Notices

HF GM's not so bad

Old
02-19-2013, 06:13 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
HF GM's not so bad

I was reading the thread below about Colborne and because this board can go back 10 years- pretty amazing stuff (the early years there were days nobody posted to funny) but on 680 08/20/2008 there is a draft thread that is freaking epic.

Its a discussion started by Bruins Ron (who has not been around awhile but is from Montreal and showed up one game at my seats and just a great kid- hope all is well) and went for a few months on the 2008 draft.

First off, Rumpy who posts here was just all over, and I mean all over Jordan Eberle. He saw him several times, he explained his game, it was all throughout the thread....others like Colt and Daaaabs were big Karlson and Carlson guys, and after the draft it was rcduthie77 who is hear just ripping Chia for the pick specifically going off on passing Carlson...Saxson Eric was also so disgusted at both passing Carlson and taking Colborne I think he said he was going drinking

Kirk is all over the thread to with great stuff, and HOH, Mick and others like Erfus and Wonderboy add in.

Its quite the thread and looking back it amazes me how much better many here who go to the DUB, OHL, and QMJHL had bang on observations sans interviews and private workouts.

The fact we go back 10 years has Wally saying he went to Wilmington and liked Bergeron before anyone even really cared, Fun stuff if you ever get bored....for sheer entertainment though visiting the Habs and Leafs board and the Canucks to read the Boston hate is fun- the threads are locked so you cant worry about getting banned, Sadly, there it was a graveyard for many posters I forgot about but certainly remembered when I saw the post. Backin72 was doing a birthday thread and that was a bummer- used to pm him back and forth and chat about music and our dogs- missed that guy, was going to go up there one day and see a game with him....

anyways, lot of posters here make some serious sense, and I get to see how bleeping wrong I am on many of my picks and other stuff- the 2009 draft has a large number here including Nugs adamanet about wanting Couture and forget Hamill- good stuff. I believe the board in both years majority takes Carlson (although Blackhawks pick Kyle Beech also got a lot of love) and Couture.

I give Rumpy though first star he just doesnt say draft Eberle he litterally predicts the future here- and the John Carlson and Erik Karlsson love is showing up big time weeks and even months before the draft- Colborne was not greeted well, and Hamill only slightly better

Last edited by DKH: 02-19-2013 at 06:18 PM.
DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 06:48 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

vCash: 50
I wish had a way to track poster draft success/fail ratio to see whom scores well and who needs to pipe down.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
doubleminor138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 07:46 PM
Rumpy

Thanks for the props a guy gets lucky sometimes...

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 08:42 PM
sarge88

Sometimes I look back at old threads when I have some time to kill.

Lots of great memories to be had.

A ton of laughs too.

I had a couple of Habs fans so mad at me one day that they ended up talking about me on another forum.

(I found that other forum when I googled my screen name and the other posters).

Funny to think that I had so much status at one point in time.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote