HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly : Money-Money-Money-Money...Mo-ney!! Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 06:51 PM
WornWithPride
24 cups? Who cares.

vCash: 500
@TH2NSTATSGUY
Jay Bouwmeester will pass Guy Charron Tuesday as the all-time leader in NHL games played (735) without ever making the playoffs.

Nuff said.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:59 PM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Quote:
Originally Posted by WornWithPride View Post
@TH2NSTATSGUY
Jay Bouwmeester will pass Guy Charron Tuesday as the all-time leader in NHL games played (735) without ever making the playoffs.

Nuff said.
Not his fault that he's played for Florida and Calgary. It takes a team not a single player to make the playoffs.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Not his fault that he's played for Florida and Calgary. It takes a team not a single player to make the playoffs.
True it takes a whole team, but Calgary made the playoffs 5 years in a row before JBo joined them. I know... post hoc ergo propter hoc... but it has to make you wonder.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Um, actually it most certainly IS his fault he's played for Calgary. He could've tested the market if he wanted. Just because the Flames traded for his rights before he was set to do so doesn't mean he had to sign. He could've just waited until July 1st and signed with any club he wanted.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Elever
Hth

I can't believe that quote from O'Reilly around October in the Denver Post. He says to paraphrase, it's out of my control at the moment but I plan to re-sign and hope to get back to the team.

The quote was basically confirmation that he hasn't re-signed due to $ reasons not because he was unhappy in his time here from before.

Old
02-25-2013, 08:38 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
I heard that RoR hired THIS guy as one of his advisors a few months back. It created some problems:

Ryan, YOU'RE THE BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

Old
02-25-2013, 08:52 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I heard that RoR hired THIS guy as one of his advisors a few months back. It created some problems:

Nice throw-in here Bender.

Thought I'd been in love before, but in my heart I wanted more. Seems like all I really was doing was waiting for you - John Lennon/The Beatles
Old
02-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Mant*

Do we even know if Com'radar is healthy yet?

Old
02-25-2013, 10:41 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
He was practicing with a junior team--the London Knights, I believe. No reports that he still appeared injured.

Old
02-25-2013, 11:40 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I hope this saga ends soon. I don't think his value will go up this summer. Yeah, the team that gets him would get the full 4 years of service rather than 3 and maybe 25 games, but they'd also be getting a player whose essentially lost a year of development by not playing. I think some team is going to want him for their playoff run this year.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:07 AM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 281
Quote:

ok, how did you know Punk was my favorite wrestler, who told you!

ROR does need to come to his sense though. unless we get a sick haul for him, then he can go.

Old
02-26-2013, 12:40 AM
Barklez

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I hope this saga ends soon. I don't think his value will go up this summer. Yeah, the team that gets him would get the full 4 years of service rather than 3 and maybe 25 games, but they'd also be getting a player whose essentially lost a year of development by not playing. I think some team is going to want him for their playoff run this year.
Maybe Crosby's head/neck issues will have the Pens all jumpy and they'll shutdown Malkin for the season (pretty nasty whiplash from the angle I saw), freeing up a spot for O'Reilly there.

As much as I'd like to see him rot in a Russian backwater somewhere for his little conditional out-clause contract stunt this winter, there are a few nice pieces in the Pens system that an O'Reilly trade might be able to squeeze out of there. About a 1% chance of it ever happening, but I think we must all be at the dreaming stage by this point, I know I have been for a while.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
I don't want him to get traded to a team that has any shot at the cup. I just refuse to wish him any success after this if he doesn't end up back with Colorado.

Old
02-26-2013, 07:10 AM
SwedisHab
Slim Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barklez View Post
Maybe Crosby's head/neck issues will have the Pens all jumpy and they'll shutdown Malkin for the season (pretty nasty whiplash from the angle I saw), freeing up a spot for O'Reilly there.

As much as I'd like to see him rot in a Russian backwater somewhere for his little conditional out-clause contract stunt this winter, there are a few nice pieces in the Pens system that an O'Reilly trade might be able to squeeze out of there. About a 1% chance of it ever happening, but I think we must all be at the dreaming stage by this point, I know I have been for a while.
Unless its Sutter or Letang i dont want anything to do with any players of that team. people will say Kunitz which is stupid, might as well go for Sakic or Forsberg if we want old people...

Old
02-26-2013, 07:57 AM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
I don't want him to get traded to a team that has any shot at the cup. I just refuse to wish him any success after this if he doesn't end up back with Colorado.
If the Avs are smart , they will trade him to one of the teams that are near the bottom standing . They just have to be smart about it , dont pick a team who's at the bottom by accident , like the Habs last year. Last year, Montreal had an off year for all kind of reasons , we knew that they wouldnt stay at the bottom for many years. Pick a team that you know will have trouble for a few other seasons in a row, even after that Radar's trade .

Oh , and you trade Ryan to a bottom team, you could always ask for their first round pick this year .

Win-Win situation

Old
02-26-2013, 08:07 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barklez View Post
I think they'd simply move Sutter up to Malkin's line.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
He's ready to play. A few practices and good to go. No niggling injuries.

Old
02-26-2013, 08:50 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
He's ready to play. A few practices and good to go. No niggling injuries.
I figured that he was ready to play relatively soon after he got back from Russia?

So, TPS, the Winnipeg news you got, I asked a couple of pages back that upon hearing that, in your opinion only, would that mean that this whole ordeal is closer to being resolved?

And like always, you can always PM me if you don't want to put it here.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:19 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I figured that he was ready to play relatively soon after he got back from Russia?

So, TPS, the Winnipeg news you got, I asked a couple of pages back that upon hearing that, in your opinion only, would that mean that this whole ordeal is closer to being resolved?

And like always, you can always PM me if you don't want to put it here.
I don't think so, just that the Jets were given an idea on O'Reilly's contract demands. It's important to remember that there are upwards of 10-12 teams legitimately interested. No end in sight yet...

Old
02-26-2013, 09:25 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
I don't think so, just that the Jets were given an idea on O'Reilly's contract demands. It's important to remember that there are upwards of 10-12 teams legitimately interested. No end in sight yet...
10-12 teams...well I didn't know it was that many, I figured a handful of legit interested teams.

So besides Winnipeg, are you able to confirm/deny any of the other legitimately interested teams? I would assume that some would be who we've heard, like Ottawa, NYR, etc.?

Old
02-26-2013, 09:39 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Good, I'm perfectly fine with him leaving the Avs as long as the return is excellent. Plenty of intriguing forward prospects available in the top five this year as well.

Old
02-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
The Avs should trade him twice...double the return.

(I think that's what Marcel Aubut was thinking back then )

Old
02-26-2013, 10:18 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

From the latest LeBrun article:

Quote:
In the meantime, everyone is waiting to see if/when Colorado moves Ryan O’Reilly. A long list of teams have inquired -- the likes of Ottawa, Toronto, Philadelphia, the Rangers, among other clubs -- but have been put off by the high asking price.

"I just think they don’t really want to move him unless it’s a home-run offer," said one Eastern Conference GM. "That’s their prerogative, really."
The only thing I gather is that it will take a massive over payment to get ROR. Otherwise the Avs will just wait for ROR to break.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
The Avs should trade him twice...double the return.

(I think that's what Marcel Aubut was thinking back then )
I think he was on to something.

Probably the biggest fiasco in modern NHL history.

Old
02-26-2013, 10:28 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
From the latest LeBrun article:

The only thing I gather is that it will take a massive over payment to get ROR. Otherwise the Avs will just wait for ROR to break.
Or they'll trade him at draft day. I think it's the right decision to wait. There will be so many buyers and only a few sellers at the deadline this year and it's a good year to make a trade at the draft imo.

Closed Thread