HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester

Old
02-16-2013, 02:39 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Jay Bouwmeester

I like the fact that Lyle Richardson is ultra conservative ... some other's might even say pessimistic ... when it comes to trades and free agency.

This caught me off guard though:

Quote:
Bouwmeester’s salary will likely keep him in Calgary for next season, especially since the salary cap is going down to $64.3 million.
There's no doubt he's overpaid, but the guy IMO is still a useful player. I don't know where exactly he would end up, but I don't think it would be impossible or even all that difficult for Calgary to move him. Am I crazy?

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:44 PM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Very good defensemen, but would never get much value dealing him because of that contract.

PensBandwagonerNo272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

vCash: 500
JBow to Minnesota for Larsson+Phillips+2nd+Cullen and a 3rd if you keep 3.25M?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
JBow to Minnesota for Larsson+Phillips+2nd+Cullen and a 3rd if you keep 3.25M?
I guess with Suter in the lineup the Wild need someone that can hit.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:09 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I like the fact that Lyle Richardson is ultra conservative ... some other's might even say pessimistic ... when it comes to trades and free agency.

There's no doubt he's overpaid, but the guy IMO is still a useful player. I don't know where exactly he would end up, but I don't think it would be impossible or even all that difficult for Calgary to move him. Am I crazy?
Horcoff and Smitty . you would have to throw your second rd in there , but we could also sent whitney to you

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Horcoff and Smitty . you would have to throw your second rd in there , but we could also sent whitney to you
Lol. Better make it our first.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:51 PM
ComixZone

He really hasn't been "overpaid" this season. Just goes to show that what a lot of people thought was the problem, was the problem. Brent Sutter did not coach a style that let Bouwmeester "be Bouwmeester". In such a troubled season, seeing Bouwmeester play the way he has so far this year makes me legitimately (for the first time) believe Bouwmeester is part of the solution in Calgary, not the problem.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:01 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

As long as he is playing good(ish), it really is not worth it for Calgary to trade him for the lackluster return he is likely too get. Or to eat significant salary. So, in short: I am with Richardson in as much as there will be interst for him, but no one is giving up great young assets for that contract, so probably not what Calgary is looking for as I doubt they are after dumping him for dumping`s sake.

TorstenFrings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
He really hasn't been "overpaid" this season. Just goes to show that what a lot of people thought was the problem, was the problem. Brent Sutter did not coach a style that let Bouwmeester "be Bouwmeester". In such a troubled season, seeing Bouwmeester play the way he has so far this year makes me legitimately (for the first time) believe Bouwmeester is part of the solution in Calgary, not the problem.
Agreed. He has been fantastic this year. I have no doubt that his value will do nothing but increase as the season progresses.

If the Flames were to hold anywhere from 1.6 - 2.5 million his trade value would be huge. 1st 2013 + good prospect, minimum.

He's a top 30 D, and would be surprised to see him in the top 15-20 soon.

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Remember2004

Straight up for Stastny? Bouwmeester has been playing better and Stastny hasn't been Stastny.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:41 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Straight up for Stastny? Bouwmeester has been playing better and Stastny hasn't been Stastny.
**** no, I wouldn't do that straight up, Jbo has played like a #1 defensemen, Tanguay is filling in at center just fine.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Bouwmeester would be in Sacco's dog house after 1 period of hockey.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Noori

Bouwmeester has been an absolute stud this season... and believe me, that feels very strange to say. Who knows, maybe the problem was Sutter and his system. Still, really curious to see how Bouwmeester performs down the stretch, since he has had problems in the late stages of a season.

Right now though, we're better off hanging on to him, rebuild, retool, or whatever the scenario is.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:51 AM
HappyGilmourr

I don't know why he's not a Flyer yet. Calgary for the love of god start your rebuild! You could get some huge pieces if you trade Iggy, Jbo, Mikka and Glencross. Tank... get Mackinnon or Drouin! You could potentially have 5 first round picks if you blow it up now. Or you could come 9th.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:00 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
I don't know why he's not a Flyer yet. Calgary for the love of god start your rebuild! You could get some huge pieces if you trade Iggy, Jbo, Mikka and Glencross. Tank... get Mackinnon or Drouin! You could potentially have 5 first round picks if you blow it up now. Or you could come 9th.
Not sure why we would trade off players who would actually be useful in a rebuild situation. Especially Glencross, since he's on a great long term deal.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Walkingthroughforest
Johnny B. Goode

Jay is finally playing like a 6.68 million dollar defenseman. If he's moving, it's for a lot of value.

Walkingthroughforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:02 AM
kento19
@kento19

Jones + Elliott + Pickard

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:06 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
I really wish Avs management would wise up and get rid of our coach so we could see Stastny have a similar revival that JBow appears to be going through.

He's never been a terrible player, but he hasn't had remotely the offensive touch he did in Florida with Calgary.

That being said, Calgary would be wise to move him and many others and start rebuilding. In a division where young talent is becoming the norm, Calgary will have a tough time keeping up if they don't at least have a couple lean years.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Hockyluv21

Canes would most certainly give Drayson Bowman and a 1st round pick and take all the salary left. We'll even add our #2 prospect Victor Rask if you pay $2M of his contract. We'd love a defensemen of his caliber on our team, we're basically one great D-Man away from being cup contenders.

How I'd structure the deal:

Proposal 1

To Flames:

LW Drayson Bowman (1 year/$600K, then RFA)
D Joe Corvo (expiring)
1st Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

D Jay Bouwmeester (Canes take full salary, 1 year/$6.68M left)

Proposal 2

To Flames:

C Victor Rask (#2 prospect)
D Joe Corvo (expiring)
1st Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

D Jay Bouwmeester (Canes take 1 year/$4.68M, Flames pay 1 year/$2M)

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post

hes playing well... very well if he keeps this up his value is just gonna skyrocket

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
western redmen

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
I really wish Avs management would wise up and get rid of our coach so we could see Stastny have a similar revival that JBow appears to be going through.

He's never been a terrible player, but he hasn't had remotely the offensive touch he did in Florida with Calgary.

That being said, Calgary would be wise to move him and many others and start rebuilding. In a division where young talent is becoming the norm, Calgary will have a tough time keeping up if they don't at least have a couple lean years.
Gives us statsney for the Anton?? we can give him a revival. Bust seriously, I wonldnt mind a deal around Giordano and statsney

western redmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post

were doing fine we are in a lot better of a position than alot ppl think its not like we only have bartschi so dont worry about us and stick to the avs

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:46 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
Canes would most certainly give Drayson Bowman and a 1st round pick and take all the salary left. We'll even add our #2 prospect Victor Rask if you pay $2M of his contract. We'd love a defensemen of his caliber on our team, we're basically one great D-Man away from being cup contenders.

How I'd structure the deal:

Proposal 1

To Flames:

D Joe Corvo (expiring)
1st Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

D Jay Bouwmeester (Canes take full salary, 1 year/$6.68M left)

Proposal 2

To Flames:

C Victor Rask (#2 prospect)
D Joe Corvo (expiring)
1st Round Pick 2013

To Canes:

D Jay Bouwmeester (Canes take 1 year/$4.68M, Flames pay 1 year/$2M)
I wouldn't do either of these deals as a canes fan but I find it laughable that you think you can get Victor Rask in exchange for covering $2 mil of his salary.

Cardiac_Canes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:56 PM
vanwest

He's played well. But not $6.68 million well. He's a good defenceman but overpaid which impacts his trade value. For that price you want a player who provides more offence.

vanwest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
I wouldn't do either of these deals as a canes fan but I find it laughable that you think you can get Victor Rask in exchange for covering $2 mil of his salary.
The thing is, though, a #1 D is basically the one thing that's separating us from either being a contender or a bubble team. I would give up a LOT of assets for a piece like him, especially if Semin got signed before the deadline.

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote