HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Meszaros to Vancouver.

Old
02-21-2013, 12:46 AM
biturbo19

vCash: 500
Meszaros to Vancouver.

The Canucks really need a guy who is comfortable playing on the Right side in ~top-4ish minutes. Meszaros seems like he might be a really nice fit with mobility and some puck-moving ability.

What would it take for Philly to part with him? I know the Flyers aren't exactly swimming with depth on the blueline...but would he be available for the right package?

Picks would be on the table, as would reasonable prospects. Ballard could easily be included as well, and while HF will never believe it...he has played quite well this year, among the best of Canucks defenders. Can skate the puck up ice very well...though he doesn't often in the Canucks system. I'd be happy to keep him over Meszaros if he were able to play the Right side...but he can't and we currently have a real logjam of Left-side only guys in AV's system at least. With Edler stuck on the Right side where he looks a bit lost.

Would some sort of package like Ballard+ pick and/or prospect like Kevin Connauton be of interest at all? Adding a bit of depth to the Flyers system on defence. Or is there something else that might work? A package of picks/prospects without Ballard?

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:51 AM
Devonator

I am a Flyer fan and the last thing we need to be doing is trading away any of our defense men......

Devonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:00 AM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Connauton and a 2nd.

Roo Mad Bro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
ZKass The Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
Connauton and a 2nd.
Done.

ZKass The Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Connauton and a 2nd.
Sure. Done.

Now we need to dump a D-man.

Anyone interested in Bieksa, Garrison or Ballard?

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Sure. Done.

We'll take Bieksa on the Isles (as much as I hate him, he's one of those players you'd love on your team)

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:29 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Sure. Done.

already turning on Garrison?

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:31 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Sure. Done.

Lol Bieksa and Garrison are both better then meszaros. Both of them also have NTC, so there is no chance of that. No thanks, Canucks have one of the top scoring defence corps in the league.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
Ya some of the band wagoners who don't know much. He is leading Canucks defence in +\- he is a good player.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:34 AM
Bgav
We Stylin'

vCash: 1752
Quote:
Sure. Done.

haha bieksa and garrison wont be traded.

Bgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:35 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Connauton and a 2nd.
Deal.

Quote:
Sure. Done.

But we wouldn't be ditching Bieksa or Garrison. Those guys are staying...especially with NTCs.

But Ballard would very much be on the outs.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:38 AM
RespectYourEdlers

Come on Canucks fans....Garrison and Bieksa won't be going anywhere

RespectYourEdlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:14 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sure. Done.

their agents, ntcs

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 02:19 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
We'll take Bieksa on the Isles (as much as I hate him, he's one of those players you'd love on your team)
I would look at moving Bieksa if the deal is enticing.

That's just my preference and I am sure most Nucks fans won't agree. But he isn't the player most think he is. Sometimes he is just great, but other times he is by far our worst D-man. Consistency is a big issue for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
No, I am one of the bigger Garrison supporters honestly, I think he will turn it around.

But one guy has to go, and Edler and Hammer aren't going, so those are the only 3 that are a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Lol Bieksa and Garrison are both better then meszaros. Both of them also have NTC, so there is no chance of that. No thanks, Canucks have one of the top scoring defence corps in the league.
Perhaps.

Then I guess this entire thread was just a waste of time then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Ya some of the band wagoners who don't know much. He is leading Canucks defence in +\- he is a good player.
Lol yeah I'm a bandwagoner.

I give him more credit than most in our fanbase do. And as I said I am a believe that he will get adjusted and be a solid addition. But like I said, Hammer and Edler aren't going anywhere. So that leaves three guys to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgav View Post
haha bieksa and garrison wont be traded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
But we wouldn't be ditching Bieksa or Garrison. Those guys are staying...especially with NTCs.

But Ballard would very much be on the outs.
Except for the part where Ballard has been playing better than both. And he has been playing better than Bieksa since last season.

Everyone is all in love with Bieksa because of his personality (And I love it too believe me) But he is someone I would look at.

He is far more inconsistent, he would fetch a greater return. If Ballard continues this play it is something I would look at if an enticing deal came along.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:22 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
their agents, ntcs
Does Garrison really have a NTC aswell or just Juice?

In that case I guess Ballard has to go, but I'm not so eager to make that the definitive choice like some are.

If he continues this play I would want him to stay.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:38 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
I would look at moving Bieksa if the deal is enticing.

That's just my preference and I am sure most Nucks fans won't agree. But he isn't the player most think he is. Sometimes he is just great, but other times he is by far our worst D-man. Consistency is a big issue for him.
Consistency is a big issue for Bieksa...but one factor which has seemed to really help him in that regard, is consistently playing with Hamhuis. The two of them have great chemistry and it turns Bieksa from 'Kasual Kev' to a legitimate shutdown pairing guy with an edge. He's not moving.

Quote:
Except for the part where Ballard has been playing better than both. And he has been playing better than Bieksa since last season.
I'm as impressed as anyone with the way Ballard has plaed this year and since late last year...but honestly...that just isn't true. He's a much more valuable piece than a lot of HF will admit, but Bieksa is a guy who fits on the Canucks shutdown pairing...Ballard is a guy who has played well in fringe top-4 minutes. But could be more in a different system.

Quote:
Everyone is all in love with Bieksa because of his personality (And I love it too believe me) But he is someone I would look at.

He is far more inconsistent, he would fetch a greater return. If Ballard continues this play it is something I would look at if an enticing deal came along.
Again, the consistency is tied to playing with Hamhuis. And i said it the day Bieksa signed his new deal. The two of them are only really worth their contracts when they play together.

Quote:
Does Garrison really have a NTC aswell or just Juice?

In that case I guess Ballard has to go, but I'm not so eager to make that the definitive choice like some are.

If he continues this play I would want him to stay.
Yes. Garrison, Bieksa and Hamhuis all have NTCs. Edler won't be moved. And Tanev is too cheap to really move.

That basically leaves Ballard as the odd man out...unfortunately. Just as he's starting to play really well. It just doesn't fit unfortunately.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:41 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Problem is our top 4 d-men are playing horrific. Once the Canucks d get sorted out all these trade shenanigans will stop.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:41 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Problem is our top 4 d-men are playing horrific. Once the Canucks d get sorted out all these trade shenanigans will stop.
cause or reaction though.

Are our top-4 playing horrific just because? or are they playing horrific because they're all scrambled and mismatched?

I'd tend to wager it's the latter. Bieksa and Hamhuis need to be reunited. But Edler and Garrison don't work together. There's an issue there...

Old
02-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Consistency is a big issue for Bieksa...but one factor which has seemed to really help him in that regard, is consistently playing with Hamhuis. The two of them have great chemistry and it turns Bieksa from 'Kasual Kev' to a legitimate shutdown pairing guy with an edge. He's not moving.

I'm as impressed as anyone with the way Ballard has plaed this year and since late last year...but honestly...that just isn't true. He's a much more valuable piece than a lot of HF will admit, but Bieksa is a guy who fits on the Canucks shutdown pairing...Ballard is a guy who has played well in fringe top-4 minutes. But could be more in a different system.

Again, the consistency is tied to playing with Hamhuis. And i said it the day Bieksa signed his new deal. The two of them are only really worth their contracts when they play together.

Yes. Garrison, Bieksa and Hamhuis all have NTCs. Edler won't be moved. And Tanev is too cheap to really move.

That basically leaves Ballard as the odd man out...unfortunately. Just as he's starting to play really well. It just doesn't fit unfortunately.
Last time I checked Ballards quality of competition was pretty low.

Its not like hes been playing awesome and playing big minutes and playing against top competition.

Ballards playing much better but people really need to quit over exaggerating his "awesomeness".

Lonny Bohonos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:32 AM
crt

I take it Garrison is Ballard 2.0.

crt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 06:00 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crt View Post
I take it Garrison is Ballard 2.0.
This miserable thing known as the Canucks fanbase identifies a defensmen or two every year to crucify(Bieksa first, then Ballard, now....). It is still a little early, so there has been some dissension whether it is Garrison, Edler, or Bieksa that is holding the team back from being undefeated and leading the league in all statistical categories. We'll get back to you in another 15 games on who this year's scapegoat is.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote