HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Weiss to Chicago

Old
02-22-2013, 01:56 PM
HawksTillDeath

vCash: 500
Weiss to Chicago

To Chicago: Stephen Weiss

To Florida: Dylan Olsen, 2nd pick

OR

To Chicago: Weiss

To Florida: McNeill, 3rd

HawksTillDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I wouldn't have a problem giving up McNeill AND Olsen if we thought we could resign him at a reasonable enough rate. That might mean a future move to LW for Kruger though.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:04 PM
HooliganX2

Seems like Weiss will be in high demand at the deadline and Florida is best just to wait for the best offer they can get out of him. I think they could get more at the deadline if there are enough teams interested.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:06 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
To Chicago: Stephen Weiss

To Florida: Dylan Olsen, 2nd pick

OR

To Chicago: Weiss

To Florida: McNeill, 3rd
I don't think the Hawks have 2nd or 3rd round pick this year as they were used to acquire Oduya. Could be wrong though cuz I haven't checked.

As for what to send Uncle Dale for Weiss - how about all his draft picks that are still considered Hawk prospects (except Pirri) - Beach, Lalonde, Olsen, and Smith. He can have the lot of them for the Hawks to rent Weiss for the rest of this season.

EbonyRaptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:22 PM
DrMom9900

would u guys be using weiss as a 3rd line center?

DrMom9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM
icKx
Subtle interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Seems like Weiss will be in high demand at the deadline and Florida is best just to wait for the best offer they can get out of him. I think they could get more at the deadline if there are enough teams interested.
No sense waiting for a bidding war to erupt at the deadline when Weiss has a NMC and he's ultimately in control of where he goes (if anywhere)

icKx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Huddy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
Meh, Red Wings are reported to be all over Weiss...

Kypreos and Mckenzie have both tweeted that the Wings have been making calls and scouting Stephen Weiss from Florida. Wings scouts have apparently been to 5 panthers game the past month

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by icKx View Post
No sense waiting for a bidding war to erupt at the deadline when Weiss has a NMC and he's ultimately in control of where he goes (if anywhere)
To be honest I could see Weiss approving a good value trade where Florida gets the best value then resigning in Florida in the off season.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Jets
Kevin Beaverdayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
I don't think the Hawks have 2nd or 3rd round pick this year as they were used to acquire Oduya. Could be wrong though cuz I haven't checked.

As for what to send Uncle Dale for Weiss - how about all his draft picks that are still considered Hawk prospects (except Pirri) - Beach, Lalonde, Olsen, and Smith. He can have the lot of them for the Hawks to rent Weiss for the rest of this season.
Yep, Winnipeg has both your 2nd and 3rd round pick this year.

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:34 PM
icKx
Subtle interference

Quote:
To be honest I could see Weiss approving a good value trade where Florida gets the best value then resigning in Florida in the off season.
Anything is possible.

As an upcoming UFA with a NMC he's holding all the cards. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

icKx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 02:49 PM
digdug41982

What would the Wings even give up? They kind of need their top prospects to play for them.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:09 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
What would the Wings even give up? They kind of need their top prospects to play for them.
The Wings might be seriously planning to try to resign Weiss and thus are willing to give up a top prospect to get the better player now. The Wings have nearly $20 mil in cap space for next year.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Dampland

vCash: 0
Quote:
Isn't this the think that Keith Tkachuk did on a couple occasions as his career wound down in St. Louis? Not a bad idea actually.

Get traded as a UFA from your beloved team to a contender for a chance at a Cup.

Then re-sign with your beloved team after they got good assets for you in the trade. Team is better, and you get to stay with the same team. Sign another 1 year contract, and repeat.

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 03:37 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dampland View Post
Isn't this the think that Keith Tkachuk did on a couple occasions as his career wound down in St. Louis? Not a bad idea actually.

Get traded as a UFA from your beloved team to a contender for a chance at a Cup.

Then re-sign with your beloved team after they got good assets for you in the trade. Team is better, and you get to stay with the same team. Sign another 1 year contract, and repeat.
I'm surprised more organizations/teams don't do this, not just in hockey either.

Old
02-22-2013, 03:38 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
The Wings might be seriously planning to try to resign Weiss and thus are willing to give up a top prospect to get the better player now. The Wings have nearly $20 mil in cap space for next year.
Agreed, but if I'm Florida, it isn't happening without Tatar. If I'm the Wings, I probably keep Tatar.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:09 PM
GaryU

I go along with the earlier question..What does Detroit have that's not already playing in Det?

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:09 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Agreed, but if I'm Florida, it isn't happening without Tatar. If I'm the Wings, I probably keep Tatar.
If Florida is looking for a return like Tatar from the Wings then the Weiss isn't coming to Chicago either this year.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:10 PM
DayNah
Ship it donk!

vCash: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMom9900 View Post
would u guys be using weiss as a 3rd line center?
I'd think Bolland would go back to 3rd line C.

DayNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:12 PM
GaryU

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayNah View Post
I'd think Bolland would go back to 3rd line C.
Hawks become a much better team if Bolland is playing that 3rd line, take the Sedins & Jumbo out of their game slot...

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
manifestodestiny

Right now, the ironic thing about the Panthers is that they actually need what Weiss brings instead of what we could acquire for him.

The Panthers have a strong prospect pool that fills nearly every position, so the need now is for quality veteran leadership. Futures are nice; however, the value of future is based on whether or not it can be expected that there will be a spot for them, which is not necessarily true. Perhaps something could be worked based on Hjmarlsson, but, given our defense depth and Chicago's winning streak., it would be difficult to make a trade.

manifestodestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
manifestodestiny

Actually, one other point. Florida probably is watching the dollar amount of salary, so would it be possible for Chicago to assume the salary of either a player going to them (i.e. Clemmenson) or going to us?

manifestodestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:29 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Most Wing fans feel that if we trade for Weiss that the most we would give up is Jurco+2nd for him.

One thing to remember about Weiss is that he is off to the worst start of his career, -10 & only 4 points in 12 games, unless he turns it around before the trade deadline his value will be at an all time low.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 04:33 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukToZetterberg View Post
Most Wing fans feel that if we trade for Weiss that the most we would give up is Jurco+2nd for him.
That would make more sense. I can't see the Wings giving up Tatar for Weiss.

Old
02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
sketch22

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestodestiny View Post
Perhaps something could be worked based on Hjmarlsson, but, given our defense depth and Chicago's winning streak., it would be difficult to make a trade.
The Hawks won't move an important roster player for a rental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manifestodestiny View Post
Actually, one other point. Florida probably is watching the dollar amount of salary, so would it be possible for Chicago to assume the salary of either a player going to them (i.e. Clemmenson) or going to us?
If the Hawks make a trade with Florida it will most likely be for futures (which wouldn't cost much at all in real money). As far as cap dumps go the Hawks might be able to take on an upcoming UFA if the cap hit is low enough, but I doubt it because the Hawks don't really have the extra cap space to burn this year or next.

Old
02-22-2013, 05:35 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
I'm surprised more organizations/teams don't do this, not just in hockey either.
High likelihood of collusion charges being pressed, I would think

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote