HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Big Talk (Ronnie Vannucci Jr of The Killers), 2nd Album "Straight In No Kissin'"

Old
07-23-2015, 12:17 AM
RockLobster
A magician named Gob

vCash: 844
Big Talk (Ronnie Vannucci Jr of The Killers), 2nd Album "Straight In No Kissin'"

The album is being released (through Pledge Music) on July 24th (this Friday). Their debut album, in which Vannucci, the drummer for The Killers, steps in front of the mic as a guitarist and lead vocalist, was pretty good (better than Brandon Flowers' first solo album "Flamingo").

Earlier this year, Flowers released his 2nd solo album "The Desired Effect" (which I found to be a really delightful listen, definitely draws inspiration from his love of 80's music), and like last the last time these two released solo albums, Vannucci isn't far behind with his side band Big Talk and their 2nd solo effort, titled "Straight In No Kissin'"

And just like last time, I found myself enjoying this album more than Flowers' solo album (though I'll be honest, I love and enjoy both). NME.com has a stream of the new album in its entirety, for me the stand-out tracks on this album are:

Animal Husband
What Happened to Delisa (the 1st single from the record)
Cocktail Party
I've Been Sentimental Lately
What The Night Can Do
All My Luvin'
The Void

I need more listens of the rest of the songs, preferably on my iPod so I can enjoy it as I usually enjoy music (which isn't plugged into a laptop), but so far, I really love what I hear.

For those who want to take a listen, follow the link!

Big Talk: Straight In No Kissin'

No matter where I try to roam, it only goes to show, I'm such a long, long way from home.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote