HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 03:43 PM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
Woah, Leafs fans now are coming onto this board to offer us stuff?

And here I was, thinking there were too many proposals on the trade board from them

Old
02-22-2013, 03:51 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher6 View Post
Woah, Leafs fans now are coming onto this board to offer us stuff?

And here I was, thinking there were too many proposals on the trade board from them
My goal is to keep this thread on topic, given the nature of the emotions involved, I understand that things can happen that people might regret, and posts from our guys and visitors can be taken in the wrong light.

But let me also issue a Message to all reading. In case you were thinking of doing so, do NOT visit other team forums with the sole intention of trolling them about a ROR trade. I would expect and support any outcomes that would result negatively from doing that.

We got this thread here, I'd like it to stay open.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
02-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
My goal is to keep this thread on topic, given the nature of the emotions involved, I understand that things can happen that people might regret, and posts from our guys and visitors can be taken in the wrong light.

But let me also issue a Message to all reading. In case you were thinking of doing so, do NOT visit other team forums with the sole intention of trolling them about a ROR trade. I would expect and support any outcomes that would result negatively from doing that.

Seconded.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
@coachbri1: Self is conditioned to have a point of view when unconditioned we see all points of view and therefore minimize our own, in relationship

We have a new buzzword! Conditioned! (read: brainwashed)

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Seconded.
Thirded. Basically, if I get word from other mods that you are purposely trolling other teams boards I will not back you up, and will likely publicly shame you in some fashion.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
@coachbri1: Self is conditioned to have a point of view when unconditioned we see all points of view and therefore minimize our own, in relationship

We have a new buzzword! Conditioned! (read: brainwashed)
coachbri1 should be banned from these boards. His name shall be he-who-must-not-be-named.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Some clown on twitter is claiming the Avs are trying for McDonagh. While drool worthy, that seems a bit crazy.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:04 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Some clown on twitter is claiming the Avs are trying for McDonagh. While drool worthy, that seems a bit crazy.
That is so crazy Sather would spit his unlit cigar out just hearing it.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Quote:
As long as we stay on topic, it should be fine. This isn't a trade proposal thread. That crap has its own forum and everything. I mean, we've been more or less repeating the same stuff in here for a few weeks, but as much as it a thread to dispense information and personal analysis, it is also one in which to vent frustrations. Which we obviously feel we need to do. But I have zero interest in playing some ****** trade proposal game in here. It is a pointless thing. Like trading virtual baseball cards with people who may or may not be clear on the concept (and virtual or not, don't offer Bob Uecker for my Honus Wagner).

But people get off on that. Fine. Take it to the Trade board. Leafs fans can offer us Bozak and a 3rd for whatever center is rumored to be on the block. Just keep their kind of scum out of this thread. Toronto or otherwise.

Last edited by Frenchy: 02-22-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old
02-22-2013, 06:35 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

The HFBoards Trade Forum...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:14 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post

The other hard part about trading O'R, may be his contract demands. I'm guessing there are a bunch of teams who want to see him playing center for them. But how many of those are going to be willing to pay significantly more than the $3.5M the Avs offered? Particularly since one of those contract years could very well amount to a dozen or so regular season games?
This. I don't see many teams willing to take that kind of risk on a player who has had 2 26 point seasons and a 55 point season. It's still hard to judge how good he's really going to be, it seems he could range from an elite 3rd line center to a great 1st/2nd line center. I just don't see many teams who will be willing to give him the contract he wants (unless he's just asking for so much because he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
The boards would explode if that happened. So would my pants.

A McDonagh - Johnson pairing would be great. Couple of American boys.

Old
02-22-2013, 07:47 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Hey TPS, based on ROR's tweet last night, you think that there might be a better chance (even a small one) that he ends up re-signing w/ us?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:01 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
The HFBoards Trade Forum...You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.
i can think of a few. Ohio St fans,Oakland Raiders fans,Vancouver Canucks fans,Boston Red Sox fans. anywhere those of that ilk converge.

back to Radar though. the impatient person in me wants this resolved now but i want them to get the best deal for the team. even if that's Radar sucking it up and re-signing.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Quote:
Hey TPS, based on ROR's tweet last night, you think that there might be a better chance (even a small one) that he ends up re-signing w/ us?

He's a goner for sure. Lacroix is still alive.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:13 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Quote:
We must be cautious.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Those aren't the threads you're looking for. No seriously, you don't want them.

Old
02-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Well, I'll at least give the kid some props for "apologizing" on his twitter for that letter being published though I'm not sure he had no idea about it. Probably woulda been a wiser idea for him to say to his dad beforehand not to say something especially if his dad knows Dater.

But let's be honest, me and the rest of yous will boo the kid mercilessly if he gets traded (and I'm usually impartial to those things, also I don't have any plans of attending and paying for an Avs game while the team is such a $@#$$#@ even if I lived in Denver so one of you has to boo for me via proxy).

Old
02-22-2013, 08:28 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by volaju View Post
OK, if O'Reilly came out and said something like "I have nothing to do with the negotiations, my agent and the Avs have failed to get a deal done, I'd still love to play here! I don't know what my dad is talking about at all!" then what you're saying would be relevant.

But all he said was that he didn't know his dad was going to make those comments, and he apologized for the annoyance. I don't know if you're serious about what you're suggesting, or if you're just further resigning yourself to the reality that O'Reilly isn't coming back. But yeah, obviously, none of that is going to happen, and it really doesn't matter whether the fans think his apology was "genuine" or not.

Besides, some fans seem to think a hell of a lot more egregious things about O'Reilly than this. It would make zero sense for this to be the thing that breaks O'Reilly.
Well you have to vent sometime , it's kinda frustrating when it's the first thing you read in the morning

Old
02-22-2013, 09:22 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Ok I have to ask , Why is it that most Outsiders that come in here are greeted with an aggressive tone ? It's not the first time that i notice this kind of welcome.

No one will reinvented the wheel, it's been like this since the beginning of time. Fans will overrate the value of their players and devalue the players from the other team.

That doesnt mean that you have to jump on them as soon as they post a "questionable" comment and certainly not tell them to get the F out of there . You dont like the comment you can tell them, but tell them in a proper way , a way that dont seems like you just receved a slap in the face and ready to give one back .

If by any chance an outsider is really trolling us , just report the post . A mod will take care of it and it will end there .

Old
02-22-2013, 09:32 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Ok I have to ask , Why is it that most Outsiders that come in here are greeted with an aggressive tone ? It's not the first time that i notice this kind of welcome.

No one will reinvented the wheel, it's been like this since the beginning of time. Fans will overrate the value of their players and devalue the players from the other team.

That doesnt mean that you have to jump on them as soon as they post a "questionable" comment and certainly not tell them to get the F out of there . You dont like the comment you can tell them, but tell them in a proper way , a way that dont seems like you just receved a slap in the face and ready to give one back .

If by any chance an outsider is really trolling us , just report the post . A mod will take care of it and it will end there .
Probably because we're all exhausted from dealing with people underinformed on the subjects at hand. The opinions in the trade forum for instance. O'Reilly is overrated but God-inder is underrated for instance.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:37 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Why is everyone so quick to say no to Gardiner in a deal for O'Reilly? I wouldn't do it straight up but I don't mind Gardiner being the main piece coming back. Apparently he's "untouchable" though.

The concussion concerns me a bit but I would still take Gardiner over MDZ. Canadian media and Leafs fans overrate him a bit but he's a good player who is only going to get better.

Old
02-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 View Post
Lacroix is still alive.
No way to know for sure. Has anyone even seen him lately? I think Kim Jong Un has made more appearances.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
No way to know for sure. Has anyone even seen him lately? I think Kim Jong Un has made more appearances.
Next time Avs win at home, Lacroix is going to choke to death on a $2 meatball marinara.

Heard it here first folks.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:26 PM
Foppa2118

Now I know how these lengthy waiting for a trade situations can be. This sucks. How is this gonna end up? What the hell kind of return are we going to get?

Closed Thread