HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Around the League part deux

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-01-2013, 11:52 AM
  #901
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Kipprusoff has already said he will not report if he is dealt.
They are now saying they want to be consulted before a deal is made, which has to happen anyway with his nmc.

He might decide to go if its a legit chance of a playoff run.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 11:55 AM
  #902
JetsHomer
Registered User
 
JetsHomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,278
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Kipprusoff has already said he will not report if he is dealt.
Kyperos said that. Dregar has denied it. Says Kipprusoff will weigh all his options just come to him before a trade.

at Bob: he doesn't have a nmc.

JetsHomer is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:16 PM
  #903
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Kyperos said that. Dregar has denied it. Says Kipprusoff will weigh all his options just come to him before a trade.

at Bob: he doesn't have a nmc.
Right. NMC expired after 2011-12 season.

Still think he might agree to move to a quality team, that desperately needs goaltending.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 12:18 PM
  #904
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,693
vCash: 500
I'd like to point out the Ducks are 2-4-2 since I said they were due to fall

__________________


Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:43 PM
  #905
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Handzus to chicago for a 4th.

Sets the Antro bar a bit, imo, as he would be a 3rd rd pick or better. But don't think he's going anywhere.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 03:52 PM
  #906
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Handzus to chicago for a 4th.

Sets the Antro bar a bit, imo, as he would be a 3rd rd pick or better. But don't think he's going anywhere.
Your kidding right? Handzus is barely an NHLer at this point, they are in no way shape or form comparable. Handzus from 2008 maybe is similar to Antropov now, but that was quite a while ago.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  #907
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Your kidding right? Handzus is barely an NHLer at this point, they are in no way shape or form comparable. Handzus from 2008 maybe is similar to Antropov now, but that was quite a while ago.
Comparable in that both are big, aging players, that are on the back 9 of their careers.

Handzus wins faceoffs, and provides little else, other than a big body. He provides zero offence and is not great defensively.

But, Antro is a big body, who doesn't win f/o, and provides little offence, as well. He's better defensively, therefore worth more, imo.

I did say Jets would get more in deal for Antro, a 3rd or higher, but to think it would be dramatically different than Handzus, I don't see it.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM
  #908
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Comparable in that both are big, aging players, that are on the back 9 of their careers.

Handzus wins faceoffs, and provides little else, other than a big body. He provides zero offence and is not great defensively.

But, Antro is a big body, who doesn't win f/o, and provides little offence, as well. He's better defensively, therefore worth more, imo.

I did say Jets would get more in deal for Antro, a 3rd or higher, but to think it would be dramatically different than Handzus, I don't see it.
And Gaustad returned a 1st round pick. Antropov is better defensively and offensively that Gaustad.

Not saying Antropov would necessarily return a 1st, but considering a #6 defenseman that can barely move just returned 2nd + 3rd, I'd say his value is higher than a 3rd...

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:22 PM
  #909
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
And Gaustad returned a 1st round pick. Antropov is better defensively and offensively that Gaustad.

Not saying Antropov would necessarily return a 1st, but considering a #6 defenseman that can barely move just returned 2nd + 3rd, I'd say his value is higher than a 3rd...
Well, it was Gaustad and a 4th, for a 1st.

But I get what your saying. My bias for wanting an upgrade to Antro is likely showing thru.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:24 PM
  #910
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Well, it was Gaustad and a 4th, for a 1st.

But I get what your saying. My bias for wanting an upgrade to Antro is likely showing thru.
Tough to do.

Antropov is top 10% performing 3rd liner in the league...

garret9 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:41 PM
  #911
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Tough to do.

Antropov is top 10% performing 3rd liner in the league...
Somehow I knew garret would shoot that comment down with stats and logic. Lol.

IIRC, many of Antro's points are coming when he plays with Kane, and usually Burmi, as a line (which could be labeled a 2nd line for Jets). But when in a 3rd line role, typically with Welly and Tangradi, there may be scoring chances, but very little production.

Antro also seems to have gotten some points on the pp, which other '3rd liners' wouldn't get.

Is he more valuable than other players, like handzus? No question. I just don't see the production, even in a 3rd line role. Same for Olli. We might have guys producing at a 3rd line rate, but someone has to play on the 2nd line, and produce. .

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:46 PM
  #912
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Somehow I knew garret would shoot that comment down with stats and logic. Lol.

IIRC, many of Antro's points are coming when he plays with Kane, and usually Burmi, as a line (which could be labeled a 2nd line for Jets). But when in a 3rd line role, typically with Welly and Tangradi, there may be scoring chances, but very little production.

Antro also seems to have gotten some points on the pp, which other '3rd liners' would get.

Is he more valuable than other players, like handzus? No question. I just don't see the production, even in a 3rd line role. Same for Olli. We might have guys producing at a 3rd line rate, but someone has to play on the 2nd line, and produce. .
Nope... almost split 50%
I believe 1G 5A with and 1G 4A without.
I didn't say it's impossible, just meant it's unlikely. Per minute Antro is producing more than anyone not LLW+Kane...
Our dead weight right now is Jokinen and Miettinen. I can see Jokinen bouncing back next season (although no guarantees, just a weighted probability), but Miettinen... ya....

I agree that we're lacking people to produce on a top6 line. Having one 3rd line calibre player on that line is no big deal when you have someone like Kane, but having two... AND the two that we have are the two worse... but Noel "trusts" them *rolls eyes*

I wish Chevy found his top6 RW scorer, place him on Kane, then it wouldn't matter much if Jokinen or Antropov is C the 2nd line and are below ideal production.
Ladd-Little-Wheeler
Kane-Antro/Joki-xxx
Burmi-Antro/Joki-Welly
Wright-Slater-Peluso
That can make some noise.

garret9 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
  #913
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Maybe I have displaced anger. Maybe its Olli and his lack of production as a top 6 center.

An Antro in a 3rd line C role, wins most 3rd line match-ups. I'm good with that.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 04:54 PM
  #914
Bob E
Registered User
 
Bob E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Winnerpeg
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
If the production with or without Kane is similar, is the number of games played with or without Kane similar as well? My guess would be he's played less games with Kane, which may be more reason to put him with Kane and Burmi to generate some secondary scoring rather than having Kane with Olli and Mittens.

Bob E is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
  #915
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,693
vCash: 500
Not getting any help at all today with New Jersey and Montreal losing...gotta take care of our own business though, let the rest sort itself out...

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:40 PM
  #916
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,074
vCash: 50
Dammit, looks as if Regher is going to LA.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:43 PM
  #917
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,697
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brogosian View Post
Dammit, looks as if Regher is going to LA.
For two 2nd round picks. Nice deal for both teams. Regher should fit in well in LA, I would think.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=140320  8020
Guerzy is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:47 PM
  #918
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,074
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
For two 2nd round picks. Nice deal for both teams. Regher should fit in well in LA, I would think.
I would have done that. Then I think we could have dealt Hainsey.

I don't want to see Ron go, but IMHO with the makeup of our D corps Regher>>Hainsey

We might even get those 2 seconds back.

I guess it's all a moo point. You know, a cow's opinon.

Jet is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:51 PM
  #919
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,697
vCash: 50
Wow, now Bouwmeester to St. Louis. Calgary is cleaning the cupboards. Who's next?

Quote:
@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Flames also say if Blues miss the playoffs, that 1st round pick in 2013 becomes 4th-rounder this year and a 1st rd in 2014

Guerzy is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:52 PM
  #920
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,689
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I thought J-Bo would go to the Red Wings. Crazy.

TradeCentre is going to be even more of a bore this year.

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
  #921
Jet
Moderator
Chevel-takesadayoff
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: New Glasgow
Country: Scotland
Posts: 17,074
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I thought J-Bo would go to the Red Wings. Crazy.

TradeCentre is going to be even more of a bore this year.
LOL the MSM is just crying right now.

Jet is online now  
Old
04-01-2013, 07:55 PM
  #922
LadyJet26
GO JETS GO!!!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,919
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I thought J-Bo would go to the Red Wings. Crazy.

TradeCentre is going to be even more of a bore this year.
St Louis is never going to win anything now. Bowmeester has never made the playoffs EVER.

LadyJet26 is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:00 PM
  #923
mzappa
Jets fans in space
 
mzappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 50
Maybe the Jets should start selling too................

mzappa is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:03 PM
  #924
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,126
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Wow, now Bouwmeester to St. Louis. Calgary is cleaning the cupboards. Who's next?
For the love of god and sake of the Jets future
Trade Hainsey right ****ing now

__________________
Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
King Woodballs is offline  
Old
04-01-2013, 08:06 PM
  #925
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Wow, now Bouwmeester to St. Louis. Calgary is cleaning the cupboards. Who's next?
Kipper. Probably to the Leafs

Stats01 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.