HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
So do we, except I think you guys have a better chance at him.
For MDZ straight up? Yes.

For MDZ + someone like Kreider or Miller? Sather won't do that.

I think he comes to his senses and re-ups. Just my opinion..

Old
02-20-2013, 02:06 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Hahaha, autocorrect likes to troll me sometimes. Posting from my phone has its prowls and cans.
Are we going to become your team that you follow in the West? We'll welcome anyone who wants to post more, and you've got some good insights

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
02-20-2013, 02:15 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Are we going to become your team that you follow in the West? We'll welcome anyone who wants to post more, and you've got some good insights
I was a huge Sakic fan. Was devastated you guys matched that crazy offer waaay back in the good old days. Having played goalie all my life, Roy was one of my idols as well. I'm very much a closet-Avs fan. Just keep that between you and me, please.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:16 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
For MDZ straight up? Yes.

For MDZ + someone like Kreider or Miller? Sather won't do that.

I think he comes to his senses and re-ups. Just my opinion..
I could be wrong but I don't think Miller is as untouchable as you think. If he was willing to give him up with Dubinsky, Erixson, Thomas, and a 1st for Nash, I think he might be willing to part with him and MDZ, for O'Reilly + a serviceable defenseman near the deadline.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:19 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I could be wrong but I don't think Miller is as untouchable as you think. If he was willing to give him up with Dubinsky, Erixson, Thomas, and a 1st for Nash, I think he might be willing to part with him and MDZ, for O'Reilly + a serviceable defenseman near the deadline.
That was a rumor. Since then Miller has taken a HUGE step in his development to the point that he is a 19 year old playing in the NHL on the 3rd line. I doubt he is moved.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:22 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
That was a rumor. Since then Miller has taken a HUGE step in his development to the point that he is a 19 year old playing in the NHL on the 3rd line. I doubt he is moved.
Those rumors around then seemed to be pretty accurate though didn't they, and they weren't rebuffed by Sather like other rumors have been? Also ended up very close to the end deal. The word after that was that they viewed Kreider, Mcdonagh, and Stepan as a no go, but didn't mention Miller.

I think it depends on how much Sather values what O'Reilly can bring to a cup contending team. He's the kind of guy you win with. Something Sather might believe is needed to put them over the top, and keep them in that position for years to come.

He's basically what they hoped for in Drury, without the injuries.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

I remember when O'Reilly was a 19 year old playing on our 3rd line.

We thought he'd never be moved.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
If it's not about the money with O'Reilly, then what is it about? Because I don't see how he's going to go to a team this year or next year and come in as their captain, much less even an A......Maybe if he goes to a really horrible team like the Isles or something.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:26 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
If it's not about the money with O'Reilly, then what is it about? Because I don't see how he's going to go to a team this year or next year and come in as their captain, much less even an A......Maybe if he goes to a really horrible team like the Isles or something.
Do you honestly think Ryan O'Reilly expects to be the captain, or "much less an A", on a new team he potentially gets traded to?

Are we on the same planet right now?

Old
02-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Do you have any idea how many people would LOVE to know the answer to this question?

Welcome to our world haha

Old
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Do you honestly think Ryan O'Reilly expects to be the captain, or "much less an A", on a new team he potentially gets traded to?

Yeah I highly doubt that. As much as I think this is a situation of some bad advice and a bit of greed on his part and some really poor negotiating on the Avs part, ROR isnt that kind of guy.

I really wish it could still work out where he is still an Av at the end, but that doesnt seem likely.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
Do you have any idea how many people would LOVE to know the answer to this question?

Welcome to our world haha
Seriously. I hope at some point after he is traded, TPS or someone can give us some kind of clue as to what O'Reilly took so personally. I can't for the life of me figure out what that would be, to take this kind of stance.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think management sees a huge difference in value between Miller and Kreider. Kreider has more potential, but Millers more likely to hit his ceiling. Both are young, former 1st round picks who already have a few NHL games under their belt.

I just don't see what the + is from Colorado that would justify the difference in value between ROR and MDZ for a prospect like Miller/Kreider.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:46 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Those rumors around then seemed to be pretty accurate though didn't they, and they weren't rebuffed by Sather like other rumors have been? Also ended up very close to the end deal. The word after that was that they viewed Kreider, Mcdonagh, and Stepan as a no go, but didn't mention Miller.

I think it depends on how much Sather values what O'Reilly can bring to a cup contending team. He's the kind of guy you win with. Something Sather might believe is needed to put them over the top, and keep them in that position for years to come.

He's basically what they hoped for in Drury, without the injuries.
I think Anisimov + Dubinsky were what the Rangers were offering as far as forwards for a while. They needed to create cap space. That did it.

Quote:
I don't think management sees a huge difference in value between Miller and Kreider. Kreider has more potential, but Millers more likely to hit his ceiling. Both are young, former 1st round picks who already have a few NHL games under their belt.

I just don't see what the + is from Colorado that would justify the difference in value between ROR and MDZ for a prospect like Miller/Kreider.
I agree. Unless Barrie or someone else is coming back I don't see the need to include them. The Rangers need that cheap young talent and they are very high on both players due to their size, strength and speed.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:

I agree. Unless Barrie or someone else is coming back I don't see the need to include them. The Rangers need that cheap young talent and they are very high on both players due to their size, strength and speed.
If it's Barrie, then I think we have to add. MDZ/Miller/3rd?

ROR+Barrie is a better package than MDZ and Miller. IMO, of course.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
If it's Barrie, then I think we have to add. MDZ/Miller/3rd?

ROR+Barrie is a better package than MDZ and Miller. IMO, of course.

We can't afford to give up Barrie at this stage, too much of a chance that we end up getting Shattenkirked.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

I think he's got the character for it...

Old
02-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Chau Vo
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I think he's got the Character for it...
Fixed

Old
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Hey Ranger guys, question for you regarding Marc Staal and his availability let's say instead of a guy like MDZ.

What are your thoughts on this?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkEye View Post
Fixed
Nice!

Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkEye View Post
Fixed
Isn't it $haracter?

Old
02-20-2013, 03:03 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
We can't afford to give up Barrie at this stage, too much of a chance that we end up getting Shattenkirked.
This. The deal on the table for everybody probably excludes all of the Avs top prospects (Siemens, Barrie, Elliott, Sgarbossa, and Pickard). There just isn't enough prospect depth to be sending out unless a real high talent is coming back (like an OEL).

ROR + choice of depth defenseman (ROB, SOB, or Hunwick) is the most likely package the Avs will send out.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I think he's got the character for it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgxACD-rL5c&t=0m53s

Old
02-20-2013, 03:11 PM
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
I remember when O'Reilly was a 19 year old playing on our 3rd line.

We thought he'd never be moved.
If only he didn't break out last year and just stay the perfect 3rd line center chipping in 30 points a year. Ooo the irony. I will be shedding my manly tears when he is traded.

Old
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

I know this was a couple of days ago (and probably put in these thread somewhere). Still I think it is relevant.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2
O'Reilly 18 goals career high. Get on the ice. Greedy agent. Period.

I am actually really interested to see what happens with another organization. If he continues to hold out for the longer term deal or if he signs a bridge deal specifically.

Closed Thread