HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 4: Tambo: Here's my number, call me maybe?

Closed Thread

Old
02-23-2013, 12:27 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
This is probably too big of a deal to get executed, and more than likely couldn't be done during the season with Anaheim playing so well, but looking at their team, there are a few pieces that we could use.

Lets say it's draft weekend, and Perry has told them he's not coming back, lets also say Edmonton has a top 3 pick, and Anaheim has a 20-25 pick...

Gagner
Hemsky
Top 3 pick

For

Perry (exclusive negotiating rights)
Fowler
20-25 pick

Assuming Gagner and Hemsky hover at about a ppg and remain healthy (have high trade value) is this a fair deal? I've been on HF For 10 years and haven't made one decent proposal yet, so my expectations are low. Nonetheless, this roster at the very least addresses our size in the top 6 issue and our top end defensive depth issue. Anaheim says Perry is gone either way, so they're getting 2 good top 6 forwards in their prime and a franchise player in the draft for Fowler and a late pick.

That does leave us with a significant whole at center, that would probably require attention in another trade or signing. Maybe Getzlaf follows Perry here.
Gagner + Hemsky + MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov/Drouin seems like a huge price. I would have to pass on that.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Unless Perry is coming with an extension, that has the potential to be a very ugly deal.
Ya it's on the basis that there's an agreement in principle. Maybe a conditional 2nd is added in the event he doesn't sign?

Old
02-23-2013, 12:37 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Did anyone hear Spector on Gregor's show talking about he knows for a fact that Tambo has tried to make a deal for Boyle.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:38 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
Ya it's on the basis that there's an agreement in principle. Maybe a conditional 2nd is added in the event he doesn't sign?
I don't know. Would still be pretty ugly.

Fowler isn't the best centerpiece for a deal where you're sending a top 3 pick the other way.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:38 PM
iCanada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Did anyone hear Spector on Gregor's show talking about he knows for a fact that Tambo has tried to make a deal for Boyle.
Which Boyle?

Actually, dont matter. I like em both.

Old
02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
Quote:
If it's Dan, I hope he came with Clowe. If it's Brian, I don't mind it, but I'm not sure he cures what ails us all that much.

02-23-2013, 12:53 PM
dixs35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
If it's Dan, I hope he came with Clowe. If it's Brian, I don't mind it, but I'm not sure he cures what ails us all that much.
It was Brian. IMO it helps that it keeps guys like VV and Lander off the roster. He can also take Horcoff's role on the PP for the time being and hit. He is also an actual NHL player which the Oil sorely need. A line of Eager Boyle Harski could be an actual 4th line capable of taking a regular shift.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:03 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Quote:
It was Brian. IMO it helps that it keeps guys like VV and Lander off the roster. He can also take Horcoff's role on the PP for the time being and hit. He is also an actual NHL player which the Oil sorely need. A line of Eager Boyle Harski could be an actual 4th line capable of taking a regular shift.
Our problem isn't our bottom six. It's the top-6.

There is a reason we are scoring less than 1 ES GF/game with all this talent. While Boyle is a good player and a welcome addition to the bottom six, right now I'd hope to fix the top-6 first.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:34 PM
OilerNut*

DiPietro on waivers, any interest?

Old
02-23-2013, 01:38 PM
dixs35

Quote:

There is a reason we are scoring less than 1 ES GF/game with all this talent. While Boyle is a good player and a welcome addition to the bottom six, right now I'd hope to fix the top-6 first.
I would like to see the top six fixed as well, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. At least not until the TD. Acquiring NHL talent to replace fringe and rookie NHL talent would go a long way to making this team better.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Lacaar

Quote:

Although I agree it is the problem I don't see a cure other then waiting for these guys to mature.

We can take Yakupov out of the top 6.

You can't take one of Hall, Hopkins, Eberle out.. and you're not trading them.
That leaves Gagner and Hemsky left and you're not trading them for anyone that's playing better.. god they're playing about as good as we can expect.

Sadly the only cure I see for this team is for Eberle to wake the bleep up.
RNH to heal/wakeup.

And Yakupov to find his NHL game fast.

I'm all for getting a big power type player that provides equal offense to Gagner or Hemsky. I just realize it's a pipe dream and not possible so won't go on bashing tambelini for not doing it.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
if the oilers are serious about getting bigger, we are going to have to move one of the smaller forwards. Since Eberle isn't going anywhere, that leaves Hemsky, Gagner, or yakupov.

Hemsky has middling trade value so he isn't going to get us a long term top 6 upgrade. Gagner is finally reaching his potential but, again, would not get us that larger top 6 forward. Also, gagner might be a very effective 2nd line winger for us.

That leaves Yakupov. I love the guy but he might be the logical choice if we are going to get bigger. He is somethig another team could build their marketing around and his value is very high.

Yakupov for ror + ???

your bias is showing...using your own logic Eberle is smaller than Yak...Yak is younger, and arguable has higher upside...what is it about Yak that makes you feel he is expendable so soon...what could it be???

Old
02-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Freudian slips

Quote:

I agree with this, plus I also feel we need more size, more balance in our top six...Gags is expendable, imo, bc he just too small - and we have a closet full of undersize (albeit talented) forwards.

Our bottom six has been horrid, offensively.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
*M*J*D*

Send a message via MSN to *M*J*D*
I just took a peek on youtube and can't seem to find something that suggests Boyle can add to the team. Seems mostly lost fights.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Hall is just starting to scratch the surface of his physical game, and I predict Yakupov will be just as physical, if not more so.

Calling either of them "small" or "soft" is ridiculous. Both will be over 210lbs, with speed, and a lot of competitiveness and intensity in their games. Clutterbuck won't be the last to be scraped off the ice and leaving on a stretcher from Rexall Place.

Having that mixture of skill and physical play makes them both untradeable. Both these guys will excel in playoffs.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:58 PM
Soundwave

Gagner + Petry
for
Bogosian + Jokinen (stop gap)

Hemsky + Omark
for
Bailey + Nedrettier

Hall RNH Eberle
Nino Bailey Yakupov
MPS Jokinen Jones
Smyth Horcoff Eager

Smid Bogosian
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Draft Barkov/Monahan/Nicushkin/etc.

Old
02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I would do both of those trades.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian slips View Post
your bias is showing...using your own logic Eberle is smaller than Yak...Yak is younger, and arguable has higher upside...what is it about Yak that makes you feel he is expendable so soon...what could it be???
I think the org made it clear last summer that Hall and eberle are the franchise. I cannot fathom a deal for eberle that they would accept. It would have to be such an over-paymnet that no gm would make that offer.

I love Yak and think he will be a very very good player, maybe the best of the bunch. He just seems to be the most logical of the big 5 to be moved.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:02 PM
Mr Sakich

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
**** no!! You dont trade Yakupov within the division!
colorado is probably not in our division next year.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:05 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Gagner + Petry
for
Bogosian + Jokinen (stop gap)

Hemsky + Omark
for
Bailey + Nedrettier

Hall RNH Eberle
Nino Bailey Yakupov
MPS Jokinen Jones
Smyth Horcoff Eager

Smid Bogosian
Schultz Schultz
Fistric Whitney

Draft Barkov/Monahan/Nicushkin/etc.
Jets fans won't do that deal, they love Bogosian and they literally believe his value would be at least Hemsky + Gagner. Jokinen as a UFA doesn't do much for us anyways.

We really lose the Hemsky NYI trade bad, Bailey has been terrible this year and Niederreiter is a real wild card, Hemsky is better than those guys.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

Bailey is a bad C and Jets dont do that deal. Joker and Gagner dont do too much different offensively and Petry is a downgrade on Bogo.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Jets fans won't do that deal, they love Bogosian and they literally believe his value would be at least Hemsky + Gagner.
I may not necessarily say no to that either if that's what it would take.

Old
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Jets fans won't do that deal, they love Bogosian and they literally believe his value would be at least Hemsky + Gagner. Jokinen as a UFA doesn't do much for us anyways.

We really lose the Hemsky NYI trade bad, Bailey has been terrible this year and Niederreiter is a real wild card, Hemsky is better than those guys.
As someone who watches both the Oilers and Jets, they won't trade Bogo for Hemsky and Gagner. I like both players but the Jets need Bogosian and he is playing very well for them. Hemsky is under contract for one more year and Gagner is having a very good year, but so far this year is an outlier for him. We'd need to see this kind of play from him for a sustained period of time.

On another note, why not trade Whitney for whatever you can get? He is not going to get better.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Paralyzer008

Quote:
Originally Posted by North View Post
As someone who watches both the Oilers and Jets, they won't trade Bogo for Hemsky and Gagner. I like both players but the Jets need Bogosian and he is playing very well for them. Hemsky is under contract for one more year and Gagner is having a very good year, but so far this year is an outlier for him. We'd need to see this kind of play from him for a sustained period of time.

On another note, why not trade Whitney for whatever you can get? He is not going to get better.
I have a good feeling Tambellini has tried this, but the results have been abysmal so far. As bad as Whitney has struggled this season, you can still get way more for him if you wait until trade deadline day, some stupid GM always overpays.

Old
02-23-2013, 03:40 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Whitney will be gone at the deadline.

Tambo obviously licking his chops at another top 5 pick, why shake things up now?

Closed Thread