Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Top 10

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2005, 06:40 AM
kremlin

vCash: 500
Top 10

Rank the top 10 players in the OHL this season, now that the regular season is over!

Old
03-22-2005, 12:45 PM
DLMDLM

My top ten:

with little thought:

Perry - won everthing and was great in any situation
Carter - Only reason ssm won their division
O'Sullivan - Great all around player would have had more points if he played more
Richardson - After a yr off he has been the back bone of the 2nd best team
Syvret - Led by example all year nether thought he could be this good
Benoit - Won the defence scoring title on a weaker team then Syvret but not as good all around imho
Hunter - Got a lot of points because of Perry but Perry didn't ever have to go in the corner to dig out a puck either.
Stewart - Great player on a poor team.
Richards - would have been higher if he played all year
Ryan - will be unbelievable next year when he rounds out his game

honerable mentions:
Fritche - not enough games
Schremp - Defence has been better but still not top 10
Bolland - does everything great but must wait till next year.

any many more.
Sorry for being a bit bios .... go knights

Old
03-22-2005, 04:51 PM
stugotz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLMDLM
with little thought:

Perry - won everthing and was great in any situation
Carter - Only reason ssm won their division
O'Sullivan - Great all around player would have had more points if he played more
Richardson - After a yr off he has been the back bone of the 2nd best team
Syvret - Led by example all year nether thought he could be this good
Benoit - Won the defence scoring title on a weaker team then Syvret but not as good all around imho
Hunter - Got a lot of points because of Perry but Perry didn't ever have to go in the corner to dig out a puck either.
Stewart - Great player on a poor team.
Richards - would have been higher if he played all year
Ryan - will be unbelievable next year when he rounds out his game

honerable mentions:
Fritche - not enough games
Schremp - Defence has been better but still not top 10
Bolland - does everything great but must wait till next year.

any many more.
Sorry for being a bit bios .... go knights
I'd throw an honorable mention in there for John Mitchell, he has been amazing for Plymouth this year

Old
03-22-2005, 09:51 PM
ktownhockey

Stewart shouldn't be there with his play and lack of effort this year with the Fronts.

Old
03-22-2005, 09:56 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhockey
Stewart shouldn't be there with his play and lack of effort this year with the Fronts.
I agree completely. I wouldn't have Benoit on my list either.

Other then those two, I'd include someone like Trevor Hendrix, Rob Hisey, Geoff Platt or Kyle Quincey.

Old
03-22-2005, 09:57 PM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktownhockey
A little bitter are you?

Anyway, I can't blame you, not the best effort out of the guy this year.

I'll add Adam Dennis and Geoff Platt to the list of those deserving consideration.

Old
03-22-2005, 10:23 PM
CharlieGirl

Not a bad list so far.... but there is no way in hell Dylan Hunter makes a top 10 list for the OHL. He's had a good year, and he might be top 25.

Good call on Platt and Hisey - they both make things happen every time they're on the ice.

Old
03-22-2005, 11:18 PM
ktownhockey

Platt, Hisey, Little, Quincey

Old
03-23-2005, 07:18 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Not a bad list so far.... but there is no way in hell Dylan Hunter makes a top 10 list for the OHL. He's had a good year, and he might be top 25.

Good call on Platt and Hisey - they both make things happen every time they're on the ice.
Give Hunter a little credit here, he's the second leading point getter in the OHL, and it's not just from playing with Perry. He has talent for sure. Arguably not top 10, but certainly top 25 in the OHL.

Tom

Old
03-23-2005, 07:39 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasincanada
Give Hunter a little credit here, he's the second leading point getter in the OHL, and it's not just from playing with Perry. He has talent for sure. Arguably not top 10, but certainly top 25 in the OHL.

Tom
Do you think if you placed him on an average team instead of a powerhouse, and paired him with average linemates, he'd have anywhere near the points he has? I suspect he wouldn't be anywhere near the second leading scorer. As we've both said, not top 10 material. Considering his stats this year, top 25 is not out of line.

Old
03-23-2005, 08:45 AM
thomasincanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl49
Do you think if you placed him on an average team instead of a powerhouse, and paired him with average linemates, he'd have anywhere near the points he has? I suspect he wouldn't be anywhere near the second leading scorer. As we've both said, not top 10 material. Considering his stats this year, top 25 is not out of line.
You could argue that they *are* a powerhouse team b/c of Hunter (and a few others, obviously). He's been an anchor on the team this whole year. He'd probably not get the same number of points on a weaker team, but you could also say Perry wouldn't get the same number of points without Hunter and that's also true. They complement each other well and neither would do as well on their own.

Anyhoo, we'll leave him on the honourable mentions list and call it a day.

Old
04-08-2005, 07:53 AM
knittingonskates

Send a message via AIM to knittingonskates Send a message via MSN to knittingonskates Send a message via Yahoo to knittingonskates
Quote:
Originally Posted by stugotz
I'd throw an honorable mention in there for John Mitchell, he has been amazing for Plymouth this year
Top scorer for the team a second year in a row Mitchell seems to constantly be overlooked by both the OHL and CHL.

Maybe not top 10 but definatley just outside it... the kid (who yeah is older than me *Snickers*) doesn't get enough credit for what he does on that team. *mutters quietly* cause his coach's an idiot. So not a vellucci fan.

Good luck to him in ST Johns and TO.

Sasky

Old
04-08-2005, 09:41 AM
MePutPuckInNet

I agree about Anthony Stewart...doesn't deserve any honorable anything, IMO. Other than that, the list seems fair. Although I'd have to add Ryan Oulahen of the Brampton Battalion - a very underrated, overlooked all around good player and good guy.

Also, I'm a Mississauga Icedogs fan - this, by rule, means that I am diametrically opposed to ALL things London Knights. However, I have to say, regarding Dylan Hunter - he has shown a real offensive flair this season, and it's not all due to the powerhouse of a team he's playing on. [although that has likely boosted his numbers beyond where they would have been] - anyway, my point is....although I wouldn't put him on the top ten list, I think he'd be a top 25'er - and that's a serious improvement from how I USED to think of him...

Closed Thread