Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Look out now, but...

Old
02-20-2013, 01:04 AM
corpfan1

vCash: 500
Look out now, but...

F***ing Habs are 3 points up on us and in 1st in the Conference...

Ya, I know we have 3 games in hand, etc... but they play the lowly Islanders at home tomorrow and we got TB with an infirmary of flu-ridden boys.

Starting to look ugly.

Then again, we won the cup going through them low-lifes!

corpfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:17 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

We had an easy Habs-less path to the Cup last year PC really really blew not adding a decent player or two and just getting scrubs Zanon Rolston and Mottau for bags of pucks (liked Rolston his first go around and Mottau in college but come on) I was hoping we'd win another before we face them in the playoffs again. Last thing you want a year that is 'your year' is a Boston-Montreal matchup. Cup year refs stole game 6 for them and we lose the series if the refs called 1 more dive in game 7. I think this seasons path will be MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than ****ing Washington-Jersey-NYR-LAK would have been. No way we get that easy a path to the Cup. (I could be wrong and we would have seen Philly and not Jersey but they had no goaltending and it would have been like the 11 series.)

Damn you Chiarelli for not going for it last year we basically had a bye to the Conference finals and seeing the playoff choke artist Bumquist for a trip to the Cup Finals against a team that cant score and you ****ed it up making us watch Chris Kelly skate with scrubs Pouliot and Rolston on the third line.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:21 AM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

Damn schedule makers. I ain't worried.

ryedog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:24 AM
bruins04

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post

Ya, I know we have 3 games in hand, etc... but they play the lowly Islanders at home tomorrow and we got TB with an infirmary of flu-ridden boys.

Starting to look ugly.

then they'll have played 11 home games, and us still 5. The habs are a legit team, so are the Bruins. have to go 1 game at a time and worry about 60 minute efforts. Time will separate the two clubs.

that said, this is a season where any 3 game losing streak will look colossal as teams are constantly advancing on you due to all games being within the conference

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:32 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
We had an easy Habs-less path to the Cup last year PC really really blew not adding a decent player or two and just getting scrubs Zanon Rolston and Mottau for bags of pucks (liked Rolston his first go around and Mottau in college but come on) I was hoping we'd win another before we face them in the playoffs again. Last thing you want a year that is 'your year' is a Boston-Montreal matchup. Cup year refs stole game 6 for them and we lose the series if the refs called 1 more dive in game 7. I think this seasons path will be MUCH MUCH MUCH harder than ****ing Washington-Jersey-NYR-LAK would have been. No way we get that easy a path to the Cup. (I could be wrong and we would have seen Philly and not Jersey but they had no goaltending and it would have been like the 11 series.)

Damn you Chiarelli for not going for it last year we basically had a bye to the Conference finals and seeing the playoff choke artist Bumquist for a trip to the Cup Finals against a team that cant score and you ****ed it up making us watch Chris Kelly skate with scrubs Pouliot and Rolston on the third line.
Of the players traded at the deadline last year and the returns they garnered, who would you have liked to see PC go after?

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryedog View Post
Damn schedule makers. I ain't worried.
Well, time will come when we will lose games due to fatigue.

As for the Habs, I said it before the season started ... they'll make the playoffs. They've earned their spot so far.
Yes, they have played most of their games at home, but then again, they are 4-1-1 on the road so far.
Against us they were the much better team and we needed Rask to play perfectly to steal that one. Could easily have trailed by 3 goals after 10 minutes.

But they were also kinda lucky the past 2 games. I mean, they played Carolina without Skinner, Pitkanen and Gleason (and talk about that Ward ...) and the Rags without Nash.

Without Nash ... I guess the Rangers wouldn't have taken a single point against us.

We for sure have to fight for the division this year.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:50 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpfan1 View Post

Starting to look ugly.

I'm not worried about them at all. They are very thin and have no grit. We'll win the division by 6-8 points.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:58 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

Pouliot is looking pretty good in Tampa, don't you think?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:10 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leviathan View Post
Of the players traded at the deadline last year and the returns they garnered, who would you have liked to see PC go after?
Well considering the chumminess of Snow and PC PA Parenteau could have been had. He went to UFA for nothing.

The deadline market was flat last year but the refusal to add the summer following the Cup was a big blunder even though I am OK with Ryder and Kaberle walking.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:11 AM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Pouliot is looking pretty good in Tampa, don't you think?
7 points in the last 4 games, Pouliot is in beast mode this season

westernhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:29 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

They've played a few more games. I give a large heartfelt Meh..

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:52 AM
bruins04

on the bright side, this is our last 3 day break for the whole season... meaning our imaginations can only run so wild before the next game

bruins04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:33 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:33 AM
TCL40

I am glad Pouliot is doing well in Tampa. I never hated him the way some here do.

I am not too worried about being behind the Habs at this point with 3 games in hand-the Habs do have some talent and a goaltender who is a brick wall when he is on, but I think the Bruins are better.

Quote:
But they were also kinda lucky the past 2 games. I mean, they played Carolina without Skinner, Pitkanen and Gleason (and talk about that Ward ...) and the Rags without Nash.
I must have missed something-why was Nash out?

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:43 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I don't know about the injury. He was questionable before the Islanders-game, but he played. Then he got ruled out for the game against the Habs.

The Habs will now play the Islanders and Rangers at home which will be home games #11 and #12 out of 18 games total. After that they'll play 7 out of 8 on the road (the lone home game is against the Pens).
We'll know more about them after that stretch.

Old
02-20-2013, 05:50 AM
Fopppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
No kidding! Heck, they've even got a better Bourque than us! Everybody panic!

Fopppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Good for them and the Leafs its good for the NHL and makes the games more entertaining to play against good teams.

The NHL has set a lot of ratings records the past few years, but I wonder how those would explode if the Leafs made the playoffs.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Good I want to have a battle for the division title. I don't want the team to get complacent

Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I am glad Pouliot is doing well in Tampa. I never hated him the way some here do.

I am not too worried about being behind the Habs at this point with 3 games in hand-the Habs do have some talent and a goaltender who is a brick wall when he is on, but I think the Bruins are better.

They suspect it's a result of a Lucic check. They won't say if it's a concussion or shoulder. Something was mentioned but I forgot what that was.

They said the check was border line legal.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:00 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Habs when healthy are for real...been saying it since day one. Should be a batle down the stretch... Theirrien (sp?) has them playing his system, which is pretty tough to beat nightly...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:02 AM
C77

Winning the division is pretty much meaningless in the current format.

Look at last year the 8th seeded Kings won the Cup and the 8th seeded Senators lost by 1 goal in Game 7 against the 1st Rangers. The 6th seeded Devils team made the Cup finals and the #2 Bruins were beaten by the #7 Capitals.

Now if they have a realignment when it's #1 vs #4 of each division that might be a bit different.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:04 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

I hope this will not happen.
Don't want to face the same teams every year.

Old
02-20-2013, 07:17 AM
RealKrug47*

The Rangers scare me more than Montreal so im not scared of them being 3 pts up. I think by March 3rds game we will be ahead of them. With the loss the Rangers fell to 9th so im ok with it

RealKrug47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:28 AM
flannelman
merde!

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Habs when healthy are for real...been saying it since day one. Should be a batle down the stretch... Theirrien (sp?) has them playing his system, which is pretty tough to beat nightly...
I can't say I felt the same - I had some question marks about them to be honest, but they're playing well right now. I think they're under-utilizing Lars Eller but they've been solid and if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Galchenyuk is better than I thought. Heck, even their back up tender is giving them what they need.

Should be a fun season series this year.

flannelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:29 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
Winning the division is pretty much meaningless in the current format.

Look at last year the 8th seeded Kings won the Cup and the 8th seeded Senators lost by 1 goal in Game 7 against the 1st Rangers. The 6th seeded Devils team made the Cup finals and the #2 Bruins were beaten by the #7 Capitals.

Now if they have a realignment when it's #1 vs #4 of each division that might be a bit different.
Weren't they the first team in history that didn't finish top 10 who won it all?

Thought I heard that somewhere... I've never found another 8 seed who won it all.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote