HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cory Urquhart

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 11:45 AM
pei_bruins

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Cory Urquhart

I was at the Rocket game last night and I am very impressed with this kid, and this is coming from a Bruins fan! Both of his goals were shorthanded, and on both he underessed the defense and beat the goalie with a solid shot. By the end of the game, I was expecting him to score everytime he carried the puck in the zone. He was that impressive, he could have had a couple more goals easily. Also, he wasn't afraid to go into the corners and play physical. He made several nice defensive plays in the neutral zone as well. I didn't really notice his play in the defensive zone, but that's mainly because the Titan rarely had the puck in the zone (only 11 shots). It looks like both the Bruins and Canadiens may have a steal from the second round in last year's draft (Bergeron). I didn't really notice the Hab's other prospects during the game, but I do plan on attending the majority of Rocket games, so I'll keeps ya's posted. I'm not going to the game friday night though, because it sold out the day tickets went on sale! That's the effect Sidney Crosby has these days I guess.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by pei_bruins
I was at the Rocket game last night and I am very impressed with this kid, and this is coming from a Bruins fan! Both of his goals were shorthanded, and on both he underessed the defense and beat the goalie with a solid shot. By the end of the game, I was expecting him to score everytime he carried the puck in the zone. He was that impressive, he could have had a couple more goals easily. Also, he wasn't afraid to go into the corners and play physical. He made several nice defensive plays in the neutral zone as well. I didn't really notice his play in the defensive zone, but that's mainly because the Titan rarely had the puck in the zone (only 11 shots). It looks like both the Bruins and Canadiens may have a steal from the second round in last year's draft (Bergeron). I didn't really notice the Hab's other prospects during the game, but I do plan on attending the majority of Rocket games, so I'll keeps ya's posted. I'm not going to the game friday night though, because it sold out the day tickets went on sale! That's the effect Sidney Crosby has these days I guess.
Thanks a lot, Bruins fan...

Old
09-25-2003, 11:56 AM
Emule Richard

Thanks for daring to venture on to our board and give us some info

Old
09-25-2003, 12:04 PM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Thanks for the update on Urquhart!

Old
09-25-2003, 12:22 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Nice to hear...thanks a lot! Very appreciated!!!

Old
09-25-2003, 12:54 PM
KnuklZ

Quote:
Thanks man...its good to see Bruins fans complimenting MTL prospects.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:28 PM
Mike8

Thanks much, pei_bruins!

If you could keep an eye on Lapierre throughout the season whenever you attend games, it'd be much appreciated. He's another 2nd round 2003 draft pick by the Habs and is touted to be a pesky defensive center, good speed, and a lot of cheapshots & grit.

Old
09-25-2003, 02:37 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Wow!!! Really nice from you! Keep them coming!!

Old
09-26-2003, 11:00 AM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
What NHLer would you compare his style of game?

The only time I watched him play, he really remember me something like a Jason Spezza poor man...

Do you also find some similarity between them? thx
He does remind me a bit of Spezza physically, but Spezza seems to be a bit more of a pass first kind of guy, while Urquhart is a goal scorer through and through (6 goals, 1 assist so far this year). I can't think of anybody in the NHL to compare him to off the top of my head. He can definitely skate, stick handle and shoot with the best of them. He definitely needs to add some more size, but he's got a couple of years to do that.

And I will keep my eye on Lapierre as well.

Old
09-26-2003, 11:10 AM
habfan4

Thanks for the update - it's much appreciated.

Old
09-26-2003, 12:48 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
pretty cool stuff, i know Savard was criticize because of his 2nd pick.. but the more we hear about him the more he seems to look good

pretty good stuff, thanks a lot dude.

Closed Thread