KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:17 AM
SeriousHabs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I think you meant dive it up.
Time to repost the Ironing is Delicious.

SeriousHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Sevren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
"lately" we got dominated by the Habs and barely won against the Leafs.
The past season don't matter anymore. If the games against the Sabres won't show you I don't know what else might.
We have played 2 games against Toronto and Montreal this year and won both games, what more do you want? Are we supposed to blow them away 8-0 every time we play them? It didn't always look pretty but both games were played right after the 7-4 loss to the Sabres and you could tell confidence with our defense was not very high, especially in the game against Montreal. Bruins played a safe game until Claude got upset and swapped Seguin and Horton to let the guys know he was not happy. Bruins responded and turned the switch ON for 2 minutes and that's all it took to win the game.

As it is I will pick Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa anytime for a playoffs opponent way before I pick Pittsburgh, NYR, or Carolina.

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:59 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post
We have played 2 games against Toronto and Montreal this year and won both games, what more do you want? Are we supposed to blow them away 8-0 every time we play them? It didn't always look pretty but both games were played right after the 7-4 loss to the Sabres and you could tell confidence with our defense was not very high, especially in the game against Montreal. Bruins played a safe game until Claude got upset and swapped Seguin and Horton to let the guys know he was not happy. Bruins responded and turned the switch ON for 2 minutes and that's all it took to win the game.

As it is I will pick Montreal, Toronto or Ottawa anytime for a playoffs opponent way before I pick Pittsburgh, NYR, or Carolina.
Toronto was down 2 top 6 F and Montreal we outplayed for 5 minutes.

Bruins are still better then both of them, by a good margin IMO...Bruins will need to raise the tempo IMO.. start dictating again...

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:41 AM
lopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevren View Post

People forget that the league is very well balanced all around, any team can beat anyone on any given night. Every team has a good goalie, some teams have elite goalies, like the Canadiens. It is very hard to dominate teams anymore, very rare. The best teams are the ones who can win close hard fought games. The b's are built that way. Never will they be a high scoring team, even when they dominate, they win by a goal or 2.

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:52 AM
KCBRUIN
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
Time to repost the Ironing is Delicious.
The ironing is in fact... delicious.

KCBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:01 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Finishing behind the motherbleeping Montreal Canadiens is simply unacceptable for any reason.

Get with it Bruins!!!!

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:34 PM
VanIsle
Bruins in 2015

As Iverson would say "It's all about the playoffs"

Did the Kings care when they finished 8th last year, as I get older the less I get all freaked out about the regular season. They have played 3 more games and more at home, Bruins will be fine.

VanIsle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 12:51 PM
lopey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
As Iverson would say "It's all about the playoffs"

Did the Kings care when they finished 8th last year, as I get older the less I get all freaked out about the regular season. They have played 3 more games and more at home, Bruins will be fine.
Im with you. As long as they are healthy and playing well at the end of the year and going into the playoffs, regular season means nada

lopey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

Contrary to popular belief, Boston-Montreal in the playoffs is NOT the best thing ever.

It's third best.

Bruins winning the Stanley Cup is the second best thing ever.

Bruins having defeated the Canadiens on their way to winning the Stanley Cup is the very best thing ever!

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:08 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Habs when healthy are for real...been saying it since day one. Should be a batle down the stretch... Theirrien (sp?) has them playing his system, which is pretty tough to beat nightly...
A couple of interesting stats about the Habs:

-They have scored the 1st goal 12 times out of 16 games. They are 9-2-1 in these games. 2-2 when the other team scores first. It's a "scoring first" league and as long as they'll keep scoring 1st at this 75% rate, they'll put up points on the board. I would like the Bruins to try this more... Only 5 times out of 13 that we scored 1st... result? 5-0-0. We're still one of the best in the league (top-3 i think behind Chi and Ana) when other teams score first with 4-2-2.

-The Habs have trouble against the division with a 2-4-1 record. They still haven't loss to anyone elso with 9-0-0 against the SE+Atl.

With Karlsson and Spezza out for the season, the Sabres being in the basement and Toronto being a bubble team, the Habs are certainly the 2nd best team in the division right now. We'll see at season end but they should end up somewhere between 4th and 8th in the East if they keep it up.

Jean_Jacket41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Twisted Tales
H.A.M.

vCash: 1004
Still too early. If everyone seems to not care about the face that Boston has plenty of games in hand, then why doesn't anyone talk about Toronto and Ottawa?

Thing is, Boston can win those 3 games, and they can lose them.

Twisted Tales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Killer B
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Bruins are still better then both of them, by a good margin IMO...
The Bruins are doing pretty darn good right now, and I still can't say I've seen them play a great game (full 60 minutes) this year.

Wait til half our guys break out of their scoring slumps!

Last edited by Killer B: 02-20-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Killer B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:51 PM
Dr Quincy

ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I'm not worried about them at all. They are very thin and have no grit. We'll win the division by 6-8 points.
Not worried about them either, but Prust, Moen, Cube (for a little guy), Pacioretty, Bourque, Emelin, Cole, White and Armstrong are all pretty gritty players.

Don't know what makes you think they aren't gritty. Their problem isn't grit it's talent.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey View Post
People forget that the league is very well balanced all around, any team can beat anyone on any given night. Every team has a good goalie, some teams have elite goalies, like the Canadiens. It is very hard to dominate teams anymore, very rare. The best teams are the ones who can win close hard fought games. The b's are built that way. Never will they be a high scoring team, even when they dominate, they win by a goal or 2.

You have nailed it. NHL teams have talent and can win on any given night.

The Bruins play a defense first game that is not designed for run and gun high scoring. That's their system and that's how they will succeed or fail.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:37 PM
howaryuh

Having the B's and habs fight it out near the top is good stuff in my opinion, makes for good entertaining hockey games., one's that heat up the rivalry and keeps fans like me very much engaged.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
Having the B's and habs fight it out near the top is good stuff in my opinion, makes for good entertaining hockey games., one's that heat up the rivalry and keeps fans like me very much engaged.
This. Last season vs. the Habs was pretty boring. I look forward to intense games that mean a lot in the standings. And there's nothing better than Bruins-Habs in the playoffs.

Rubber Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 07:06 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Only part worries me is all them games in March.I smell injuries.Thankgoodness Bruins have coin to add help.
Just looking at the "games played" numbers tells me few teams in the East will have as brutal a March as the Bruins will.

March is going to be tough, and it probably another reason for Chia to look early for a piece to add that will help.

Injuries are going to occur and I would rather see them have strong depth to call up than rely on washed up players or players who aren't NHL ready yet.

I am not too worried about the Habs-before injuries got them Ottawa IMO was the dark horse team in the division, but with no Spezza and no Karlsson I think Ottawa's season likely is only going to get worse.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:42 AM
hocky

I think you meant to say "Don't look now, but..."

hocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
The Bruins are doing pretty darn good right now, and I still can't say I've seen them play a great game (full 60 minutes) this year.

Wait til half our guys break out of their scoring slumps!
Agreed, 1st game of the year against the Rags was this teams best full 60 minute effort.

I see the boys creating chances, just not executing, let`s hope that against a Bolts team that gives teams loads of chances, that changes tonight

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:11 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
Agreed, as fun as it was/is watching the circus in Montreal last year, as a fan of this great rivalry, I`ll always take two teams who are competitive and battling in the standings over a matchup where one team is clearly better than the other but..........doesn`t mean I don`t like Bruin blowouts of the Habs when they struggled either

So great for the game when these two are relevant.

Leafs playing solid hockey too, not sure it`ll last but alot of players on that roster making peanuts and showing they are hungry, that can often = dangerous team

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:17 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

I'm a habs fan and this is the best thread ever.

10/10!

FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:25 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Agreed, as fun as it was/is watching the circus in Montreal last year, as a fan of this great rivalry, I`ll always take two teams who are competitive and battling in the standings over a matchup where one team is clearly better than the other but..........doesn`t mean I don`t like Bruin blowouts of the Habs when they struggled either
I admit I love hating the Habs-that's what's so great about the rivalry, but it was hard to hate them last year when they were just flat out awful.

I would rather have a rivalry where both teams are playing well than one where the other stinks.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:54 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I'm a habs fan and this is the best thread ever.

10/10!
Well, we've all got issues to deal with, but some are worse than others...

LSCII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
MTaylorJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I admit I love hating the Habs-that's what's so great about the rivalry, but it was hard to hate them last year when they were just flat out awful.

I would rather have a rivalry where both teams are playing well than one where the other stinks.
No, I hated them for being awful for 1 year and getting into the top 3 of the draft. That's the proper way to lose right there. Be great or be awful.

MTaylorJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote