HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avs vs blues 8PM MST Wednesday, February 20

Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 AM
Avsboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post

I just don't see any way that the Avs end up with a top 5 pick like so many in here think and are hoping for this year. Varly and Duchene won't lt it happen both have been in beast mode and seem willing to strap the team on their back.
If we keep playing the way we did this game, I see a possibility, sure.

The only serviceable d-men right now are Barrie and Hejda. And even they don't make effective, up-ice, tape-to-tape passes. The d corps does not hold the blue line. The d corps barely helps out on offense.

The Duchene line is powered solely by Duchene. McGinn is basically a scrappy guy who feeds off of Duchene and PAP is OK but really more of a second line winger. The Stastny line can rarely break into the opposition zone.

EJ should help on D. The return for RoR would help too, hopefully its someone like MDZ (a solid top 4 nhl defender). But the offense is looking pretty thin now and I honestly don't know if Landy has it in him to beast it like Duchene and carry his line.

Avsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 AM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:
If the Avs can continue to play .500 hockey...
don't you fret, we have just the coach for that

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:24 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Palushaj strikes me as a player that could look like a decent top 6 player on an absolutely terrible team, but the type that if you want your team to be any good he is in the minors. Kind of like Reinprecht post Avs days.
I agree with you, on our current team I think he has been really decent, but if I was a playoff or cup contender I would not want him anywhere close to the top 6.

S E P H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:25 AM
IceRat
#BallsOnTheTable

Quote:

Varly is a very good goalie and can makeup for some short comings on defense.
yes, it's Craig Anderson year 1 (with us) all over again

IceRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsboy View Post
But the offense is looking pretty thin now and I honestly don't know if Landy has it in him to beast it like Duchene and carry his line.
Landeskog will probably play with Stastny so he won't have to carry a line on his own. Also, how many times have we seen Landeskog go into beast mode? He might not be as flashy as Duchene but he can take over a game with his play in all three zones.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
jfisher6
#thestructure

vCash: 50
To the people saying Dutch and Varly are the only players who show up:

Parenteau has showed up! He OOZES puck skill and he backchecks. He leads our team in scoring too!

McGinn works his ass off every shift. It's easy to see. He doesn't have tremendous puck skills but he hits and he goes to the front of the net.

Just a prediction but I see McGinn and Parenteau being here for a while

jfisher6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Avs71

I thought McLeod had a good game. This season especially I've felt really happy that the Avs still have him.

I also love having Bordeleau on the team. For those of you who couldn't catch the game, he was yelling that if any of the Blues players go after Olver, he will go after them and their star players. He got Stewart all riled up with it. Stewart is a great fighter and would have easily held his own, but it still would have been a great trade off. This game could have looked much different if it were not for a guy like Bordeleau. He keeps everyone in their weight class.

Avs didn't look like they belonged for the most part, except the third, when clearly the Blues schedule caught up with them. That said if they can keep their head above water for another week or two, this season may not be a writeoff. To think if they didn't blow the lead against the Oilers they would actually be in the top 8 right now.

Avs71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:31 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I thought McLeod had a good game. This season especially I've felt really happy that the Avs still have him.

I also love having Bordeleau on the team. For those of you who couldn't catch the game, he was yelling that if any of the Blues players go after Olver, he will go after them and their star players. He got Stewart all riled up with it. Stewart is a great fighter and would have easily held his own, but it still would have been a great trade off. This game could have looked much different if it were not for a guy like Bordeleau. He keeps everyone in their weight class.

Avs didn't look like they belonged for the most part, except the third, when clearly the Blues schedule caught up with them. That said if they can keep their head above water for another week or two, this season may not be a writeoff. To think if they didn't blow the lead against the Oilers they would actually be in the top 8 right now.
Me too! Great grinder now. Last season I didn't mind him being scratched.

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:31 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:

A game like tonight is the reason Bordy is here. His presence alone kept things from getting out of control.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:37 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:

McLeod has had a good game in practically every game this year. He's been awesome. Lots of energy, and I feel like he's got to be neck and neck with everyone else as far as scoring chances generated from him driving the net. He just doesn't have the finish to cash in regularly.

Definitely his best year since his 15 goal season in 08-09, and this is after his multi year contract which is very admirable.

Agreed on Bordy too. He's been a great addition. This team finally has a heavyweight who can play, and fight well. He's a great fighter, and is really good at controlling the puck, and even backchecking and defending for an enforcer. I hope he sticks around for a long time. He has pretty good speed for a big tough guy too, and throws some good hits, which you don't usually see from heavyweights because they can't skate well enough.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:39 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Was watching the highlights, did Backes cross check Parenteau in the face on his chance in OT?

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:39 AM
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!

vCash: 6671
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRat View Post
yes, it's Craig Anderson year 1 (with us) all over again
so we'll make the playoffs?

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:40 AM
Avs71

Pretty frustrating being told Stuart's hit on Landy was a 100 percent clean, and then being told that Olver is a dirty player who would have hit him from behind if he didn't deliver a late, deliberate head shot.

Just to add on Bordeleau, he has something like 12 stitches in his right hand right now. When asked if he could still fight he just held up his left hand and said something like "[I still have this one]." Love this guy.

Old
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Was watching the highlights, did Backes cross check Parenteau in the face on his chance in OT?
Looked that way to me, but PAP may have embellished a bit. The refs weren't going to call anything after the Tarasenko hit.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
I saw that live and I thought he did.

Funny seeing Blues fans cry about the clean hit, reminded me of some of you guys when Landy went down.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:41 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Landeskog will probably play with Stastny so he won't have to carry a line on his own. Also, how many times have we seen Landeskog go into beast mode? He might not be as flashy as Duchene but he can take over a game with his play in all three zones.
Yea I don't think you break up McGinn - Dutch - PAP at this point. McGinn has looked very comfortable on that line, and something needs to get Staz and Jones going consistently. Landy is the ultimate chemsitry builder. He works his ass off, and makes everyone on his line better for it.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Yea I don't think you break up McGinn - Dutch - PAP at this point. McGinn has looked very comfortable on that line, and something needs to get Staz and Jones going consistently. Landy is the ultimate chemsitry builder. He works his ass off, and makes everyone on his line better for it.
Can't wait to have him back

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:47 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
71****70

Quote:
I agree plus we stop hearing about Stastny's weak linemates. We probably will still hear about tho.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Avs71

I love how this roster wins games. Fans of other teams find it the biggest slap in the face.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Ken Hitchcock -
(This one goes out to Rock & Bubba)
Haha yes!!! I totally forgot about that dude. That was from like 20 years ago wasn't it?

Old
02-21-2013, 01:49 AM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
I love how this roster wins games. Fans of other teams find it the biggest slap in the face.
As they should haha I don't know how we are winning games...

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:50 AM
CBCnutcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleanche View Post
God finally that games over, that's why I hate the NBC deal... in 2013 where you can stream a game from your phone they have absolutely no backup plan for a game that almost always goes over?

Hell back when the NHL was on ESPN they'd put the other game on ESPN2 if the other one went over, today they'd have it on their watch ESPN app..

NBC is just busche league when it comes to this stuff...
Totallly agree. It really is bush when the NHL and NBC show about their contract and how many divisions and sister channels NBC Sports has. And what happens, there is no back up whatsoever even for the Denver and St. Louis markets. NBC Sports has a 15.6% stake in the NHL Network and the game wasn't even on that channel while the exciting Penn state rival game took longer to finish. Wake up NBC.

CBCnutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:50 AM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Haha yes!!! I totally forgot about that dude. That was from like 20 years ago wasn't it?
He came back in 2010 for a bit.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:52 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
He came back in 2010 for a bit.
Haha really? Same dude? I feel old.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCnutcase View Post
Totallly agree. It really is bush when the NHL and NBC show about their contract and how many divisions and sister channels NBC Sports has. And what happens, there is no back up whatsoever even for the Denver and St. Louis markets. NBC Sports has a 15.6% stake in the NHL Network and the game wasn't even on that channel while the exciting Penn state rival game took longer to finish. Wake up NBC.
TBS does the same thing with the MLB. If the 2 games start to overlap, the start broadcasting the second game on TNT. Wish NBS would take a hint....

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote