.

Old
03-20-2013, 01:53 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbunder View Post
I saw that on Russo's twitter. Didn't even know he had a lady. In all the becoming wild stuff, or other media she's never mentioned. Koivu just must be super private with it all.
Same here, had no idea. Must've been hiding her in a cupboard somewhere.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:20 PM
tyratoku

I think there's been mention before that he had someone, but no pictures together or anything.

I know this because for one of the GDTs this year I planned at one point to just do a "girlfriends" edition, using pictures of every player's wife or girlfriend for the lineup of both teams and all that.

I got pictures of like 6-8 guys on the Wild and a few on the other team, but eventually had to give up. Meh.

Old
03-20-2013, 02:40 PM
mikko1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Same here, had no idea. Must've been hiding her in a cupboard somewhere.
Apparently she moved to Minnesota this fall with Mikko before the lockout was official.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:15 PM
Finnsane
Feed the population

She is Estonian.

Congratz Mikko!

Old
03-20-2013, 03:18 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
She's pretty and cute, and it's great that the media doesn't get to exploit their daily life like they do to many other stars here.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

They're both Pitbull'd!

Old
03-20-2013, 04:33 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
She's pretty and cute, and it's great that the media doesn't get to exploit their daily life like they do to many other stars here.
a hockey player married a hot young girl?! Color me shocked

Old
03-20-2013, 04:39 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigt2002 View Post
a hockey player making millions married a hot young girl?! Color me shocked :d
Added the key term.

Old
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
SphinX
YouWantSome?

So bottom line.. I'm "that ****** guy" if i wear any of my Wild jerseys to Air Canada centre..?

Old
03-20-2013, 05:26 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
don't think they're married.

plenty of people wear different jerseys to the X. i don't see anything wrong with it unless it can be considered deliberately provacative...like wearing a Wild Parise sweater to a Devils game or a Suter jersey in Nashville.

Old
03-20-2013, 10:37 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Getting a flat tire midway between your home and destination and then carrying your bike 3 miles in 15 degree weather isn't as bad as it sounds like.

Also gives you time to think.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I had the weirdest class today.... Pretty chill though.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:20 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Getting a flat tire midway between your home and destination and then carrying your bike 3 miles in 15 degree weather isn't as bad as it sounds like.

i swear that happened to you last year. or was it you helping some chick that that happened to?

Old
03-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Only two more days til' spring break, thank God. Granted, amongst other things, I'll be researching and writing a 15 page research paper over break, as well as going to work of course, but it'll still feel awesome to have a week off.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post

What the **** are you biking in 15 degree weather for? Are you one of those guys out in the snow riding in the center of the car lane with your hand out as a blinker? God that **** makes me so angry. I have a relative that was killed biking in a CAR's lane. It is just plain stupid especially with ice and snow out there. You are not a car you will get killed if hit by one, it almost seems like some bikers have this need to prove that they belong in a car's lane just as much as a car does. I really don't understand it, you aren't proving anything besides that fact that you do not care about your life and the lives of others.

I really just don't understand the majority of city bikers I see. As a kid I biked everywhere, all over town, and where did I ride... the sidewalk. I would go in the street when there was no car in the street or to cross to the other side. When you see a car coming you get back onto the sidewalk. I can sort of understand bike lanes in cities where people crowd the sidewalks and there is no where for a bike to go but on the street, where a designated lane exists, but where in MN is a sidewalk that has zero room on it. Just be safe bikers that is all.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:45 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Today in my class, my teacher announced she was pregnant, a girl told us she was gay. (I already kinda knew)

We also talked about the pursuit of happiness and the American dream, was pretty fun.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post
What the **** are you biking in 15 degree weather for? Are you one of those guys out in the snow riding in the center of the car lane with your hand out as a blinker? God that **** makes me so angry. I have a relative that was killed biking in a CAR's lane. It is just plain stupid especially with ice and snow out there. You are not a car you will get killed if hit by one, it almost seems like some bikers have this need to prove that they belong in a car's lane just as much as a car does. I really don't understand it, you aren't proving anything besides that fact that you do not care about your life and the lives of others.

I really just don't understand the majority of city bikers I see. As a kid I biked everywhere, all over town, and where did I ride... the sidewalk. I would go in the street when there was no car in the street or to cross to the other side. When you see a car coming you get back onto the sidewalk. I can sort of understand bike lanes in cities where people crowd the sidewalks and there is no where for a bike to go but on the street, where a designated lane exists, but where in MN is a sidewalk that has zero room on it. Just be safe bikers that is all.
Not to mention you basically have to go into oncoming traffic just to get around them.

Old
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
i swear that happened to you last year. or was it you helping some chick that that happened to?
Had both happen in the last year and a half. Hit a pothole last year that threw me off my bike and forced to walk home but that was in the spring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy BoBandy View Post

It's easier than taking mass transit at times, I like the exercise and there are tons of trails and bike lanes that are cleared.

Also biking on the sidewalk is illegal depending on where you are.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:22 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

Go back and read the thread titles from the last page(141). Man, how times have changed. And props to the mods for making this place much more interesting that it was back then.

Closed Thread