HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Old
02-21-2013, 01:06 AM
henchman24
If and if...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Stastny? I feelt like he had one of his ghost games. Had a chance in OT but that's it.
Stastny was pretty good defensively... he can't help that Jones and Palushaj were terrible for most of the game. As soon as Olver was on the line it woke up offensively.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Game Over :

Joe Sacco -

Ken Hitchcock -
(This one goes out to Rock & Bubba)

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
Stastny? I feelt like he had one of his ghost games. Had a chance in OT but that's it.
I agree, I usually am a Staz defender but thoght he was GIA all game

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
He was really good defensively and created a couple of scoring chances as well.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
you realize it's not all about scoring right? He was good in all 3 zones, good on face offs. He played well.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:08 AM
SuperJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I thought both Barrie and Elliott held their own today. I thought all of the defense played decently.

It's not like Blues had all these awesome chances. Both teams had a few solid chances but it was a very uneventful game. Lots of cycling. Blues are a deeper team and is heavier on the forecheck and works harder on the backcheck. That's why they can dominate Avs during stretches, since we don't have the puck skill to counter attack.
Barrie played well, was confident with the puck, on the other hand Stef was a turnover machine, iced the puck often and wasn't connecting on his pass. He did look good on the lonely PP

SuperJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:08 AM
henchman24
If and if...

People just like to rip Stastny for no reason sometimes. There are plenty of games he deserves it, save the hate for then.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

And Hunwick leads the team for time on ice again. Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Obviously we aren't looking great as a team as a whole, but I hope we keep stringing together wins.

I have tickets to the Avs game in Minnesota in March, and I would love for that game to actually mean something at that time. I was starting to get worried, but somehow we are finding ways to win games (Varly and Duchene). I just hope we keep 'er goin!

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:10 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Avs were terrible first two periods, but were the better team in the 3rd period.

Screw tanking, I want this team to make the playoffs. I hope O'Reilly gets traded soon for a young player that can help this team immediately. A top 4 defenseman, along with the return of EJ, Lando, and eventually Wilson would really help this team.

Palushaj just isn't a good player.

Hopefully the Jones goal gets him going. I knew as soon as he cut to the middle he would score. He has a nasty shot but rarely gets it off.

Elliott had a better game but still is bad defensively.

Not much else to say about Varly other than he was awesome and kept the team in it.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Freudian
Deja vu again?

vCash: 50
Stastny was ok, but not great.

But if you ever watch a re-run of an Avs game, focus on Jones and whatever scrub line mate he has and see what kind of passing options they give him. They're like drunk ants, randomly choosing paths.

I think Stastny has to be better, but let's not pretend we're giving him a lot to work with here.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:11 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
you realize it's not all about scoring right? He was good in all 3 zones, good on face offs. He played well.
Yes of course. But a guy like Stastny has to be pretty awesome defensively if it's going to be alright for him to create just about nothing in the offensive zone. But... That was just my opinion.

RobinDIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Roenick: "I think they enjoy playing for Joe Sacco, he's a real good coach..."

Other Guy: "I agree, they look like they're having fun"

Quote:
@andystrickland
Not sure I agree with JR who says #Avs players like playing for Joe Sacco
Strickland seems to be pretty close with EJ.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Elever
Hth

To anyone who's pro-tank, nothing wrong with beating STL and PO'ing their fans in the mean time.

Also this frame of the hit...I think that's right under the chin not on it. Even if it does touch the skin a bit, I don't think you can refer to it as head contact. I don't really give a **** though, suspend him if you want or don't want. That's the beauty of a less significant player on a bad team injuring someone good on the other team:

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Appleanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Definitely true.
"Look at what the Avs are doing here, Mike.. they are passing the puck.. it's incredible!"

*Cue highlights of mediocre pass*

Appleanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:14 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Avs were terrible first two periods, but were the better team in the 3rd period.

Screw tanking, I want this team to make the playoffs. I hope O'Reilly gets traded soon for a young player that can help this team immediately. A top 4 defenseman, along with the return of EJ, Lando, and eventually Wilson would really help this team.

Hopefully the Jones goal gets him going. I knew as soon as he cut to the middle he would score. He has a nasty shot but rarely gets it off.

Not much else to say about Varly other than he was awesome and kept the team in it.
How can that be? True he was awful today, but he has been pretty solid in the rest of his games. I think he is kind of dumb defensively, but has good offensive instincts.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Appleanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
To anyone who's pro-tank, nothing wrong with beating STL and PO'ing their fans in the mean time.

Also this frame of the hit...I think that's right under the chin not on it. Even if it does touch the skin a bit, I don't think you can refer to it as head contact. I don't really give a **** though, suspend him if you want or don't want. That's the beauty of a less significant player on a bad team injuring someone good on the other team:
It's remarkably similar to the Landeskog hit sadly. His head was down, he turned into it, and he was already in a ****** position and sort of being lower than usual.. just a bad spot.

Appleanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:16 AM
Mant*

Quote:
Stastny set up almost all of the scoring chances in regulation, there weren't many.. but most of our chances to score came when either he was on the ice, or McLeod and Olver were on the ice late in the game. Duchene's line was the invisible one this time.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:17 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Well this was like most our wins this year, undeserving but it's better than losing.

Nice to see Varlamov get a shut out, should help his stats, as they have taken a beating since EJ left(coincidence?) Mind you it's not because Varly has been poor.

Barrie wasn't that great but still the avs best defender out there. He got beat pretty hard when he bit on the Steen fake. His partner was worse tho when Perron undressed him hard.

lolelliott was again the worst defender. Soft on the puck, soft in the D zone, his point shots were nice tho.

Stastny's line mediocre but once olvy was promoted he gave them some pop. I say stick him there for the mean time and send the Pajalyshayasdja fella back where he came from he isn't an nhl player.

Duchene had one of his quietest games of the year, still had a couple of chances but other than that a no show much like the rest of the "offense"

Sucks to see Hejduk go down, anyone what it is? I really hope I get to see him score a goal this year. As I doubt he'll be back next year.

Best part was Stewart and Shatty combining for the GWG.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:18 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
How can that be? True he was awful today, but he has been pretty solid in the rest of his games. I think he is kind of dumb defensively, but has good offensive instincts.
Palushaj strikes me as a player that could look like a decent top 6 player on an absolutely terrible team, but the type that if you want your team to be any good he is in the minors. Kind of like Reinprecht post Avs days.

Old
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post

I've been saying all along that the Avs aren't as bad as we have been making them out to be. We do have a ton of injuries, which is killing us from gaining any true momentum, but we do play hard on most nights. And I think a couple teams have taken us a bit lightly lately due to this.

If the Avs can continue to play .500 hockey until Landeskog, Johnson and Wilson all get back and we don't suffer any more injuries I can see us being a borderline playoff team. Especially if we trade O'Reilly in there somewhere and get some decent pieces to add to the lineup.

Varly is a very good goalie and can makeup for some short comings on defense. Obviously the defense needs to improve but getting Johnson and Wilson back would give us 2 solid pairings of Johnson-Wilson and Hejda-Barrie.

I just don't see any way that the Avs end up with a top 5 pick like so many in here think and are hoping for this year. Varly and Duchene won't lt it happen both have been in beast mode and seem willing to strap the team on their back.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Avsboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Sucks to see Hejduk go down, anyone what it is? I really hope I get to see him score a goal this year. As I doubt he'll be back next year.
Torso

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
They said torso? Hopefully he is back for Saturday!

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Foppa2118

Uhh, I think the scorekeeper was wrong at the Pepsi center tonight.

Apparently Palushaj played 11:59 tonight?

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 AM
PeterTheGreat

Silver lining to the Duke being out is Sgarbossa should get to play.

We need Lando back for Stastny.

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote