HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposal Thread Vol. 4: Tambo: Here's my number, call me maybe?

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 06:12 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Couturier
Don't joke about this. I would be over the moon.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:13 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Penner played well in the play-offs for LA last year.
Teubert will never be more than a marginal NHLer and one of the "most highly touted defensive prospects" had recently had a major injury and will miss a whole year of development. Hence suspect trade.
What was a single good trade did Tambellini make other than a no-brainer like Fraser for Smyth?
Staios to Calgary!

Old
02-27-2013, 06:13 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
You're correct. Even doubling his numbers gives him a laughable total in that league.

The fact that the management of that team waived him after 50 odd games tells me even more.

Lots of fans here loved Steve MacIntyre, or Zach Stortini. It doesn't mean they can play.

Hartikainen and Paajarvi are both superior players.
Yeah, I haven't seen enough to comment on him to say he's a good or bad option. I just wanted to add that Canucks fans are saying he was playing well as a 4th line energy guy.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
If Volpatti is some sort of answer for this team, then we're asking the wrong questions.

Regarding the Philly-Washington scout thing, Philly doesn't make sense for us. While we can day dream about Couturier, Schenn, Simmonds, Giroux, Hartnell etc., all those guys are young and a part of that core going forward. Same with Schenn, Grossman and Coburn on the backend. It's a little confusing to see who we'd be targeting and what Philly would want back.

On the other hand, Washington makes a bit of sense. They've really struggled this season and underperformed and could use a shake up. So could we. Not sure who we'd target, but with Laich still out, one hopes its Brouwer and not Ward. Though we haven't been to alot of their games like we have Philly's and Toronto's.

02-27-2013, 06:15 PM
OILSLICK94

Washington Players
D-Alzner (perfect stay at home D, ala Gator from seasons passed)
D-Carlson
D-Schultz
F-Brouwer (perfect for the bottom 6 going forward. 3.6 mil going forward)
F-Laich (not really a fan always injured makes 4.5 mil going forward)

Philadelphia players
F-Simmonds
F-Couturier
F-Schenn (not a chance just got his bro there)
D-Schenn (ditto)

The flyers are up at the cap now so you never know. The cost to get (Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier) would have to involve one of the fab 5 forwards don't see it.

Maybe it is the caps, but what would they want in return?

Last edited by OILSLICK94: 02-27-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Don't joke about this. I would be over the moon.
same here. A perfect fit for us. I don't think the Flyers even consider trading him though but holmgren is a little crazy. I hope we go for talbot. He would be a great addition to our bottom 6. If we're scouting Washington, I hope we can put together a deal for Alzner. I have a feeling we're scouting Washington.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Deer Rebel View Post
Don't see the logic in claiming Volpatti after waiving Hordichuk. I just checked Volpatti's hockeydb.com page, and note that he scored a whopping 7 career goals in the BCHL over 3 complete seasons. Brutal numbers across the board.

I tend to agree with the tweet that the Edmonton media has lost its marbles. They won't shut up about this guy - especially Gregor - who seems to think he has discovered what ails the team, and that Volpatti is the cure.

The fact of the matter is that he is nothing more than a plug. Waste of a contract.
Having watched both Volpatti and Hordichuk as Canucks, I feel I can safely say that Volpatti is a much better player. He has a better hockey IQ than most give him credit for; he's able to skate the puck out of his zone safely a good chunk of the time. There was a stat earlier in the year that in the NHL, he had the highest percentage of shifts beginning in the defensive end, and the highest percentage of shifts ending in the offensive end.

He's a fourth liner, no question. But he hits everything that moves, and he hits like a freight train - he has the bulk and the wheels to actually do it. He's a solid scrapper and a good teammate.

I like him a lot in Vancouver, an am puzzled by his waiving given all the bizarro roster activity occurring in our parts today. It just seems odd that we'd sacrifice a solid piece of forward depth when there's no real reason to do so. I'd be sad if he ended up in Edmonton, but you guys would have gained a solid soldier, IMO.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:23 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

There's just no way we're scouting Washington it doesn't make any sense. Philadelphia is the team that is in all the rumors and has made a trade already. I just don't see anything happening between us and WAS.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Totally Radivojevic

You guys want Bryzgalov

Very interesting that EDM is at this game in full force. Scares me a bit that it's about Couturier, but I just don't know that the teams match up that well in regards to a big trade like that. Maybe a defensive forward like Fedotenko or Talbot, Fedotenko being more likely. Flyers could use a puck moving Dman or a faceoff guy.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Red Deer Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Having watched both Volpatti and Hordichuk as Canucks, I feel I can safely say that Volpatti is a much better player. He has a better hockey IQ than most give him credit for; he's able to skate the puck out of his zone safely a good chunk of the time. There was a stat earlier in the year that in the NHL, he had the highest percentage of shifts beginning in the defensive end, and the highest percentage of shifts ending in the offensive end.

He's a fourth liner, no question. But he hits everything that moves, and he hits like a freight train - he has the bulk and the wheels to actually do it. He's a solid scrapper and a good teammate.

I like him a lot in Vancouver, an am puzzled by his waiving given all the bizarro roster activity occurring in our parts today. It just seems odd that we'd sacrifice a solid piece of forward depth when there's no real reason to do so. I'd be sad if he ended up in Edmonton, but you guys would have gained a solid soldier, IMO.
Well, since the entire Edmonton media is dropping hints about claiming this guy, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Nugent-Hopkins is 4th on this team for hits amongst forwards, which gives you a good idea about the kind of junk we have on this roster.

If Smyth were the one leaving, I'd have no problem adding Volpatti.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:37 PM
dnicks17

It'd be nice if Tambo would move Petrell+Peckham/Potter/Whitney for an upgrade on D and then claim Volpatti.

Old
Bergeron47

Rinaldo for Whitney?
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yak-Gagner-Hemsky
Smyth-Belanger-Pajaarvi/Jones
Petrell/Eager-Rinaldo-Jones/Paajarvi?

Philly makes more sense than Caps. They are desperate for D and just acquired Gagne, taking away a forward spot.

Old
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Radivojevic View Post
You guys want Bryzgalov

Very interesting that EDM is at this game in full force. Scares me a bit that it's about Couturier, but I just don't know that the teams match up that well in regards to a big trade like that. Maybe a defensive forward like Fedotenko or Talbot, Fedotenko being more likely. Flyers could use a puck moving Dman or a faceoff guy.
Belanger? Only guy on the roster capable of winning one.

With all the big wigs watching, you'd think it would be more serious than just a swap of 3rd-4th liners.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:40 PM
dixs35

vCash: 250
Lets say its Phi and the guy they want is Couturier. Would you do Petry + Klefbom for SC
if management had a trade in place for a guy like Yandle for a Gagner+ package?

Old
02-27-2013, 06:41 PM
OILSLICK94

Hope it's not Rinaldo saw the guy play here in junior (London Knights) he's a "psycho" Carcillo like.... Will cost us in the penalty box more then not.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:42 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Lets say its Phi and the guy they want is Couturier. Would you do Petry + Klefbom for SC
That's a very easy yes for me.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:43 PM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Radivojevic View Post
You guys want Bryzgalov

It's not about Couturier. The Oilers aren't going to move any of the big 5 and I'm sure that's what it would take.

Even if the Oilers could afford to move a centre, the only one capable of winning a face off is Belagner.

Whitney can move a puck, his feet are a different matter altogether. I am sure he can be had on the cheap.

The only thing of value I can see the Oilers moving is Hemsky who I think would look pretty good on a line with Giroux and Hartnell, but his cap hit doesn't really help the situation in Philly at all.

Old
misfit

Quote:
I'd do it even if they didn't have a second trade in place. I'm a huge fan of both Petry and Klefbom, but for Couturier that's a no-brainer.

Totally Radivojevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Belanger? Only guy on the roster capable of winning one.

With all the big wigs watching, you'd think it would be more serious than just a swap of 3rd-4th liners.
Agreed, which worries me as a Flyers fan that they could be dangling Couturier, who's been a bit off this season.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Bergeron47

If the Oilers somehow got Couturier without giving up a fab 5 all the Tambo haters would go away until next year.

Although trading Couturier is Holmgren's style, acquiring Couturier isn't Tambellini's style.

Old
02-27-2013, 06:45 PM
dnicks17

Not saying we would/should do it, but what would people's thoughts be if Tambo was talking a trade around Eberle and Couturier?

Old
02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
Bergeron47

It really bugs me that Philly has been in possession of Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Daniel Briere, Sean Couturier, Brayden Schenn in the time it's taken the Oilers to get but Nugent-Hopkins

Edit: and Claude Giroux

Last edited by Bergeron47: 02-27-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old
02-27-2013, 06:46 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Would love to get the defensive minded centre in Couturier would be HUGE catch..... But I think it would take way more then that package to score him.

Look at the flyers on capgeek.com and they are hard pressed to the cap with it coming down they got allot of long term deals already tied up.

Couturier is an RFA in 2014/15 and will want a big payday

You never know???

Old
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
OILSLICK94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Not saying we would/should do it, but what would people's thoughts be if Tambo was talking a trade around Eberle and Couturier?
Pass, I would not move EBS Period

Old
02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't see Tambo trading away a player he just signed to a long-term extension.

Holmgren likes his 1st rounders, I could easily see it centered around our 1st + ______

Closed Thread