HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Higher Intensity VAN/CHI Or PIT/PHI Rivalry?

View Poll Results: More Intense Rivalry?
Pittsburgh - Philadelphia 118 77.63%
Vancouver - Chicago 34 22.37%
Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Bathcat
Wait, it was ATL?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery View Post
Then Duncan Keith had to go and be a dirty little clown. Don't forget Bolland's "bunk bed" comments and a couple fight-filled affairs with Carcillo being his usually self.
I completely forgot about that bunk bed comment. I'm laughing right now. I think Bolland is the NHLer I'd most like to have a beer with.

Bathcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:27 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno and Barnes View Post
The Pitt/Philly rival will likely always be around just do to geography and being in the same division, while the Van/Chi rivalry could fizzle out.
Yeah, Gotta be a Pennsylvania expansion thing. Philly is closer to Long Island, New York, New Jersey and I think Washington too.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:29 AM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathcat View Post
I completely forgot about that bunk bed comment. I'm laughing right now. I think Bolland is the NHLer I'd most like to have a beer with.

There was a tribune article that came out when the nucks were in the finals and it had an interview with Bolland @ a local bar. In the interview Bolland was reassuring the reporter that the rivalry wasn't just some media hype..he really hated that team with a passion.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:32 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
Yeah, Gotta be a Pennsylvania expansion thing. Philly is closer to Long Island, New York, New Jersey and I think Washington too.
And Pittsburgh is closer to Buffalo, Columbus, and by a matter of about a mile - Washington...but none of those teams are in Pennsylvania.

Throw in that the Steelers and Eagles were old NFL rivals (look up the Steagles for a fun time...the rival has been essentially gone since the merger put the Steelers in the AFC, but that happened around the same time the Penguins and Flyers entered the NHL) and the Pirates and Phillies were heated rivals until MLB's stupid re-alignment put the Pirates in the damn Central Division (while the Braves, who are west of Pittsburgh on the map and were in the NL West before the move, got put in the East...makes sense).

Hawks-Canucks is a great rivalry, but the geographic difference puts a time limit on it. Once one team stops being great then things will fall the wayside...see Red Wings-Avalanche for that, and that rivalry was twenty times rougher than this one is. Pittsburgh and Philadelphia can't stand each other even without the recent spike in the rivalry.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:39 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Phi/Pit

I see Hawks/Canucks as a clear second in the league for rivaliries but being not in the same division hurts it imo. If the two were also vying for the division lead or something like that then it could easily be cause the hate is there and so is the skill, but it just doesn't happen due to them not playing enough. Another playoff series could push it over the top though

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:51 AM
tony d
The franchise

Pittsburgh/Philly.

02-20-2013, 09:11 AM
salty justice

Pens Flyers rivalry has some real tenacity. The Hawks nucks rivalry consists mostly of cheap shots and hair pulling by Van players.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:02 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
Pens Flyers rivalry has some real tenacity. The Hawks nucks rivalry consists mostly of cheap shots and hair pulling by Van players.
yup, can't remember any cheap shots from any Chicago players.... Only "hard working Canadian boys over there".

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:03 AM
ginner classic

Quote:

The Hawks nucks rivalry consists mostly of cheap shots and hair pulling by Chi posters.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 PM
DanZ

Didn't Hansen just elbow Hossa? I'm sure that'll spark something for next game

DanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
And apparently some delusional fans who think there team does no wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post

There was a tribune article that came out when the nucks were in the finals and it had an interview with Bolland @ a local bar. In the interview Bolland was reassuring the reporter that the rivalry wasn't just some media hype..he really hated that team with a passion.
Goes to show with him & if I remember correctly Toews s*** talking the Canucks in the Finals. Funny I don't remember Vancouver doing this when the Hawks were in the Finals. If the Van/Chi rivalry has one team that is obsessed about the other its the Hawks for sure. Look how much they talk about Vancouver in the media when they aren't playing each other.

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Goes to show with him & if I remember correctly Toews s*** talking the Canucks in the Finals. Funny I don't remember Vancouver doing this when the Hawks were in the Finals. If the Van/Chi rivalry has one team that is obsessed about the other its the Hawks for sure. Look how much they talk about Vancouver in the media when they aren't playing each other.

Can't blame them that much though, Canucks eliminated them last time they both met in the playoffs, they still have that bitter taste in their mouth. The Canucks might be more pissed if they were the ones that lost the most recent series, but between the two teams, they got the last laugh so far. Hopefully they meet again in the playoffs, those series are always the most entertaining.

AV's response to Bolland's comment was amazing.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:00 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

I'd like to see all of

1) the Islanders
2) Calgary
3) Edmonton

get good so the battles of Alberta and NY get a little more interesting again.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Can't blame them that much though, Canucks eliminated them last time they both met in the playoffs, they still have that bitter taste in their mouth. The Canucks might be more pissed if they were the ones that lost the most recent series, but between the two teams, they got the last laugh so far. Hopefully they meet again in the playoffs, those series are always the most entertaining.

AV's response to Bolland's comment was amazing.
The year Chicago made it to the Finals & won they beat Vancouver. So by your logic wouldn't Vancouver have that bitter taste in their mouths too? They didn't sound off in the Media about Chicago though....

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
The year Chicago made it to the Finals & won they beat Vancouver. So by your logic wouldn't Vancouver have that bitter taste in their mouths too? They didn't sound off in the Media about Chicago though....
Both teams are bitter towards each other, for sure. Canucks got the last word in terms of playoff series though. And yeah, they handled the media much more professionally.

And I'm kind of glad Chicago beat us 2 years in a row; it forced Gillis to assemble a better defensive corps. He realized our defencemen weren't mobile enough (Ohlund, Mitchell) and that we needed to change things up, and our roster ultimately got better because of it.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:36 PM
StringerBell

@ChrisKuc
Comcast SportsNet delivered highest #Blackhawks regular season rating ever last night--a 7.41 household rating--for game vs. Canucks.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
@ChrisKuc
Comcast SportsNet delivered highest #Blackhawks regular season rating ever last night--a 7.41 household rating--for game vs. Canucks.
While the Bulls were playing.

Kaner Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:50 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Vancouver-Chicago is a purely playoff-based rivalry while the Philadelphia-Pittsburgh rivalry has playoff, historical and geographic elements to it.
Basically.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prattio View Post
Pit phil and its not close. The only thing I will ever agree with a flyers fan on is we hate each other unconditionally without mercy and that we are the two parts of the best rivalry in hockey.

Bruins Canadians vs Pit Phil is a better poll.
No it's not because nothing matches Bruins/Habs. In any context.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Canucks fan saying Pittsburgh-Philly.

This current game...

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:20 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Pittsburgh and Philly forget how to play defense when they face each other. Their goalies tend to forget how to play their positions as well.

I love it.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:21 PM
Gold Pads*
HE SHOOTS HE SCORES!

Best Rivalry: Canucks-Blackhawks or Flyers-Penguins?

These two are the best rivalries in the NHL right now. No doubt.

Which one is more exciting/better to watch?

Also,
Canucks-Blackhawks played yesterday.
Flyers-Penguins played today.

Gold Pads* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post60136577

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old