HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Hansen Be Disciplined for His Elbow to Hossa

View Poll Results: Should Hansen Be Disciplined for His Elbow to Hossa
No he should not 92 44.66%
Yes, a Fine 20 9.71%
Yes, a Suspension of Fewer than 3 Games 29 14.08%
Yes, a Suspension of 3 - 5 Games 47 22.82%
Yes, a Suspension of More than 5 Games 18 8.74%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 10:57 PM
bulletwwings

vCash: 500
Anyone who doesn't think this is intentional is sadly mistaken. 3-5 games for sure, otherwise I have lost all respect for Shanahan and this league. They want to clean the game up by tightening up calls and making punishment worse for head shots, but all I really see this season is dirty play that gets missed and phantom calls.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:01 PM
CS85
Tell 'em, Mean Gene!

Send a message via AIM to CS85
I think Hossa should be allowed to kick him in the balls.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:03 PM
featherhawk

I agree suspensions are really not going to change the players mindset unlessa player gets like a 20+ game suspensions...

they should have have hefty fines like suspensions should be a % of players salaries.....

Old
02-19-2013, 11:05 PM
LandofLincoln*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortyfives View Post
Keith got five he will get five.
I don't think so. Keith's was more blatant and did more damage.

I think 3 games would be perfect. If he appeals he may only get two if Hossa does not miss any time.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:06 PM
AbeLincolnsGhost

Send a message via AIM to AbeLincolnsGhost
I saw nothing to suggest he had any intention of making a plan for the puck. Aimed right for the head. Was even reaching with the wrong arm if he actually expected to get a hand on it.

If he is just that ****ing stupid, fine, but he should still get 3-5 games.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

No. But as I've been saying, who cares. It won't help Hossa at all.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Keifer

looks alot worse than it is, hossa is just too fragile to even take a slight bump to the head...i'd be shocked if he got suspended at all, hansen isn't known for dirty plays

Old
02-19-2013, 11:10 PM
LandofLincoln*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
No. But as I've been saying, who cares. It won't help Hossa at all.
You care or you wouldn't be on here.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:16 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
You care or you wouldn't be on here.
I care about Hossa's well-being for his own sake and for his importance to the Hawks.

Hansen being suspended doesn't reverse what happened. It barely matters at all, and I don't think it was intentional anyway. But again. Hardly matters.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:20 PM
LandofLincoln*

I voted that there should be no suspension. Partially, because I am use to 80's - 90's hockey and that would not be close to a suspension.

In today's game it is obviously a head shot. There needs to be grades of head shots.
Grade 1 = 25,000 fine no suspension
Grade 2 = 75,000 Commissioner determines suspension
Grade 3 = 150,000 minimum 20 games

It was a careless shot. I'm not sure it was as malicious as it looked. He wanted to make contact with Hossa. He knew he would either hit him in the head or upper shoulders. I'm not sold that it was a 100% intent to hit him in the head. However, there are penalties for hitting an opposing player in the head. So whatever the commissioner decides I think will be fair.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
Apparently I'm not allowed to say "Hansen is a piece of trash" without getting an infraction. This board is a joke sometimes.
On the main board they were more into deleting posts than infractions tonight. Sometimes......I wonder if they don't infraction just to stop someone before they go overboard on this board. The rules on here....you almost need an attorney to go through that list! And much of it is subjective. But we all agree to them when we check that box.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:25 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Hawks!

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
Vigneault, on if he thinks Hansen will get supplemental discipline for hit on Hossa: "Not a chance." #Blackhawks

Old
02-19-2013, 11:31 PM
LandofLincoln*

More than 5 game suspension... Ok. who voted for that? That would be ridiculous. You would have to prove intent. That hit shows carelessness on Hansen's part. It does not come close to showing malicious intent.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Cullksinikers

They need to institute a rule that the offender should be out as long as the victim.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:34 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keifer View Post
looks alot worse than it is, hossa is just too fragile to even take a slight bump to the head...i'd be shocked if he got suspended at all, hansen isn't known for dirty plays
Neither was Keith, and he got 5.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:35 PM
ChiGuySez
#Team GammaRayBurst

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
More than 5 game suspension... Ok. who voted for that? That would be ridiculous. You would have to prove intent. That hit shows carelessness on Hansen's part. It does not come close to showing malicious intent.
Euros are skilled at disguising intent. Kronwall is a master.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:37 PM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

who cares i just don't like those silly Nucks..

Old
02-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN
Vigneault, on if he thinks Hansen will get supplemental discipline for hit on Hossa: "Not a chance." #Blackhawks
See, this is the real problem here. This isn't a coach trying to put up a public front to lessen the discipline on a player of his. The reality is that Vigneault is a dirty coach. Plain and simple. He has this "if we can't beat you we will hurt you and take you out" mentality and it comes through in his players. This "win at all costs" mentality also shows up in with all the excessive diving and embellishment that team does too. Cheap shots are simply the norm of the Canucks, and it's not just one player. I get that this kid hasn't really done much like this before, but under Vigneault's coaching, this won't be the first time. It won't go away until Vigneault does. We are all stuck with it.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
They need to institute a rule that the offender should be out as long as the victim.
I've conceptually been a believer in this for some time. There are obvious risks with "injury prone" players, but it sure as hell would help remove cheap shots from the game.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:39 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Come on now, Recoil. The Canucks may love to flop around, but they are no dirtier than most teams in the NHL. I think many of us are speaking with our hearts instead of our minds tonight.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:40 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Come on now, Recoil. The Canucks may love to flop around, but they are no dirtier than most teams in the NHL. I think many of us are speaking with our hearts instead of our minds tonight.
I'm not saying they are the ONLY team like this, but where there's smoke, there's fire. There are certainly dirty individual players, but boy has this been a pattern from Vancouver for some time now.

Old
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
See, this is the real problem here. This isn't a coach trying to put up a public front to lessen the discipline on a player of his. The reality is that Vigneault is a dirty coach. Plain and simple. He has this "if we can't beat you we will hurt you and take you out" mentality and it comes through in his players. This "win at all costs" mentality also shows up in with all the excessive diving and embellishment that team does too. Cheap shots are simply the norm of the Canucks, and it's not just one player. I get that this kid hasn't really done much like this before, but under Vigneault's coaching, this won't be the first time. It won't go away until Vigneault does. We are all stuck with it.
Lets not let our distaste for that team and its management staff cloud our judgement, its not as if hawks players are Saints either.... but deep down I understand where you coming from, I have never like AV either.

Old
luongo321

vCash: 50
In general, the only way that may work to smarten up players is to make suspensions also count for playoff games. Now, I understand that some teams don't make the playoffs, but I think it is a good start.

It is a long season. 82 games, normally. If a player intentionally takes out a player and gets maybe 6 or 7 games- big deal. They are still there for the playoffs. How about no matter when your suspension occurs, at least half of the length of the regular season suspension is tacked on to the post season. You get a 6 game suspension in the regular season? Out for 3 playoff games as well. That might help stop morons from being morons.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
timorousme
luongod

vCash: 50
As a Hawks fan, I say no.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:44 PM
Recoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Lets not let our distaste for that team and its management staff cloud our judgement, its not as if hawks players are Saints either.... but deep down I understand where you coming from, I have never like AV either.
Look, I get it. I see what you are trying to say. But ask yourself this: Aside from a random bad hit or two --- one without intent, how many cheap shots in a year would you say the Hawks have had in general? Would you expect this behavior from a team Q coached? Would it be the exception, or the norm?

The ONLY bad incident I can think of in recent history was Keith's shot on Sedin. Yea, it was bad. But he's a guy who has never done anything like that before, or since. He was pushed to a breaking point and he broke. Pushed to a breaking point, I might add, by the very team who seems to make this behavior a bit more commonplace. The wheel turns sometimes, does it not?

Closed Thread