HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nucks 3 Hawks 4 (SO): Hawks extend their streak, Honey Badger Don't Give A ****™

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

vCash: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Edler and Burr on 1, Bieksa pinch on the other.
The Dman (point man) on the other side needs to be paying attention though. Might lead to a 2 on 1 but not a breakaway.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
The Dman (point man) on the other side needs to be paying attention though. Might lead to a 2 on 1 but not a breakaway.
while I agree with this, pretty bad plays on both. although a forward should have sat back when Bieksa was pinching.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Jyrki21
Trade request DENIED

vCash: 500
Why does everyone -- as usual -- pin the team's problems on "effort"? The idea that they're not trying is absurd on its face. Chicago being really good and poor play in spite of effort was the problem tonight.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
gongshowmonkey

hawks forum has a POLL up
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1355035

Old
02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
3 shots today. With no PP time, that's probably all you can hope for. Which brings me to the fact that I hate Hamhuis and Bieksa on the 2nd unit. Just horrible watching those two on the PP.
Yeah, like I said he was noticeably better tonight, and especially in that regard. Hope he can keep games like this coming.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:34 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
Why does everyone -- as usual -- pin the team's problems on "effort"? The idea that they're not trying is absurd on its face. Chicago being really good and poor play in spite of effort was the problem tonight.
Because they tend to make stupid mistakes and get caught because they quit moving their feet?

When you look slow and lazy people will question the effort.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
BrandonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshowmonkey View Post
I'll vote - Based off the comments in that discussion, I think that poll is going to need all the rational voters it can get.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:36 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
Haven't seen any of those posts tonight, but if they're out there...

Execution would be a far better point of contention.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
I'm not even going to bother looking at that filth. The amount of disgusting comments I've gotten on twitter from Hawk fans today for no reason at all has officially put them up there(or down there I should say) with Boston fans for me.

Anyways was a mess of a game that we somehow(Schneids) got a point out of. Still, Canucks need to wake up. D is a mess.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
StringerBell

Ugh. The TSN highlights were awful. Pro-hawks bias on a Canadian channel.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
gongshowmonkey

from hawks Board - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
See, this is the real problem here. This isn't a coach trying to put up a public front to lessen the discipline on a player of his. The reality is that Vigneault is a dirty coach. Plain and simple. He has this "if we can't beat you we will hurt you and take you out" mentality and it comes through in his players. This "win at all costs" mentality also shows up in with all the excessive diving and embellishment that team does too. Cheap shots are simply the norm of the Canucks, and it's not just one player. I get that this kid hasn't really done much like this before, but under Vigneault's coaching, this won't be the first time. It won't go away until Vigneault does. We are all stuck with it.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Haven't seen any of those posts tonight, but if they're out there...

Execution would be a far better point of contention.
Effort maybe no, but a noticeable lack of intensity after the Hawks scored their two goals until about 10 minutes left in the game.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Orca Smash

vCash: 50
Great to hear henrik say exactly what I wanted, team cant take breaks for an entire period, this is 3 straight games now.

Old
John Bender

I wonder at what point do we start to maybe consider that the Canucks pro-scouting is problematic? Some of the additions Gillis has made boggle the mind - and at big tickets.

Ballard has been a horrendous addition.
Booth has been nowhere near a 4+ million dollar forward.
Garrison? Jury's out, but so far so NOT good.
Kassian? Jury's out there too - but so far he is doing his best to be completely irrelevant most nights.

Higgins and Lappierre were nice additions - and low cost, but beyond that?

I don't know. I don't really like Gillis' trend of constantly acquiring players on these long term 5 or 6 year deals.

The Canucks continue to lack a real bona-fide #1 defenseman. The losing out on Justin Schultz will haunt the organization for years, imo. Edler, is a #2 at best. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis, Tanev are all 3/4 guys.

That being said - depsite all this negativity, the team remains a contender. I'd just like to see Gillis go out and make some repairs before long. How much longer must we watch Ballard in a Canuck uniform? Booth? How much longer must we watch Hamhuis fire pucks into the shins of the opposition on the PP? There is some work to be done with this team, imo.

Old
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Ugh. The TSN highlights were awful. Pro-hawks bias on a Canadian channel.
They don't have to kiss our ass like sportsnet does.

Old
miked1101

Quote:
from hawks Board - LOL
Lol the sad thing is a lot of these people believe what they are saying/being told.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:42 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

AV a dirty coach? LMAO

More like a lazy coach to be honest, apparently anything anti-Canucks is good on TSN and the rest of the country.

Sickening

Old
aandbreatheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Effort maybe no, but a noticeable lack of intensity after the Hawks scored their two goals until about 10 minutes left in the game.
Every time the they score a goal against us in their building I have instant flashes of them potting 2-3 more in a span of 3 minutes. Seems like the Canucks have trouble calming it down, it just gets worse and worse.

Old
John Bender

Quote:
from hawks Board - LOL
I have no understanding as to how he surmises that to be even remotely the case? Bizarre.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
orcatown

Lot more bad than good in this game. In the main, a very disorganized effort with real poor defensive coverage. Just left Schneider bailing out the team all night. Those who say the Canucks play better in front of Schneider than Luongo have little to base that on given the evidence of this game.

The Good

Edler - much better than in earlier games. Played with some authority and did a lot to lead the come back. Far from perfect but in relative terms (compared to the rest of the defense) was a stalwart in this game

Hansen - gives this guys some hands and he is superstar. His speed and tenacity are so important to this team. Never gives less than his best

Schnieder was outstanding given the quality of chances given up by the team. Made some amazing saves to get the team a point. Unfortunate in the shoot out

Ballard - Tanev - love the compete level. Looked the most cohesive defensive unit.

Sedins - just create and create. Some bad luck and at times seemed to over pass. But they out competed some good players in this game. Critical in the come back. Burrows provided some good screens but he also didn't put away some very good set ups created by the Sedins

The Bad

Bieksa - sloppy play throughout and some real half-hearted plays defensively. Second Hossa goal was very poor. Just looks so unfocused and bewildered at times. Nice that he could tie it up but that hardly disguised that overall poorness of his play.

Garrison - another night of thrashing around just trying to cope. Passing was erratic and and clearances from his zone very weak. Has shown nothing so far and the idea that somehow he can be defended by saying others are worse is ludicrous. Needs to be judged on his own merits. Very hard to play with because his movement without the puck is so hesitant and slow. Rarely provides a good option to teammates. Really struggling

As of now the buy out option needs to be considered here as Garrison's contract could become real albatross.

Kassain - First goal against was a good example of the lack of awareness and helter- skelter play of Kassain. Was at the point of the mid ice trap and then just drifted out of the play chasing the puck. Puck easily moved through the middle and ended up with Sharp getting wide open shot. His slow reaction to situations is getting more and more exploited. Maybe put in Volpatti and give Kassian a couple of weeks with the Wolves to sharpen his game. Guy is a long term project.

The Ugly

Kesler

Need to give him time to get his legs under him but that was very poor tonight. So many odd man rushes allowed. He just can't cover back for the pinching defenseman right now. Getting caught standing still all the time. Hard to blame Kesler since he hasn't played hockey for so long. Have to hope the whole season isn't a write off.

Other points

Schroeder looked like a rookie at times tonight but his defense remains pretty good.

Nice to see Weise hang in with Bollig.

Reffing again, and like in games across the League, was brutal. Absolutely inconsistent and dependent on crowd reaction or the situation. Teams every where get screwed over every night in this League and nothing ever gets done or changed.

Coaches seem to be given the players a lot of time off. However, this team needs to get to work on playing good team defense. Right now they can't really protect a lead or stop other teams from getting continuous guilt-edge chances.

Booth played as expected. Not up to game speed but played with some enthusiasm. Hopefully picks it up quickly so we can get some appraisal of him heading into next season.

Old
BrandonL

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
I wonder at what point do we start to maybe consider that the Canucks pro-scouting is problematic? Some of the additions Gillis has made boggle the mind - and at big tickets.

Kassian? Jury's out there too - but so far he is doing his best to be completely irrelevant most nights.

I don't know. I don't really like Gillis' trend of constantly acquiring players on these long term 5 or 6 year deals.

The Canucks continue to lack a real bona-fide #1 defenseman. The losing out on Justin Schultz will haunt the organization for years, imo. Edler, is a #2 at best. Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis, Tanev are all 3/4 guys.

That being said - depsite all this negativity, the team remains a contender. I'd just like to see Gillis go out and make some repairs before long. How much longer must we watch Ballard in a Canuck uniform? Booth? How much longer must we watch Hamhuis fire pucks into the shins of the opposition on the PP? There is some work to be done with this team, imo.
Surprising that a 22 year old power forward is struggling with consistency, isn't it?

Old
serge2k

Quote:
from hawks Board - LOL
I support this if it means getting rid of AV

lol, win at all costs? They do realize this is Vigneault right? Guy who will sit on a 1-0 for 50+ minutes?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:44 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
AV a dirty coach? LMAO

More like a lazy coach to be honest, apparently anything anti-Canucks is good on TSN and the rest of the country.

Sickening
Hey, I'm more surprised that he referred to AV as a coach. News to me.

Old
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
They don't have to kiss our ass like sportsnet does.
Nope. The context in which they described the Hansen incident and showing Kesler's dive instead of goals were interesting choices from the producers though. Just found it a bit curious is all.

Old
serge2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post

cause he's a #1 dman now.

Hamhuis is a 3/4 at best?

yeah, you just seem either overly negative or atrocious at judging players.

Closed Thread