HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 11:21 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
My opinion: I'd like to see the Avalanche get two/three players out of the eventual trade.

They'll almost certainly be sending away the best player in the deal, but I hope the benefit is that their team improves overall because of it.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:33 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by col9duchie View Post
what would you guys think of something around

ROR+elliott++Sgar+2nd

for

Myers+Hodgson

would that be fair value??
that deal would make no sense for the Avs. i don't see Hodgson as a player that is worth dealing all of that. Myers isn't the same player he once was.

Old
02-23-2013, 11:39 PM
JetsFan815

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
I think the first + Little for ROR + one of the 4 guys above would be acceptable.
I would do this deal and think it's fair value if I am the Rangers or the Predators or any other playoff bound team or even if I'm a team like Dallas or Edmonton that is going to be the on the verge of making the playoffs and could use that extra push. But I think the value falls apart if the first is coming from a lottery team like the Jets. Plus I think GMs these days are much more reluctant to trade away a top 10 1st round pick since the Phil Kessell trade blew up in Burke's face.

I hope these reports of Jets interest in O'Reilly are false. If someone is willing to screw over the team that drafted him and gave him a chance to play in the NHL at 18 then he's going to have no problems screwing another team in two years or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I really don't understand this fear of trading within your division. As long as your getting the best possible deal why the hell would you not make the trade? Who cares if he plays against you 1 or 2 more times than a team outside the divsion does, it's not like he's friggen Gretzky.
It makes perfect sense if you are a GM not so much if you are a fan. A GM does not wanna have the player he traded away roll into town several times in a season and score goals against his former team. Even if the trade was working out for the team the knuckleheads and the mouthbreathers both amonst the media and fans will come out and say "See GM X is horrible, he traded away player Y who is doing so well". Just not the kind of distraction a GM wants to have

Old
02-24-2013, 12:28 AM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by col9duchie View Post
what would you guys think of something around

ROR+elliott++Sgar+2nd

for

Myers+Hodgson

would that be fair value??
You're dreaming if you think that trade happens man. Myers is the player with the highest potential right there and they aren't gonna move him. Hodgson's potential is higher than ROR's as well. We'd have to add a tonne to get two players that are probably part of Buffalo's core.

I'd love to do a deal centering around Myers but it won't happen.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:16 AM
hockeyviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
You're dreaming if you think that trade happens man. Myers is the player with the highest potential right there and they aren't gonna move him. Hodgson's potential is higher than ROR's as well. We'd have to add a tonne to get two players that are probably part of Buffalo's core.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:12 AM
22FUTON9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
Hodgson does have more potential than ROR (as top 6) and Im not sure if stastny will stay with us after his contract is up (or traded) so it does make sense to go for him from the avs perspective. hes also good friends with duchene.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:14 AM
22FUTON9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post

Fair enough, I just thought due to his decline since his rookie seaons, myers would be expendable to a certain extent.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:16 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Greetings Colorado, I am an Islanders fan that comes in peace. Yes, you read that correctly, an Islanders fan. The Isles have a very deep prospect pool and some good young talent. I'd like to throw some players out there..

I think Kyle Okposo, who now wears an "A' for the Isles is in need of a change of scenery. He had his first 20 (24) goal season last year at the age of 23 after missing most of the previous season with a shoulder injury. He is off to a very slow start and I think most Isle fans have had enough of him.

Nino Niederreiter, 5th overall pick 2 years ago. In typical Islanders fashion, he was thrown to the wolves last year as a 19 year old. Had a season beyond horrible. The kid wasn't anywhere near ready for the NHL. The kid used that as motivation and has been tearing up the AHL. He leads our AHL team in goals and points (22-39) and seems to be back on schedule in terms of his potential and confidence. When he wasn't invited to start the season with the big club after the lock-out, his agent started screaming for a trade.... In other words, the Isles can't make a good decision with this kid... When he should have been in the minors (last year), he was with the big club. When he should have been with the big club, this year, he is in the minors.. But he is still only 20 years old and playing great hockey with our AHL affiliate.

