HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 4: Tambo: Here's my number, call me maybe?

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Moose Coleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seguino View Post
Debatable for sure. He doesn't look top 6 right now.
And where was Eberle at 19? Not even in the NHL.

You people. I don't even.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:21 PM
MinnesotaFats

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post

I'd overpay for SC, but what would Philly be looking for?
Probably D and a winger. Can't see us giving up any young D on our roster at the moment, but maybe at the draft, if we are in a position to take someone like Nurse, perhaps we can package the pick with Hemsky and get Couturier+. I think that is pretty close to good value. Or maybe if we finish lower in the standings, a Gagner + 1st rd for Couturier + 1st rd. We get younger and less experienced, but we get the size and two-way play that we badly need in the top 6. Its a gamble - maybe SC never becomes as good as I think he will, but you have to take a chance otherwise this team isnt going anywhere.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
McJadeddog

Quote:
Never to RNH. He shows elite level talent every game.
Yak, no prob
Wow, what to even say to such lunacy? Sure am glad you have nothing to do with the running of this team. Wow.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:24 PM
seguino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
Only three or four players on the team look impressive right now. Eberle, RNH both look lost.
slumps for sure.
We need a four game winning streak. starts tonight with the 3 stars being RNH,Eberle and Yak!!

Old
02-21-2013, 01:27 PM
seguino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
And where was Eberle at 19? Not even in the NHL.

You people. I don't even.
OK OK you win. Yaks the best ( if the best = not bad)

Old
02-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
slumps for sure.
We need a four game winning streak. starts tonight with the 3 stars being RNH,Eberle and Yak!!
You mean Daigle, Daigle and Daigle, right?

Old
02-21-2013, 01:28 PM
seguino

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
Wow, what to even say to such lunacy? Sure am glad you have nothing to do with the running of this team. Wow.
Why not? we couldn't do much worse. Zing

Old
02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
seguino

Quote:
You mean Daigle, Daigle and Daigle, right?
lol, I hope not.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Do you honestly believe that Anaheim or Philly would do those trades?
Besides the fact that the value is brutal for those teams, they are contenders (Philly is still a contender IMO) so why would they trade vital players off their roster for inferior players? Makes no sense from Anaheim and Philly's POV.

I don't see the Oilers doing much this season, i think that Tambellini is content with rolling with this roster for the rest of the season and letting the chips falls where they may. I don't even think that he truly believes that this is a playoff team so this is yet another season of development and being content with minor improvements.
I would expect him to really put in some work this offseason to upgrade the roster or he'll just re-sign Gagner to a big contract and stick with this roster for the next several seasons and hope that whoever they draft this season (likely a center) can take over for Gagner eventually.

For some reason and it's a longshot but i have a feeling that Tambellini will look to dangle Yakupov as bait either this offseason or next to bring in a top pairing defenseman. I just get the vibe that the organization isn't overly gung ho about Yakupov as a long term fixture here.

We don't know the situation in Duck land and if he wants to test UFA or try another team. Worth kicking the tires. This is nothing short of a suggestion. Seeing how Gags stock is high and producing beyond a point per game. Maybe he's hyped enough to garner a coutourier with + + added to make it work. This is the NHL and we've all seen major trades where everybody scratches their heads. Most major trades are never fair or even. Look at Joe Thor.. Is it possible, absolutely. Is it impossible.. only if you don't try..

Old
02-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Ace35

Here's some of my thoughts that could help get us a bit bigger and grittier:

Whitney + for Abdelkater

and/or

Gagner for Legwand

Old
02-21-2013, 02:05 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace35 View Post
Here's some of my thoughts that could help get us a bit bigger and grittier:

Whitney + for Abdelkater

and/or

Gagner for Legwand
No thanks to Legwand. Dealing a playing coming into his prime for one that may only have a few years left will bite this team in the butt.

Last edited by ponokanocker: 02-21-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Old
02-21-2013, 02:19 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Have to agree with Spec. Move Whitney and sign someone else to be your 7 or 8. All signs point to Whitney being a guy teams want. Get your pick and as Iwanyk(?) suggested sign a Brett Clark.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Have to agree with Spec. Move Whitney and sign someone else to be your 7 or 8. All signs point to Whitney being a guy teams want. Get your pick and as Iwanyk(?) suggested sign a Brett Clark.
Depending on what Peckham does, we may not even need to sign someone

Old
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
SerbianEagle

Quote:
Interesting 3-way proposal on main boards.

Jbo-Edmonton
Hemsky- Columbus
Brassard - Calgary

Like I said on the main board, could be some more smaller pieces involved, but not bad value.
No...

Hemsky, although overpaid is producing and with Gagner has been our most consistent forward this season so far.

We have a offensive dman in Schultz. We need a guy who is a + player and thinks defense first.

As much as our offense didn't win us too many games, our defense definitely has lost games.

Hemsky is cheaper, and producing. Bouwmeester is almost at 7 mil and is a minus player, not to mention there is still another year left on that horrible contract.

Hemsky = bad contract
Bowmeester = horrible contract

Old
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerbianEagle View Post
No...

Hemsky, although overpaid is producing and with Gagner has been our most consistent forward this season so far.

We have a offensive dman in Schultz. We need a guy who is a + player and thinks defense first.

As much as our offense didn't win us too many games, our defense definitely has lost games.

Hemsky is cheaper, and producing. Bouwmeester is almost at 7 mil and is a minus player, not to mention there is still another year left on that horrible contract.

Hemsky = bad contract
It'd be a lot more fair if CLB adds a 2nd or 3rd going to Calgary, and in turn, Calgary keeps half of Bouwmeester's salary.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:07 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
The thought was even if Peckham does well what happens with injuries. Are we comfortable with Teubert as the #8.

Granted we probably could worry about that at a later date.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:10 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
No...

Hemsky = bad contract
this is all true but the addition of a bouwmeester is the subtraction of potter/whitney. bou can play any situation and we have schultz so he can focus on teh defensive side first.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:23 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
No...

Hemsky = bad contract
Bowmeester is far from perfect, but he would likely be out #1 or 2 D-man. His contract is not pretty, but it expires at the end of the 2013-2014, prior to RNH, Yak and Schultz's raises. Bou is a minus player this year, but so are most of the Flames team. Most were minus players in 2011-2012 as well, along with Bow. If you want a stay at home guy with J. Schultz, stick Smid or N. Schultz there. Bow could be on the other unit with the other one of Smid/N. Schultz, and this pushes Whitney/Potter out of the lineup as CornKicker pointed out. Hemsky is one hit from being done for the season, as we have seen in the past. If moving him can help fix our gaping hole on the blueline, great.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Moose Coleman

Quote:
I think we need to worry more about adding someone in the top 4 instead of ******* around with these plugs.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:41 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

Quote:
I think we need to worry more about adding someone in the top 4 instead of ******* around with these plugs.
Is now the time to do that though? I'm not so sure

Quote:
The thought was even if Peckham does well what happens with injuries. Are we comfortable with Teubert as the #8.

Granted we probably could worry about that at a later date.
That was my thought. No sense in wasting a roster spot on a #8 dman if you don't need to

Old
02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
joestevens29

So Smid or N.Schultz. Who you moving? Or are you pushing N.Schultz down to the #5 slot, which I'd be okay with.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:47 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Is now the time to do that though? I'm not so sure

That was my thought. No sense in wasting a roster spot on a #8 dman if you don't need to
The one worry as time goes on is another team signing Clark, although I'd hope we've had some contact with him and he'd give us a chance to match a deal.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
So Smid or N.Schultz. Who you moving? Or are you pushing N.Schultz down to the #5 slot, which I'd be okay with.
Depending on who fits better with who, I wouldn't even mind seeing Petry as the #5. He is just so inconsistant right now.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
McJadeddog

If we get rid of Hemsky, who do we have for secondary scoring? Nobody, outside of Yakupov that is, and I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in the basket of a 19 year old. Hesmky isn't overpaid either, not sure where that is coming from. Bouw would look great, no doubt, but that contract of his is a non-starter.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
If we get rid of Hemsky, who do we have for secondary scoring? Nobody, outside of Yakupov that is, and I wouldn't want to put all my eggs in the basket of a 19 year old. Hesmky isn't overpaid either, not sure where that is coming from. Bouw would look great, no doubt, but that contract of his is a non-starter.
Bouwmeester's contract isn't that bad when you consider the term.

Closed Thread