HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2013, 11:56 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

vCash: 50
Hi avs fans, Jets fan with the obligatory "coming in peace"

To start off, I do have an idea of how this pisses off fans of the team. We went through the same sort of stuff with Evander Kane before he signed. I like how you guys are taking this somewhat positively, trying to turn a minus into a plus.

That being said, as a Jets fan we're definitely interested in ROR. He would instantly slot in between either Ladd/Kane on the left side and Wheeler on the right side. Little is between Ladd and Wheeler right now, he's a great center, but I think he's better at RW. So ROR himself should be interested in going to the Jets.

As far as trade bait, all we can offer for roster players currently is Burmistrov and Little. We would need to keep our top wingers (Ladd/Kane/Wheeler) as we lack top 9 talent in that area, pretty much all our other forwards are older(Antropov/Wellwood/Jokinen/Miettenen) or waiver wire pickups/4th liners. I'm positive the avs would want a young talented roster player, Burmi and Little are pretty much the only two available.

Our defense is decimated, we went from 8 healthy D (that lasted a whole 3 minutes of ice time) to 6 in a very short period. Enstrom is week to week and Redmond is out for the season(cut to the leg). Previously we were thinking of Little + Postma or Burmi + Postma, but that's no longer on the table. Our goal depth is terrible, we currently have our "ok" AHL goalie as our backup.

Our prospect depth consists of Trouba and Scheifele. There are other promising prospects, but none that currently project as NHL caliber. Scott Kosmachuk and Adam Lowry do have potential. We also have tons of picks, all our 2013 picks except 7th plus Chicagos 2nd and 3rd, plus #59 overall. All our picks plus NJD's 4th next year.

Old
02-22-2013, 11:58 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I have to add, Little is better at RW than he is at center. He's only a C out of team necessity. He had a 31 goal year at RW.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Foppa2118

Remember this guy? I almost forgot what a special player he was, and how he could make such simple plays and turn them into big plays and get big results.

Why can't you just be the bigger man here Ryan, and be an Avalanche player for a long time? Let it go and take the bridge deal!!! Life's too short to get caught up in BS and principles. NHL careers are even shorter.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Remember this guy? I almost forgot what a special player he was, and how he could make such simple plays and turn them into big plays and get big results.

Why can't you just be the bigger man here Ryan, and be an Avalanche player for a long time? Let it go and take the bridge deal!!! Life's too short to get caught up in BS and principles. NHL careers are even shorter.

You're a cruel, cruel man...

Old
02-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Hans Landaskog

Can't you two just veg out, eat a tub of ice cream, and watch Bridget Jones Diary like a normal person?

Old
02-23-2013, 12:13 AM
Flow

vCash: 542
We need him back, I cant watch him leave

Edit: Just watching in the video the way he would quickly give credit to his teammate who set him up for the goal (with the exception of Dan Boyle), just a little thing that makes respect him more!

Old
02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
Ok I have to ask , Why is it that most Outsiders that come in here are greeted with an aggressive tone ?
Stupid proposals are stupid.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:21 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
We need him back, I cant watch him leave

Edit: Just watching in the video the way he would quickly give credit to his teammate who set him up for the goal (with the exception of Dan Boyle), just a little thing that makes respect him more!
Man, this is not constructive at all. Especially when he officially breaks up with the team and starts spending time with a new team.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:24 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
You're a cruel, cruel man...
Ha, I know it's hard to watch. I just stumbled upon it, and remembered it's been so long since we've since him play like this, it needed to be shared.

How the hell did this happen?????

I think this pretty much sums it up actually.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:30 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Hi avs fans, Jets fan with the obligatory "coming in peace"

To start off, I do have an idea of how this pisses off fans of the team. We went through the same sort of stuff with Evander Kane before he signed. I like how you guys are taking this somewhat positively, trying to turn a minus into a plus.

That being said, as a Jets fan we're definitely interested in ROR. He would instantly slot in between either Ladd/Kane on the left side and Wheeler on the right side. Little is between Ladd and Wheeler right now, he's a great center, but I think he's better at RW. So ROR himself should be interested in going to the Jets.

As far as trade bait, all we can offer for roster players currently is Burmistrov and Little. We would need to keep our top wingers (Ladd/Kane/Wheeler) as we lack top 9 talent in that area, pretty much all our other forwards are older(Antropov/Wellwood/Jokinen/Miettenen) or waiver wire pickups/4th liners. I'm positive the avs would want a young talented roster player, Burmi and Little are pretty much the only two available.

Our defense is decimated, we went from 8 healthy D (that lasted a whole 3 minutes of ice time) to 6 in a very short period. Enstrom is week to week and Redmond is out for the season(cut to the leg). Previously we were thinking of Little + Postma or Burmi + Postma, but that's no longer on the table. Our goal depth is terrible, we currently have our "ok" AHL goalie as our backup.

Our prospect depth consists of Trouba and Scheifele. There are other promising prospects, but none that currently project as NHL caliber. Scott Kosmachuk and Adam Lowry do have potential. We also have tons of picks, all our 2013 picks except 7th plus Chicagos 2nd and 3rd, plus #59 overall. All our picks plus NJD's 4th next year.
O'Reilly would do wonders for your team, and I think he'd be fantastic with Captain Ladd. I definitely think Little would be a GREAT addition, though think if the rumored asking price is a top-six forward and a prospect, Sherman will probably demand Trouba and a pick. I'm just guessing on the pick since Trouba is still very raw and unproven.

I would not trade Burmistrov yet. He's still young.

BTW, the Avs have four goaltending prospects playing in the pros. I don't think any of them are elite caliber, but at least one should turn into something resembling a franchise netminder. Calvin Pickard is the best of them...don't know how much Chevy would be willing to part with if one of these netminders were thrown in with O'Reilly.

Quote:
I have to add, Little is better at RW than he is at center. He's only a C out of team necessity. He had a 31 goal year at RW.
I've always thought that, but I suppose it's a lack of anyone else stepping up to truly fill that top line center spot that keeps putting him back there.

Some members of this forum really like Wheeler, but sorry, I'm not one of them. Didn't like him in Boston either--just seems like a guy with all the talent in the world and not quite enough drive. We already had a similar player like that in Wojtek Wolski.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:43 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
I've always thought that, but I suppose it's a lack of anyone else stepping up to truly fill that top line center spot that keeps putting him back there.
Noel was shuffling the lines a few games back, and Little played RW for a game or two. He was excited about the oppurtunity, and did very well.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Noel was shuffling the lines a few games back, and Little played RW for a game or two. He was excited about the oppurtunity, and did very well.
To me, players like Little are only forced into playing center with a lack of real top two centers. They always seem like better choices for the wing IMO, even if it means a dip in points because they don't have as much open ice. It's better for the team, with a player more suited for the responsibilities of center ice, and then you still have a winger like Little.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:02 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

If you guys put Little on the wing, especially with a good C, his production will go up. 100% money back guarantee.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:04 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
If you guys put Little on the wing, especially with a good C, his production will go up. 100% money back guarantee.
The Avs have apparently shown a strong interest in him before, I just don't see the need with the wing, and even center depth this team has.

It makes way more sense for them to target a different type of player, if they're to make a trade. Even if it's a wing. That's just me though.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:05 AM
PAZ

I'd do something like Little + Scheifele for O'Reilly + Hishon/Elliot + 2nd if we couldn't find a deal that was more suitable to our needs.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:07 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

That's the problem, we have four very valuable pieces that can be used in a trade for ROR, but no "medium" pieces to make up for in any gap in value except for draft picks. Chevy is sure hoarding the draft picks.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
It makes way more sense for them to target a different type of player, if they're to make a trade. Even if it's a wing. That's just me though.
Your top 6 is pretty full, even without ROR?

Old
02-23-2013, 01:18 AM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

RoR+Jones for Trouba+Little

Old
02-23-2013, 01:21 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColAvsFan View Post
RoR+Jones for Trouba+Little
I'll pass that over to the Jets board, see what they say. Going to be a tough sell parting with Trouba. I'm also unsure about the cap hit. That's about $9,000,000 in salary coming our way, and we part with $2.3 million. Little's contract is excellent value and expires into RFA.

edit : I think it's a no go for cap reasons. Puts us at about $63,000,000 and Wheeler/Bogosian/Burmistrov are getting new larger contracts this summer, plus Enstrom is getting $2,000,000 more.

Last edited by allan5oh: 02-23-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 01:28 AM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
I'll pass that over to the Jets board, see what they say. Going to be a tough sell parting with Trouba. I'm also unsure about the cap hit. That's about $9,000,000 in salary coming our way, and we part with $2.3 million. Little's contract is excellent value and expires into RFA.
You can always send Enstrom over as a capdump.

But in all seriousness, you mentioned your defense is decimated, you can replace Jones with any of Zanon/O'Brien/Hunwick. They all have cap-friendly deals.

Last edited by Christian Litscher: 02-23-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old
02-23-2013, 01:37 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Your top 6 is pretty full, even without ROR?
No, not necessarily. Right now our 2 top lines are:

Landeskog - Stastny - Jones
McGinn - Duchene - Parenteau

So yeah, those have been two decent scoring lines, but only one truly productive winger in the whole bunch. The others are more 2-way types (Landy/McPing) who can certainly score but not in bunches. And Jones, well, as a friend of mine once put it, dude's streakier than a kindergartner's undies.

The Avs don't have a legit scoring threat on the wings apart from Parenteau, and while he's been a great pickup thus far, he's not enough. We don't have a true scoring winger prospect anywhere in the system (Joey Hishon is the closest thing to that we got, and his NHL prospect grow dimmer by the day) or on the roster.

I could see something like this:

Landeskog - Stastny - Little
Jones - Duchene - Parenteau
McGinn - Mitchell - Hejduk
McLeod - Olver - Kobasew

Jones has been successful on the left side in the past, it could work again. PAP and Dutchy have been so successful together I don't want to break them up, so that leaves Stazz. Maybe Little at the LW spot...? Who knows? Duchene had amazing chemistry with Tomas Fleischmann, mainly because both could play wing or center, and freely switched up to confuse the opposition. I could see those two clicking really well in the same fashion.

Still think the Avs need to find a better long-term solution at that 3rd line C spot than Mitchell--he should be our 4th line center, even as well as he's played. Sgarbossa...?

Old
02-23-2013, 01:44 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I think Little could be a 25-30 goal guy with a guy like Stastny. He has a great wrister, but no one-timer to speak of. His one timers are two timers.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:47 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
I think Little could be a 25-30 goal guy with a guy like Stastny. He has a great wrister, but no one-timer to speak of. His one timers are two timers.
That's okay...we have at least one kid with a good one-timer in Tyson Barrie. We also had a player with a great one-timer in Ryan O'Reilly, but...

Old
02-23-2013, 06:06 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:

edit : I think it's a no go for cap reasons. Puts us at about $63,000,000 and Wheeler/Bogosian/Burmistrov are getting new larger contracts this summer, plus Enstrom is getting $2,000,000 more.

I think it was bad for the Jets anyways.
If we want Trouba and Little we would have to include one of our top prospects. Barrie looks like a stud right now. Elliott has more upside than Barrie but is atleast a year away and has major questionmarks defensively.

I would do ROR + Sgarbossa/Elliott for Little + Trouba + (maybe a 3rd or 4th?).
I am a big Trouba fan.
I don't know if the Jets would take it or if I am overvaluing Trouba but I believe he has #1 potential

Old
02-23-2013, 09:19 AM
SuperJoe

vCash: 697
Quote:

We are going to trade this guy, man we will regret the upcoming trade. Bar none my favourite player on this team, pure heart and soul, I shake my head even thinking about it.

Closed Thread