Two 20 year old AHL rookies along with Nino that I absolutely love are Brock Nelson and Johan Sundstrom. Johan Sundstrom might be one of our most underrated prospects, as he is a very solid two-way forward that can play center or wing. He was our second round pick last year from Sweden and is 39-11-14-25 so far this year in his first year in North America. Oh yeah,he's 6'2.5 200 lbs...... Brock Nelson is in his rookie year at Bridgeport after two years at North Dakota and is 41-14-18-32... He is 6'3.5 200 pounds and the last pick of the first round the same year we took Nino......... I love Nelson.... Not really looking to see him go at all.

Defensive prospects...... One of my favorites is Scott Mayfield from the University of Denver. Scott is a 6'4 210 pound physical D-man that can skate very well and has a good developing offensive game. He was the 2nd pick of the 2nd round two years ago. I only mention him, as many of you may be familiar with him being that he plays in Colorado............

We have many other highly ranked D-prospects... Robbie Russo from Notre Dame, Ville Pokka, our 2nd rounder last year who had a big world junior tournament. I am not mentioning Griffin Reinhart, Andrej Pedan or Adam Pelech because I'd like to keep them.

That's just some names I'll throw out there.......

So what will it take for ROR??? I know Okposo for ROR won't get it done, but Neiderreiter and Okposo is too much, so how about Okposo and Neiderreiter for ROR and either a strong D prospect or a low first rounder/high 2nd round pick??? If you rather have one forward and one D-man instead of two forwards, how is Okposo and Mayfield for ROR??

Now that I bored you with all that, what is the consensus out there with this situation?? Is it him being a bit greedy and getting a bit ahead of himself, or are the Avalanche low balling him?? I heard his dad is a sports psychologist or something of the sort.. any chance his dad may be interferring or feeding the kid's head with dollar signs that are unreal???

Once you guys ok my trade offer, please fax it over to the Colorado front office and have them send it over to Garth Snow to be finalized. Let's have this done by the end of the week.

Thanks!

Old
02-24-2013, 03:24 AM
PeterTheGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Greetings Colorado, I am an Islanders fan that comes in peace. Yes, you read that correctly, an Islanders fan. The Isles have a very deep prospect pool and some good young talent. I'd like to throw some players out there..

I think Kyle Okposo, who now wears an "A' for the Isles is in need of a change of scenery. He had his first 20 (24) goal season last year at the age of 23 after missing most of the previous season with a shoulder injury. He is off to a very slow start and I think most Isle fans have had enough of him.

Nino Niederreiter, 5th overall pick 2 years ago. In typical Islanders fashion, he was thrown to the wolves last year as a 19 year old. Had a season beyond horrible. The kid wasn't anywhere near ready for the NHL. The kid used that as motivation and has been tearing up the AHL. He leads our AHL team in goals and points (22-39) and seems to be back on schedule in terms of his potential and confidence. When he wasn't invited to start the season with the big club after the lock-out, his agent started screaming for a trade.... In other words, the Isles can't make a good decision with this kid... When he should have been in the minors (last year), he was with the big club. When he should have been with the big club, this year, he is in the minors.. But he is still only 20 years old and playing great hockey with our AHL affiliate.

Two 20 year old AHL rookies along with Nino that I absolutely love are Brock Nelson and Johan Sundstrom. Johan Sundstrom might be one of our most underrated prospects, as he is a very solid two-way forward that can play center or wing. He was our second round pick last year from Sweden and is 39-11-14-25 so far this year in his first year in North America. Oh yeah,he's 6'2.5 200 lbs...... Brock Nelson is in his rookie year at Bridgeport after two years at North Dakota and is 41-14-18-32... He is 6'3.5 200 pounds and the last pick of the first round the same year we took Nino......... I love Nelson.... Not really looking to see him go at all.

Defensive prospects...... One of my favorites is Scott Mayfield from the University of Denver. Scott is a 6'4 210 pound physical D-man that can skate very well and has a good developing offensive game. He was the 2nd pick of the 2nd round two years ago. I only mention him, as many of you may be familiar with him being that he plays in Colorado............

We have many other highly ranked D-prospects... Robbie Russo from Notre Dame, Ville Pokka, our 2nd rounder last year who had a big world junior tournament. I am not mentioning Griffin Reinhart, Andrej Pedan or Adam Pelech because I'd like to keep them.

So what will it take for ROR??? I know Okposo for ROR won't get it done, but Neiderreiter and Okposo is too much, so how about Okposo and Neiderreiter for ROR and either a strong D prospect or a low first rounder/high 2nd round pick??? If you rather have one forward and one D-man instead of two forwards, how is Okposo and Mayfield for ROR??

Now that I bored you with all that, what is the consensus out there with this situation?? Is it him being a bit greedy and getting a bit ahead of himself, or are the Avalanche low balling him?? I heard his dad is a sports psychologist or something of the sort.. any chance his dad may be interferring or feeding the kid's head with dollar signs that are unreal???

Once you guys ok my trade offer, please fax it over to the Colorado front office and have them send it over to Garth Snow to be finalized. Let's have this done by the end of the week.

Thanks!
Whats up with Calvin De Haan? He seems like a guy the Avs would be interested in as a LHD with good offensive potenial.

De Haan plus a forward like Nino maybe? I have no idea how De Haan has developed.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:27 AM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post

Thanks!
Hey good to have you here.
The problem is. I would not do Nino + Okposo for ROR. Okposo will never be a 1st line winger on a contender and Nino is a good prospect ( that is the key. Noone knows if he will be a 1st liner. Odds are against him) but I would need one of your top Ds back. I could see Reinhart+ Nino+ Nielsen/Okposo for ROR+ Elliott + Jones+ (2nd?). Don't think that you would like that( I am absolutely sure that you will hate it ) but Okposo + Nino does not excite me at all. We need top line wingers or #2 Ds.
And that is where your whole premise becomes flawed.

The situation escalated because the Avs were playing hardball with him and seem to have said/done things that have really insulted him. And the Avs are simply not offering him more than the 2yr x 3.5 M contract Duchene signed in the offseason.
He wants more and he absolutely loathes Avs management right now. Avs management is the most stubborn there is and they dislike ROR's agency and have so for years...

@Peter: Forget about DeHaan. His career so far has been derailed by injuries as far as I know and it is very doubtful that he can become what he once was projected to be.

Old
02-24-2013, 03:58 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterTheGreat View Post
Whats up with Calvin De Haan? He seems like a guy the Avs would be interested in as a LHD with good offensive potenial.

De Haan plus a forward like Nino maybe? I have no idea how De Haan has developed.
De Haan is struggling mightly in his development and we don't need him much like Potsma from those Jets proposals.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:29 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Little for O'Reilly just feels so MEH. And we aren't getting Bogosian or Trouba at the same time, which just wouldn't happen. Or they include their 1st.

Old
02-24-2013, 05:36 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Little for O'Reilly just feels so MEH. And we aren't getting Bogosian or Trouba at the same time, which just wouldn't happen. Or they include their 1st.
It does not feel meh it does feel like we just got bent over.....

But to be perfectly honest there is no trade out there that is halfway realistic and that I would like.
Maybe Kulikov+ for ROR would be fine. But seems unlikely and if you give me the option of keeping ROR instead of this deal I take that option 101 x out of 100.

Little? Please no.
MDZ? the more I read about him the less I want him
Gardiner? Please God No.
Zibby? Well I guess his ceiling is close to what ROR is right now with a slightly higher offensive output and a tad worse defense.
But that is his ceiling.....
Sekera/Ennis + pieces? I could not be less excited. None of those will be core pieces in the long run.
Pouliot? Well. Duh.

I hate it. Thanks a lot PL, Sherm, Ryan and the gang. You all suck.

Give me an ultra- high risk prospect or a 1st with potential (Buff's 1st?) and gamble on them sucking.... ( I wish).

This season is so frustrating.....

Old
02-24-2013, 08:19 AM
ABasin
Viva "Our Structure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
My opinion: I'd like to see the Avalanche get two/three players out of the eventual trade.

They'll almost certainly be sending away the best player in the deal, but I hope the benefit is that their team improves overall because of it.
I'd much rather have quality over quantity.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:21 AM
ABasin
Viva "Our Structure"

Quote:
Little for O'Reilly just feels so MEH.
Little for O'R is not meh - it's getting bent over. No lube.

Seriously, if Sherman cannot get another team to part with one of its best young players, then he should do nothing.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:23 AM
ABasin
Viva "Our Structure"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Because Little supposedly called Galiardi and asked him about Denver a year or two ago because Little had heard (unclear from who, guaranteed not from any GM) Avs were interested in him.

That means Little is Shermans favorite player in the league and he won't rest until he gets him. I think that is the basic logic here.
Oh, OK. Normal conjecture then.

Old
02-24-2013, 08:26 AM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedba View Post
Ryan O'Reilly
‏@Ryan_OReilly90
I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.
what was this letter about?

Old
02-24-2013, 08:31 AM
Ceremony
Just don't forget

vCash: 499
Quote:
what was this letter about?
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...alanche/12635/

Says it's not about the money, then says it's about the money, R. O'Reilly should be paid because of his character.

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Old
02-24-2013, 08:34 AM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...alanche/12635/

Says it's not about the money, then says it's about the money, R. O'Reilly should be paid because of his character.
Thank you! I loved O'Reilly when he played here, but all this mess has gotten to me and i wouldn't mind trading him for someone..

Old
02-24-2013, 08:53 AM
Pistache

Hi, I am in Florida right now...going to see the Panthers play the Bruins.....Huberdeau seems like a futur superstar....with their bad season again...I am wandering if the Panthers would let him go for O`Reilly.....

Old
02-24-2013, 08:55 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistache View Post
Hi, I am in Florida right now...going to see the Panthers play the Bruins.....Huberdeau seems like a futur superstar....with their bad season again...I am wandering if the Panthers would let him go for O`Reilly.....
Lol, we can always dream..

Bad teams dont give up good young players when they are having a bad season, they might give up some older players who are still good but have some value.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:02 AM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Lol, we can always dream..

Bad teams dont give up good young players when they are having a bad season, they might give up some older players who are still good but have some value.
yeah that's not gonna happen sadly :p him and Gudbranson is probably the two who would be last to leave Panthers. it's like we would trade Landy or Duchene, not happening

Would like some grit and size instead of jones/stastny. Like Bruins Lucic type of player.. hard to find but that would be ideal for me, we're not tough enough imo.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:13 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
yeah that's not gonna happen sadly :p him and Gudbranson is probably the two who would be last to leave Panthers. it's like we would trade Landy or Duchene, not happening

Would like some grit and size instead of jones/stastny. Like Bruins Lucic type of player.. hard to find but that would be ideal for me, we're not tough enough imo.
I completely disagree.
We are easily tough enough. The problem is we are not skilled enough.
We have Downie, McGinn, Landeskog, McLeod, Bordeleau and Trollver as well as SOB, ROB, and Wilson. EJ is not small either.
Not many teams that can compete with that.

What we need is more skill and talent...
PAP is not a 1st line winger. Landeskog is borderline right now. Jones is certainly not a top line winger. McGinn is a second line winger at best as well.

This team simply needs one of Jones (#1 D) , Drouin (unbelievably skilled winger) or MacKinnon (Recreate Forsberg/Sakic with Duchene/MacKinnon + fill other holes by trading Stealthny).

Sadly that is not gonna happen....
We desperately need another top 3 pick . Damn you Varly and Matty and probably Lando

Old
02-24-2013, 09:20 AM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Columbus might be in for one hell of a draft and steal a few players we want. There own pick, and LA and NYR are slumpin.

I wouldn't mind getting Jets 1st into a trade with RoR even if it means we have to give up Elliott or something.

Old
02-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
I'd much rather have quality over quantity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Little for O'R is not meh - it's getting bent over. No lube.

Seriously, if Sherman cannot get another team to part with one of its best young players, then he should do nothing.
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Closed Thread