HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1 : I ain't even mad

Old
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
He made way more plays than the rest of the team combined! His effort was by far the best!
His effort was there, for sure.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:52 PM
MadMax82*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Try going through the six year stretch that we've gone through and get back to us.
Oh I have been a season ticket holder since 98. But thank you for that. Im assuming your basing things off of my post count?

MadMax82* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:53 PM
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
We could use a offensively gifted version of Harti. Refs kind of screwed us on this.
I can think of one that's slumping and can fight, who plays for a team looking to make a deal according to LeBrun. His name is Clowe.

Honestly the speed is great but god would it be nice to see a couple hits a game. Instead we watch Nuge get laid out a couple minutes before the kings go ahead.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax53 View Post
Oh I have been a season ticket holder since 98. But thank you for that. Im assuming your basing things off of my post count?
Sorry for that - mistook you for a Kings fan. Frustration is blinding, I guess.

Old
oil Leaks
5-14-6-1

Eberle should be benched, I bet that wake him up.

oil Leaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Does anyone actually think the Hall-RNH-Eberle Line has chemistry? 'Cause I'm not seeing it.

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rafters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
We could use a offensively gifted version of Harti. Refs kind of screwed us on this.
At some point Oilers fans have to stop blaming the refs or linesmen for a loss........there is no league wide conspiracy theory to make the Oilers lose......good teams fight through clutch and grab play.....good management provides a team with the proper pieces to compete in any type of game.....time to stop blaming anyone but the players , coaches and management

Rafters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpsman View Post
yeah, no accountability.

Also, just a question here for everyone. Currently if you come off the ice and the player you are not replacing is still on the ice and you touch the puck , its a "too many men" penalty as you are technically not a valid player on the ice.

So if someone "not in the game" touching the puck leads to a blown whistle, do you think that if the linesmen or refs get in the way and change the way the puck is going, should a whistle be blown and faceoff taken?

I know this would lead to a few more stoppages, and could kill some momentum, but it could also prevent stupid game winning goals like tonight.
There is accountability just not to the fans or media. For example look at who gets to ref the playoffs...generally the refs who have the fewest screw ups.

Your idea wouldn't work because of the fact that the law of averages dictates that both teams will have an equal chance of being on the short end with referee interference. This is a neutral party to both teams.

A too many men penalty is there to stop teams from taking advantage of having more players then the other team at any point in the game. This benefits one party and is why it is penalized.

flashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
NewBoysClub97
All-Star

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
This team really sucks. Defense is AHL level making Dubnyk/Khabibulin do everything. On top of that the forwards don't come back nearly enough resulting in tons of odd man chances against. Every damn game they take forever getting the puck out of the defensive one. They are the worst at that. Teams can't score on you when you get the puck out when you have a chance. The cutesy plays, or weak clearing attempts are terrible. 3 more home games and then a 9 game road trip. Team could be too far behind after the next 12 games.
It is like a broken record. I have been yelling this at the TV since Pronger left.

I do not even know what it feels like to have some sort of set break out plays. Just plaster it around the boards and hope for the best lol.

I am no coach. I probably have 1/100th knowledge of an NHL coach.

Why do these guys not practice this? Have 5 guys dump the puck in and rush then D. Get a third guy in deep to break out to. I don;t know. I see other teams throw no look passes out of the corners knowing a teammate is standing there.

It is so frustrating. I also notice that our dmen seem to get beat to the puck a lot on dump ins. Maybe it's just me......They seem so nonchalant back there.

NewBoysClub97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Harti needs to leave the line-up when Jones is back. He's bringing nothing to the table.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:56 PM
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

Theres a simple solution to this.

The New Age Shooting Systems

YAKUGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BFDBFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
.... This benefits one party and is why it is penalized.
I don't think the original poster was saying there should be a penalty -- just that the play should be blown dead.

BFDBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantHaveTkachev
Cant Have McTkachev

vCash: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
At some point Oilers fans have to stop blaming the refs or linesmen for a loss........there is no league wide conspiracy theory to make the Oilers lose......good teams fight through clutch and grab play.....good management provides a team with the proper pieces to compete in any type of game.....time to stop blaming anyone but the players , coaches and management
its the refs fault we can't score 5 on 5!

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatMcKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Harti needs to leave the line-up when Jones is back. He's bringing nothing to the table.
God I can't wait for Ryan Jones. This team misses him so much. I want him and Eager on the same line.

GreatMcKeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDeepika

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Sports are actually about winning. I don't care if we grinded it either. If we won, heck we could win every game 1-0 in a snoozefest and I would be fine with that. Winning is what matters. We need some better players in a lot of different areas. A top pairing defenseman who can play defense would be a start. Also a top 6 forward who has size. It's depressing that this could be 7 years in a row of no playoffs. Inexcusable.
I would be fine with it too, but I am pretty much strictly an Oilers fan now. I follow the Oilers but I don't really give a **** about the rest of the league. I no longer watch NHL games unless they involve the Oilers (or Canucks since I live in B.C and like to see them lose).

McDeepika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Does anyone actually think the Hall-RNH-Eberle Line has chemistry? 'Cause I'm not seeing it.
I never have.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:57 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafters View Post
Agreed!.

The refs that got in the way this game are the same refs that gave Edmonton the 5 on 3 powerplay that the Oilers couldn't convert on.

Old
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
The top 6 is just fine the way it is, eh guys?
Could it be any more obvious that they constantly get exposed by teams like the Kings. You just knew the script going into the game, that the Kings would dictate the pace and that it would be a low scoring snoozefest. Just Gross. I have so little hope for this team because of games like this.
Yes if only they were bigger they could have somehow averted the linesmen from causing the turnover. The Oilers lost on a bad break and the guy who scored our only goal is the player most often suggested we get rid of to fix this supposed problem. I really don't see the point you are making, 2-1 games will happen.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Not true. he's a beast down low. He does need to bring more if he wants to stick though

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
jmoss45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
Theres a simple solution to this.

The New Age Shooting Systems
lol. I'm not in the best mood but still appreciated that.

jmoss45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Starbuds
You like muscles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Well, they sure can do a bang up job cycling. However, this cycle doesn't really have many endgames to them so they often go nowhere.

Starbuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McCupofOil
Bob The Builder

Quote:
Really? He was the only one attempting to get a cycle game going and actually muck it up a bit. He had some beastly shifts in the 3rd especially. If his linemates had any brains and got to the slot when Harti had the puck behind the net, his line could have easily scored a goal. He was the least of the problems tonight. It was the fancy boys in the top 6 who got away from keeping it simple and were afraid to go to the dirty areas (outside of Hall who at least tried) who were at fault for this one.

McCupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:58 PM
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDBFD View Post
I don't think the original poster was saying there should be a penalty -- just that the play should be blown dead.
Oh my bad. I still don't think it should be, you would have players intentionally shooting at refs to get a whistle.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:58 PM
Horseradish

It shocks me to think this, but can we PLEASE get Corey Potter in the lineup for Ryan Whitney? I'd say Peckham, but that would be disastrous with him and Fistric trying to get the puck out of their end.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
MessierII

Quote:
He's looked worse offensively than he had in his two previous call ups. Unfortunately he's one of the only players we have that is actually good along the boards though.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote