HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It might be a distraction having to meet him six-eight times a year and especially if they have in-conference playoffs for two rounds.

I don't mind trying to get him out of conference, if that is possible. Obviously if someone in-conference is willing to pay significantly more, it's another matter.
Distraction, from whom? The player maybe but after a couple of games it will be no different then playing any other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Well I think the return will suck anyways.
Jets are not giving up Bogo or Trouba. Especially not if we have a hard on for Little.
And I really don't care for Little...

So if we lose that trade, I don't want to get reminded of it that often. And ROR is the kind of player that will feed off this and kill us down the stretch....
Says who? Fans on a message board?

Old
02-23-2013, 09:35 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Just want to re-iterate, for those visiting other teams forums, keep it civil. I've visited the Jets forum today, and I saw some familiar faces, and it was all good, but like I, Bubba, Frenchy and Soundwave stated in the past, if you troll other forums, we won't back you, we'll stand behind the decision to issue Infraction/Warnings, and lest we forget, Soundwave will find a way to publically call you out ()

If you visit another team's forum and have a problem, don't forget the "Report Post" functionality.

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.

Last edited by RockLobster: 02-23-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old
02-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Distraction, from whom? The player maybe but after a couple of games it will be no different then playing any other team.
You don't know if there is bad blood between players after this. You don't know if the Denver crowd will boo him every time Avs play him. You don't know if a stubborn, competitive guy like O'Reilly will go Super Saiyan or not when he plays Avs.

All things being equal, it's better to have him out of conference. It's obviously not the most important thing, but one of the considerations.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:41 PM
CobraAcesS

Hey since Phoenix won't be in the same Conference, I'd like to see this. (Realistic or not..)

O'Reilly + Sgarbossa + 2nd (The 2nd will probably be pretty close to the first round.)

for

Yandle + Gormley

Gives Phoenix the Centers for now and the future and Colorado our left handed defense for now and the future.

Yandle - EJ
Siemens - Elliott
Gormley - Barrie

Eh? lol

Hey I just wanted to post something different besides these depressing WPG proposals. Even if it's unlikely...

Old
02-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
You don't know if there is bad blood between players after this. You don't know if the Denver crowd will boo him every time Avs play him. You don't know if a stubborn, competitive guy like O'Reilly will go Super Saiyan or not when he plays Avs.

All things being equal, it's better to have him out of conference. It's obviously not the most important thing, but one of the considerations.
If its brining in a package like you posted earlier I'm willing to take on the risk. As for the booing part well it would be nice to hear some noise from the crowd in Denver.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:51 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Man oh man....

Something I just thought of. A lot of us here believe that the Avalanche will either get the value they want for O'Reilly, or damn near close to it.

What happens if Sherman complete just "screws the pooch" on it, and I mean bad. To the point that we're going to have a LOT of other team's posters coming in here...

*shudder*

Old
02-23-2013, 09:53 PM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
The difference for us is that we have a terrible defense. If we didn't, I'd be completely willing to discuss using one of them as trade chips. We have a strong goaltending farm right now that I will also want to use as trade chips in a couple years.

But our defense is trash and Barrie/Elliott are playing on our team and should be given every chance to try to at least make a difference, Barrie has done just that so far. Siemens will be given a look next season and is left handed, the only guy in our system that just might solve our defensive needs.

Unless we're getting Enstrom or Bogosian in the deal, moving one of those three doesn't help us. And if we're getting Trouba it is more of a lateral move including one of them (Trouba will take longer to get into the NHL than the immediate impact they will have anyways).

So if we're acquiring Little, and you're not offering one of our needs... where is there a deal to be made?
Why does Little seem to be a given? I'd rather get the defensive help and skip him, honestly.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Boreal

Hello future rivals! You have no idea how excited I was to hear that Colorado and Winnipeg would be together. I was relatively lukewarm to a potential ROR trade before, but I cannot possibly think of a better way to get things sparked between our two sides before next year. Kinda hoping a trade materializes now, as rational or irrational as it may seem.

All the best to you fine folks in Avalanche country.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Congo Jack
Good Moleman to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Why does Little seem to be a given? I'd rather get the defensive help and skip him, honestly.
Rumor has it that Sherman has a huge crush on Little and also he was drafted in 2006 so he will eventually end up on our team anyways.

Old
02-23-2013, 09:57 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Hello future rivals! You have no idea how excited I was to hear that Colorado and Winnipeg would be together. I was relatively lukewarm to a potential ROR trade before, but I cannot possibly think of a better way to get things sparked between our two sides before next year. Kinda hoping a trade materializes now, as rational or irrational as it may seem.

Hello!

The news that the Avs/Jets might be in the same Division/Conference next year might actually have a negative effect on any possible trade talk that might be ongoing between the two teams. When the news sort of "broke" in the Media that the Avs would be looking to trade them, one of the first things reported was that they wanted to trade him "out East", presumably to avoid playing him so much in a regular season.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Boreal

Well, I understand the thought process, but ROR is not Mario Lemieux. I don't consider him a player to be feared. He would probably be charged up the first time or two he saw his old team, but that stuff wears thin pretty quick.

Either way, I imagine that your management will deal him to wherever nets them the best return. As they should.

Cheers.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:01 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Yeah I bet you'd love that, especially since all you people think your going to have to give up is Little and a small +.

Can't say I agree on 'hoping a trade materializes'.

Quote:
Well, I understand the thought process, but ROR is not Mario Lemieux. I don't consider him a player to be feared. He would probably be charged up the first time or two he saw his old team, but that stuff wears thin pretty quick.

Either way, I imagine that your management will deal him to wherever nets them the best return. As they should.

Cheers.
Think more Claude than Mario, which you could say is scarier for different reasons.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:03 PM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Sounds a bit like every single Evander Kane proposal I've seen.
Heh. I'm sure. Our favorites are Stastny ones typically originating from...um....from a certain eastern Canadian team's board.

I'm not sure why, but it seems that every trade proposal poster from every team in this forum overvalues their prospects. I suspect we're no different here in the Avs forum, but I sense that we may be a bit numbed by movement of prospects/youngplayers/draftpicks in the last number of years. There have been a lot of them.

Quote:
No, I totally understand where you're coming from. Just for the record, you could definitely call Burmistrov one of the Jets best 3 young players alongside Kane and Bogosian. I'm assuming your 1st/2nd/3rd are Landeskog/Duchene/O'Reilly (not necessarily in that order)?
Correct.

Quote:
Guys like Trouba and Scheifele I'd probably look at the same way as you do Siemens, Barrie and Elliott, there's just to much developmental potential to consider trading them for anything short of a massive overpayment.
Honestly, for all players 22 and under, I'd pretty much lump them all together, as long as the prospects are really good. This makes sense from a rebuilding and contact standpoint.

To be clear though, if O'Reilly was coming the other way via trade, I'd give up any of those three Avs prospects for him in a heartbeat.

Quote:
Precisely, I'm operating off the original premise of Bryan Little being one of the pieces.
He's a decent player, but I'm not terribly excited about him for O'R.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:06 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

Cheers.
There is a reason why majority of us want him to go to the East.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Because Little supposedly called Galiardi and asked him about Denver a year or two ago because Little had heard (unclear from who, guaranteed not from any GM) Avs were interested in him.

That means Little is Shermans favorite player in the league and he won't rest until he gets him. I think that is the basic logic here.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:25 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
From what I'm hearing about the Rangers game, MDZ may be less likely too. McD and Girardi hurt today.
Thank God. I really believe he would have majorly tanked it with us.

@ Freud:
The story simply checks out. 2006 draft (you can not deny that Sherman somehow always acquires 2006-players), rumored to have asked about COL,
WPG scouts at our game, WPGs C position....

@Ronaldo: Because teams simply do not give up prospects that fill major holes for them. We would be reluctant to move Siemens as well because he is our only LD
shut down guy we have in the pipeline. And both Bogo and Trouba have the potential to be #1 D.
Like it or not. We are not in the drivers seat in any ROR trade. We will lose any trade. With Bogosian or Trouba coming back I actually believe that we would have a good shot at winning the trade (esp. if the Avs insist on their "multiple pieces"). That is not gonna happen...

Old
02-23-2013, 10:37 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man oh man....

Something I just thought of. A lot of us here believe that the Avalanche will either get the value they want for O'Reilly, or damn near close to it.

What happens if Sherman complete just "screws the pooch" on it, and I mean bad. To the point that we're going to have a LOT of other team's posters coming in here...

*shudder*
good God man, you just want to piss in our cornflakes don't you?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Man oh man....

*shudder*
Sherman and the Avs have pretty much screwed the pooch on this already. Now all that's left is to try and get the situation resolved while keeping the egg on fact to a minimum.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:40 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Quote:
Thank God. I really believe he would have majorly tanked it with us.

@ Freud:
The story simply checks out. 2006 draft (you can not deny that Sherman somehow always acquires 2006-players), rumored to have asked about COL,
WPG scouts at our game, WPGs C position....

@Ronaldo: Because teams simply do not give up prospects that fill major holes for them. We would be reluctant to move Siemens as well because he is our only LD
shut down guy we have in the pipeline. And both Bogo and Trouba have the potential to be #1 D.
Like it or not. We are not in the drivers seat in any ROR trade. We will lose any trade. With Bogosian or Trouba coming back I actually believe that we would have a good shot at winning the trade (esp. if the Avs insist on their "multiple pieces"). That is not gonna happen...
I can guarantee, with 100% certainty, that Greg Sherman doesn't feel a need to trade for players from the 2006 draft. That we have a bunch of players from that draft makes perfect sense since we are a rebuilding team and players in those drafts fit in with what Avs are building towards since the players are 23-24, RFAs and have yet to hit their prime.

If Sherman somehow had turned into a crackpot and believed in the magical properties of the 2006 draft, why did he let Mueller go and traded away Stewart?

Old
02-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

They already have Enstrom as a #1 defender and bogo potentially , with buff paying D, they're defense isn't a terrible. With the trade Freud proposed they also get Elliott to replace trouba( they obviously lose something there but you have to give to get.) I'd be willing to give them Siemens instead of Elliott if that's what it takes to get the deal done.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:43 PM
22FUTON9

what would you guys think of something around

ROR+elliott++Sgar+2nd

for

Myers+Hodgson

would that be fair value??

Old
02-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Man oh man....

*shudder*
Got a lot of worries, that kid. What if the bed wets him, what if Superman decided to kill everybody.

Old
02-23-2013, 10:50 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
They already have Enstrom as a #1 defender and bogo potentially , with buff paying D, they're defense isn't a terrible. With the trade Freud proposed they also get Elliott to replace trouba( they obviously lose something there but you have to give to get.) I'd be willing to give them Siemens instead of Elliott if that's what it takes to get the deal done.
I would not do that . As much as I love Trouba. He is still a prospect. A great one but still risky.

I am not the biggest Little fan there is...
This trade could turn out worse than the Kessel trade if Siemens becomes what I think he can become. If Elliott goes on a tear after being traded we atleast have Barrie. Siemens is the only shutdown D worth a damn in our prospect pool right now and I am a fan of him. He will never be a two way D but I can see him developing into one of the premier shutdown guys in the league.

I don't want to trade a potential Selke winner and potentially one of the better shut down D men in the same deal.
Jets have OFD with Enstrom and Buff. They would ask for Siemens and I would not like it.

@ Freud: Well it is certainly a pattern. Sherman somehow likes the 2006 draft more than most GMs. Maybe he wants to build his core around that age or feels that the draft is underrated?
And I followed the Little rumors last year. And I 100 % believed TPS back then. There is no reason for not believing it now...

@ RL: I really believe that Sherman might do just that. He won't get the value he wants and the Avs have backed themselves in a corner. What will happen? Either we let him go via offersheet (and get probably the # 20 , #50, #80 pick in the draft) or he will just go with a player he likes (Little) and pray for the best..

Old
02-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Correction: With Buff playing D, their defense is VERY terrible.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
I would not do that . As much as I love Trouba. He is still a prospect. A great one but still risky.

I am not the biggest Little fan there is...
This trade could turn out worse than the Kessel trade if Siemens becomes what I think he can become. If Elliott goes on a tear after being traded we atleast have Barrie. Siemens is the only shutdown D worth a damn in our prospect pool right now and I am a fan of him. He will never be a two way D but I can see him developing into one of the premier shutdown guys in the league.

I don't want to trade a potential Selke winner and potentially one of the better shut down D men in the same deal.
Jets have OFD with Enstrom and Buff. They would ask for Siemens and I would not like it.
Think of it like this ROR>Burmi and trouba>Elliott or Siemens. Trouba would replace and be an upgrade for Siemens and burmistrov would replace ROR but downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Correction: With Buff playing D, their defense is VERY terrible.
Yeah, he doesn't want to play anywhere else so it goes Enstrom-buff and bogo- Siemens/Elliott. So they're not losing terrible on that trade off.

Closed Thread