HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Florida Carrying 3 Goalies. For How Long?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:38 AM
caley

vCash: 500
Florida Carrying 3 Goalies. For How Long?

Florida called up Jacob Markstrom today and he's practicing with the team, but neither Jose Theodore nor Scott Clemmensen is hurt. The sense is they will travel to the next game with all 3 goalies on the roster. We all know three-man rotations don't work very well for very long, so is there interest around the league in either Theodore or Clemmensen? Theodore is an UFA this summer, while Clemmensen is on the hook for one more year after this one with a $1.2 million cap hit. Either would seem to fit the bill for the veteran goalie Dave Nonis is supposedly looking for, but then they would have to waive or trade either Reimer or Scrivens, or carry 3 goalies themselves.

02-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Until they acquire Luongo.

Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:43 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Scrivens would be the odd man out. Are we 100% positive that he would have to pass waivers? I thought players on 1 way deals under 900k can move up and down without having to clear waivers...

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:46 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Nonis obviously must have a plan if he wants a goalie. Unless his plan is to move one of Reimer/Scrivens back in a deal.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Finally I can activate Markstrom in my keeper pool. Hopefully they move one and keep him there for the season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:50 AM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Scrivens would be the odd man out.
Not sure about that, he's currently 10th in the league for Save PCT

Quote:
Are we 100% positive that he would have to pass waivers? I thought players on 1 way deals under 900k can move up and down without having to clear waivers...
Believe they still have to clear waivers to go down the first time. Anyways, I'm just parroting James Mirtle who said this the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Nonis obviously must have a plan if he wants a goalie. Unless his plan is to move one of Reimer/Scrivens back in a deal.
That's what I'm thinking, too. But how would you move one of Reimer or Scrivens unless you were getting a big-time goalie in return, given their play.

I think the goalie Nonis is looking for is someone along the line of Joey MacDonald, Curtis McElhinney etc. a good AHL goalie with experience who can come up in a pinch and back up one of Reimer/Scrivens, but help hold down the fort in the AHL, too.

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:52 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Clemmensen would make the most sense from the Panthers perspective to move. Theo would be the ideal mentor for Markstrom and I would expect if Clemmer is dealt, then Theo would be re-signed to a 1 yr extension. Keep in mind, Theo has a NTC and has stated that he would like to retire as a Florida Panther.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nhlfan9191

This call up is no surprise. Clemmenson is as good as gone if Markstrom plays well.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Finally I can activate Markstrom in my keeper pool. Hopefully they move one and keep him there for the season
It sounds like Markstrom staying up is entirely up to his play.

per Harvey Fialkov
Quote:
Tallon says:We got to start to put him into system,see if he can play some games and get some experience for him
Quote:
Have to stem tide.I'm not happy its critical part of season and every game is important now.We need to cut our goals against.''
Quote:
Hes played great down there.Its his third season as a pro.Its time tosee what he can do.
per George Richards
Quote:
#FlaPanthers Dale Tallon inferred Markstrom could be with team longterm if he plays well; admits three goalie system is not the best

caley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
This call up is no surprise. Clemmenson is as good as gone if Markstrom plays well.
Agreed. He has been bad this year.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Mike Jones

Any word on when Kipper's coming back? I can see Feaster making a panic move if he receives unpositive word on his main goalie's health.

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote