HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What happen if Galchenyuk - Eller - Prust is a success?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-20-2013, 01:47 PM
  #26
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
I Prust

that is all

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:04 PM
  #27
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
I'd pay Emelin to hipcheck Cole and injure him so we don't have to think about that.
Your sense of humus is bizarre.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
  #28
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
The veterans take longer to get going while the younger players are not going to be consistent all year. For everyone ready annoint Bourque a brand new player they happen to forget that he has been inconsistent his entire career.

If Cole and Gionta are still slow to perform come April they are as good as gone. I just don't see that happening. The lineup will change again and you're more likely to see Cole and Gionta be the scorers while two other players cool right now and become the new scapegoats.

We're only at the one third mark.
Cole anmd Gionta were at home - skating with buddies- the whole lockout while Eller and the two Gallys played competitive hockey somewhere.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 02:49 PM
  #29
Habtchum*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I Prust

that is all
I prefer his girlfriend.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
  #30
Vanek20
Drive for 25
 
Vanek20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Your sense of humus is bizarre.
How did you know that I love hummus?

Vanek20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:33 PM
  #31
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
I'd pay Emelin to hipcheck Cole and injure him so we don't have to think about that.
Sort of like this

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
  #32
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
I prefer his girlfriend.
not to play on the Habs I don't

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM
  #33
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,545
vCash: 500
bq plek gio
eller chuck gally
pax dd cole
moen white prust

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:24 PM
  #34
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
bq plek gio
eller chuck gally
pax dd cole
moen white prust
Three youngsters on the same line? I don't think it's gonna happen.

Prust will play with AGally. Either Eller or BGally will be on the 4th line.

I like:

Eller AGally Prust
Moen White BGally

What will probably happen:

BGally AGally Prust
Moen Eller Armstrong

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:39 PM
  #35
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Three youngsters on the same line? I don't think it's gonna happen.

Prust will play with AGally. Either Eller or BGally will be on the 4th line.

I like:

Eller AGally Prust
Moen White BGally

What will probably happen:

BGally AGally Prust
Moen Eller Armstrong
Armstrong is the weakest we have. He should sit as White plays better and can be used at wing or center.

Starting to think we should try Eller at center as some posters say.
Max Eller DDH
Bourque Pleks Gionta
BGally AGally Prust
Moen White Cole until he wakes up, then we have problems as Eller, bGally are playing well enough to deserve top line minutes.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:41 PM
  #36
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
Three youngsters on the same line? I don't think it's gonna happen.

Prust will play with AGally. Either Eller or BGally will be on the 4th line.

I like:

Eller AGally Prust
Moen White BGally

What will probably happen:

BGally AGally Prust
Moen Eller Armstrong
Gallagher on the 4th? No thanks jeff. The guy is have been no doubt one of our best top 4 offensive player this season.

I would put Cole, Gionta, Eller, Desharnais or Prust before putting him on the 4th line.

But I think you got it right, Eller is gonna go down on the 4th line, unfortunately.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
  #37
Poulet Kostopoulos
Registered User
 
Poulet Kostopoulos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Gallagher on the 4th? No thanks jeff. The guy is have been no doubt one of our best top 4 offensive player this season.

I would put Cole, Gionta, Eller, Desharnais or Prust before putting him on the 4th line.

But I think you got it right, Eller is gonna go down on the 4th line, unfortunately.
Well, BGally will return from a concussion. Obviously, he won't stay on the 4th line for too long. Eller would be back there as soon as the Eller-AGally-Prust line no longer produces fireworks.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:45 PM
  #38
Habaddict
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
How did you know that I love hummus?
He meant humus.I think it's a dirty type of humor used by gardeners.

Habaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:46 PM
  #39
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 50
Prust has been a huge boost to this team and can slot in on any line. He has brought more to this team for the money than most of our signings and people *****ed about that FA signing. we need to dump the smurfs for more big solig players like Prust. My nickname for Cole this season is FLOATCOLEV. He is reminding me of Kovy with less sill.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 04:56 PM
  #40
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg
 
Souffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Le Creuset
Country: France
Posts: 3,484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Prust has been a huge boost to this team and can slot in on any line. He has brought more to this team for the money than most of our signings and people *****ed about that FA signing. we need to dump the smurfs for more big solig players like Prust. My nickname for Cole this season is FLOATCOLEV. He is reminding me of Kovy with less sill.
Ah, memories of Kovaloaf and Slowvalev. But I don't think Cole's been that bad. He just hasn't been that good. He seems to be a player that needs good chemistry to succeed. If it's not there, then he just doesn't have it to be the go-to guy that makes others around him better.

So, actually, he is kind of similar to Kovalev. I never really saw him as a lazy player. He was frustrating as anything when he was playing poorly, but usually it wasn't for a lack of effort. It was more often due to futile effort, as in trying really hard to complete a play that had no chance of success or very little promise of team advantage even if he managed to succeed.

Anyway, interesting comparison.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:02 PM
  #41
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souffle View Post
Ah, memories of Kovaloaf and Slowvalev. But I don't think Cole's been that bad. He just hasn't been that good. He seems to be a player that needs good chemistry to succeed. If it's not there, then he just doesn't have it to be the go-to guy that makes others around him better.

So, actually, he is kind of similar to Kovalev. I never really saw him as a lazy player. He was frustrating as anything when he was playing poorly, but usually it wasn't for a lack of effort. It was more often due to futile effort, as in trying really hard to complete a play that had no chance of success or very little promise of team advantage even if he managed to succeed.

Anyway, interesting comparison.
Ya Cole seems to not really play with any urgency away from the puck it is frustrating. Sorry for the spelling errors just had shoulder sugery 2 weeks ago on the right arm. Had to repair the rotator cuff and labrum.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:08 PM
  #42
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,776
vCash: 500
I'd love to see Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher. Fast, strong, creative, with lots of goalscoaring potential.

Although, I'm not sure if B-Gally can handle the tough defensive responsibilities that comes along with playing alongside Gangsta.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:12 PM
  #43
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelpj View Post
Pacioretty – Desharnais -??
Bourque - Plekanec – Gionta
Gally – Eller – Galchenyuk
Cole -?? - Prust

Would leave a hole for a wing for Pac and DD.. guess you would put Moen ? or Cole.
Did you watch the game last night?

Did you see who passed that puck perfectly to the stick of Galchenyuk?

It wasnt Eller. It was Prust.

Why do you want to demote Prust when Prust has been playing very well with Galchenyuk. They have obvious chemistry together.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:15 PM
  #44
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
For Gally's first game back, I would do this:

Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Eller-Galchenyuk-Prust
Moen-White-Gallagher

This would easy Gally back in and make sure he's good to go. If he looks great, I would consider switching him and Cole.

This makes more sense. White has been playing better than Armstrong the last two games. Armstrong is useless on a faceoff.

And no need to break up Prust and Chuckie.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:20 PM
  #45
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Did you watch the game last night?

Did you see who passed that puck perfectly to the stick of Galchenyuk?

It wasnt Eller. It was Prust.

Why do you want to demote Prust when Prust has been playing very well with Galchenyuk. They have obvious chemistry together.
Well, let's be honest, it wasn't the toughest pass to make. But I like Prust playing with Chucky

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  #46
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Well, let's be honest, it wasn't the toughest pass to make. But I like Prust playing with Chucky
Galchenyuk is an important key to the Habs future. Therrien has been smart in bringing him along with the assistance of Prust.

I dont feel comfortable with Eller being given that task. Especially after the great job that Prust has done so far.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 06:07 PM
  #47
Milhouse40
Registered User
 
Milhouse40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Injuries will tell where , how and when the line will change.

For my part...i would only like to see Eller getting more chances and i want
Galchenyuk to get top PP ice time .

Milhouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:17 PM
  #48
psychonaut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 500
I would like to see Eller-Galchenyuk-Cole as a 3rd line. Might just be what Cole need to spark up.

psychonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:13 AM
  #49
Maelpj*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Did you watch the game last night?

Did you see who passed that puck perfectly to the stick of Galchenyuk?

It wasnt Eller. It was Prust.

Why do you want to demote Prust when Prust has been playing very well with Galchenyuk. They have obvious chemistry together.
Did you read my thread? Im the one starting the thread , I wrote that Prust should be on the 3rd line.

On this post you quoted of mine, I was quoting a dude, showing the trio he was proposing cause they didn't make sense.

Again, read the god damn thread, IM the one starting it and saying Prust should be on the 3rd line.

Maelpj* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 01:37 AM
  #50
CN_paladin
Registered User
 
CN_paladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westeros
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Cole has sucked since game 1 so I'd demote him. He is still more useful than Armstrong who should sit.

CN_paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.