HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Sens vs Rags | Scotiabank Place | 21-02-13 / 1930hrs | Social Network Edition

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I disagree. Elaborate.
1) AHL/ECHL line-up. You'd agree with this?

2) Regin and Latendresse being "regulars"- unless he meant "regularly out of the line-up". Or, feel free to read through any GDT where they are playing, and track any comments that occur "regularly" that involve either.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:42 PM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
1) AHL/ECHL line-up. You'd agree with this?

2) Regin and Latendresse being "regulars"- unless he meant "regularly out of the line-up". Or, feel free to read through any GDT where they are playing, and track any comments that occur "regularly" that involve either.
1) Hyperbole. We currently have iced Benoit, Borowiecki, Grant, Dizzy, Gryba, Zibanejad, etc. The point is that we have no choice but to ice players who aren't particularly NHL ready or of NHL caliber.

2) Latendresse has gotten so much more hate than he deserves. It's irritating. He's an NHL player that was getting back into playing for the first time for pretty much over a year, if I'm correct. He's still an NHL player with NHL talent unlike several of the youngsters who we are currently dressing. Regin has shown some more flashes of great skill this season and has NHL experience that this injury-stricken line-up does not have. This team needs NHL players. These two are NHL players.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:51 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

vCash: 611
Players on the roster who have played at least one shift in the AHL this year:
Stephane Da Costa
Derek Grant
Jakob Silfverberg
David Dziurzynski
Mika Zibanejad
Patrick Wiercioch
Eric Gryba
Andre Benoit
Ben Bishop

Nine players, or enough to fill three full forward lines. Yes, I'd saying calling it an AHL team, while maybe unfair to the full-time NHLers, is accurate. Especially when you factor in the amount of recently graduated AHLers, too.

02-21-2013, 02:13 PM
MiscBrah

I never said we didn't have a lot of AHL guys in our line-up. We do. More than we should.

That being said, I personally would rather see the AHL guys play hard and get some experience that have to deal with the princesses on our team who can't go more than a couple games without being injured.

Regin can't play at the NHL level. It's really too bad but he just can't. As I said earlier it's not surprise that the 2nd game he starts trying hard he gets hurt. Before he was sucking because he was scared to go full throttle. We saw him do it for 2 days then he gets hurt again. I'm sure the guy is terrified of being injured yet again so he'll be taking it extremely careful if he ever makes it back.

The hate for lats is completely understandable. The dude gave an interview saying he was hoping for a nice long term deal LOL **** and try and play a full season. Why should he get any respect from ANYONE? He's done nothing for this team other than waste cause us to waste resources.

Let the AHL guys play or trade for someone else. Regin and Lats are not going to make this team better. On the contrary they will probably make it worse.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:17 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscBrah View Post
Regin can't play at the NHL level. It's really too bad but he just can't. As I said earlier it's not surprise that the 2nd game he starts trying hard he gets hurt. Before he was sucking because he was scared to go full throttle. We saw him do it for 2 days then he gets hurt again. I'm sure the guy is terrified of being injured yet again so he'll be taking it extremely careful if he ever makes it back.

The hate for lats is completely understandable. The dude gave an interview saying he was hoping for a nice long term deal LOL **** and try and play a full season. Why should he get any respect from ANYONE? He's done nothing for this team other than waste cause us to waste resources.

Let the AHL guys play or trade for someone else. Regin and Lats are not going to make this team better. On the contrary they will probably make it worse.
If Regin wasn't an NHL-level player, the coaches wouldn't keep playing him. Is he injury prone? Sure. So are plenty of others.

Lats... the guy has played five ****ing games with us. How about you give him a few more games before deciding that he's a waste of resources?

The hyperbole in this fanbase is so ****ing stupid.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr123 View Post
I'm definitely scared! Tonight we could get the great Rangers, or the one's that have flopped.

I don't have a good feeling, but wish the guys the best! And just want to see some fight/heart.
I'm starting to think that its a New York thing as the Giants literally do THE EXACT SAME THING.

They can either be world killers or narcoleptic snails.

02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'm starting to think that its a New York thing as the Giants literally do THE EXACT SAME THING.

They can either be world killers or narcoleptic snails.
Same thing with the Jets! They can either be the most boring team to watch ever or one of the most exciting teams in the league.

Buttfumble.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:33 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
If Regin wasn't an NHL-level player, the coaches wouldn't keep playing him. Is he injury prone? Sure. So are plenty of others.

Lats... the guy has played five ****ing games with us. How about you give him a few more games before deciding that he's a waste of resources?

The hyperbole in this fanbase is so ****ing stupid.
At one point in his career was he at the NHL level? Ya sure. He is anymore? **** no. The guy needs to stop before he really gets hurt and his whole life is ruined. He won't be signed by Ottawa next season, I'll be shocked he if gets offered more than $1 million from any other team.

Lats. Exactly. You are proving my point. He played 5 games. That's all he could muster. Sad in a way but without a doubt very wasteful.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

Burst out laughing at someone on the Rangers board saying that the Sens have a lot to prove after losing to NYR last year. What the eff.

Old
02-21-2013, 02:48 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie Grossie View Post
Burst out laughing at someone on the Rangers board saying that the Sens have a lot to prove after losing to NYR last year. What the eff.
What we're trying to prove is that we can make it through a game without losing someone to injury.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:12 PM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
1) Hyperbole. We currently have iced Benoit, Borowiecki, Grant, Dizzy, Gryba, Zibanejad, etc. The point is that we have no choice but to ice players who aren't particularly NHL ready or of NHL caliber.

2) Latendresse has gotten so much more hate than he deserves. It's irritating. He's an NHL player that was getting back into playing for the first time for pretty much over a year, if I'm correct. He's still an NHL player with NHL talent unlike several of the youngsters who we are currently dressing. Regin has shown some more flashes of great skill this season and has NHL experience that this injury-stricken line-up does not have. This team needs NHL players. These two are NHL players.
Yeah, I got the gist of what JH was saying- call it hyperbole if you like, but there was a lot about the post that wasn't accurate. To qualify those 2 players as NHL calibre is one thing. To call them "regulars" in our line-up is laughable.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:13 PM
PoutineSp00nZ
Beat that $%^& Bryan

Quote:
Yeah, I got the gist of what JH was saying- call it hyperbole if you like, but there was a lot about the post that wasn't accurate. To qualify those 2 players as NHL calibre is one thing. To call them "regulars" in our line-up is laughable.
Whenever both have been healthy they've played during their careers with the senators. What else would u call them?

Old
02-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

Quote:
Same thing with the Jets! They can either be the most boring team to watch ever or one of the most exciting teams in the league.

Buttfumble.
I hold the Buttfumble in the same light as I do the Superbowl trophies. It has the feelings of something that will become lore.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:15 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

Quote:
At one point in his career was he at the NHL level? Ya sure. He is anymore? **** no. The guy needs to stop before he really gets hurt and his whole life is ruined. He won't be signed by Ottawa next season, I'll be shocked he if gets offered more than $1 million from any other team.
Matter of opinion, but we both seem to be pretty set in our beliefs here. Agree to disagree. I think he has more left in him

Quote:
Lats. Exactly. You are proving my point. He played 5 games. That's all he could muster. Sad in a way but without a doubt very wasteful.
This, however, is just ridiculous. Spezza could only muster five games this year. That's all he could play in the NHL this year before getting an injury. What a scrub, right?

Old
02-21-2013, 03:25 PM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
Whenever both have been healthy they've played during their careers with the senators. What else would u call them?
"Rarely healthy during their careers with the Senators."

"Regularly out of the line-up during their careers with the Senators."

How many qualifiers need to accompany the word "regular" as it applies to our line-up?

Old
02-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Patvolcom65
@Patvolcom65

Quote:
Matter of opinion, but we both seem to be pretty set in our beliefs here. Agree to disagree. I think he has more left in him

This, however, is just ridiculous. Spezza could only muster five games this year. That's all he could play in the NHL this year before getting an injury. What a scrub, right?
Cowen must be a scrub too.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Spezza was also top 5 in scoring last year which allowed him and Karlsson to drag this team into the playoffs on their backs.

I don't understand the correlation between the two. Lots of players get injured. I'm not saying you can't get injured but when you are back you better *****ing perform.

Quote:
"Rarely healthy during their careers with the Senators."

"Regularly out of the line-up during their careers with the Senators."

How many qualifiers need to accompany the word "regular" as it applies to our line-up?
This. You guys are only lying to yourselves.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Benny FTW
Head Light Fluid

vCash: 137
Crosby sucks

Old
02-21-2013, 03:43 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Crosby sucks
yes I'm sure lats and regin are going to come back and lead the league in scoring just like Crosby right?

They will be lucky to get 25 points between the two of them all season.

It's a little ridiculous that you guys are comparing two busted up plugs to some of the best players in the world.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:49 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

Latendresse and Regin, both when playing, still make us a better team with a better chance to win compared to the lineup we ice currently. Them coming back is a good thing, not a bad thing, if they do indeed come back.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Quo
storms in my knees

They're our busted up plugs and better than the immediate alternatives by a country mile. Don't be silly.

I would rather not see the young kids in the lineup if they're not quite ready for a full time role just yet.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Da Costa - Condra
Dziurzynski - Smith - Neil
Daugavins - Grant - Zibanejad

Wiercioch - Gonchar
Phillips - Benoit
Methot - Gryba
According to the Sens twitter, line up stays the same...

Discuss.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:18 PM
senatorsburly

Will anyone be streaming this game?

Old
02-21-2013, 04:24 PM
SenzZen
C(as)H/CH-CH-ing

Quote:
Players on the roster who have played at least one shift in the AHL this year:
Stephane Da Costa
Derek Grant
Jakob Silfverberg
David Dziurzynski
Mika Zibanejad
Patrick Wiercioch
Eric Gryba
Andre Benoit
Ben Bishop

Nine players, or enough to fill three full forward lines. Yes, I'd saying calling it an AHL team, while maybe unfair to the full-time NHLers, is accurate. Especially when you factor in the amount of recently graduated AHLers, too.
Ok so pare that down to those who have played in the A since the NHL has started up again.

Now on to the ECHLers...

Old
02-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Silf 2 goals and 1 assist tonight in a 3-1 win for the Sens.

Closed Thread