HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

JM Fantasy League - Discussion

Old
03-15-2013, 02:51 AM
MarkusNaslund19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Roster

Fowards
Alex Tanguay - Jamie Benn - Bobby Ryan
T.J. Oshie - Joe Pavelski - Mikkel Boedker
Jamie McGinn - Martin Hanzal - Peter Mueller
Craig Smith - Josh Bailey - Drew Shore

Defensemen
Jack Johnson - Matt Niskanen
Korbinian Holzer - Marco Scandella

Goalies
Kevin Poulin

Prospects
Brock Nelson
Alexander Kocklachev
Ondrej Palat
Pontus Aberg
Oscar Lindberg
Hampus Lindholm
Jarred Tinordi
Michael Matheson
Mikael Vickstrand
John Klingberg
Zach Trotman
Matt Hackett
Johan Gustafsson
Frederik Andersson

My roster is defenetly awkward right now, but I'm happy about it. My strategy was to go on value pick and not only thinking about filing my roster. It might sounds weird, but hopefully I'll contend next year with some twiking and some prospect playing in the big level. I'm really happy about my prospects, theres alot of NHLer in there. I think my offense is awesome, allround, gritty, young with potentiel for more in alot of case. Defense might be ok if I'm lucky and two of Lindholm, Tinordi, Trotman make it next year but I might have to wait 1 more year for those guys. Goalies are a total crapshot. All four have a decent chance to be in the NHL next year, but none will be #1...

I'll see witch moves I'll do at next year training camp, but like I said, I'm hoping to contend next year.
Love Benn and Ryan. Not huge on Tanguay. Love your second line and Hanzal is a great 3rd-liner. You've got a great group of forwards overall. And some decent prospects. But you're in serious trouble on D and in goal.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:54 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post

ForwardsDustin Penner - Sidney Crosby - Jakob Silfverberg
Thomas Vanek - Mika Zibanejad - Nikolai Kulemin
Ville Leino - Chris Kelly - David Moss
Daniel Paille - Darren Helm - Zac Dalpe

DefencemenJared Cowen - Kevin Shattenkirk
Tim Gleason - Christian Ehrhoff
Toni Lydman - Jake Muzzin

GoaliesCraig Anderson
Jeremy Smith

ExtrasThomas Hickey
Joakim Andersson
Mark Stone
Matt Fraser

ProspectsTyler Johnson (Could play next year)
Joey Hishon
Griffin Reinhart
Brandon Gormley (Could play next year)
Magnus Hellberg

Massively happy with this team backed by Crosby and some of the most promising young defencemen in the league (Shattenkirk, Cowen, Gormley, Reinhart, Muzzin, Hickey). Offense is no issue with powerhouses Crosby and Vanek leading the way with potential from Penner and Leino to return to form, upside from Zibanejad, Silfverberg and Dalpe while also having two of the best offensive defensemen in the league in Ehrhoff and Shattenkirk to anchor the team. A lot of guys on the team eat minutes and there is potential for some physicality there from guys like Cowen, Penner, Kulemin, Zibanejad, Moss and even Helm chipping in physically.

Goaltending is strong too with two very good prospects and arguably the best goalie in the league this year. If Anderson can stay healthy he is a workhorse that puts up fantastic numbers.

This team will contend now, and get even better in the future.
Like your top 4 on D. In fact, your entire D is strong. Craig Anderson is a reliable goalie who is just an echelon below the top few guys. Don't like your group of forwards overall. Crosby speaks for himself, and Vanek's a good guy to have. Zibanejad is forced to play too high on your depth chart too early in his career. Same for Silfverberg.

Really like Helm and Paille on the 4th line though. That's 2/3rds of a great 4th line.

Old
03-15-2013, 02:57 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post

Ryan Malone-Nicklas Backstrom-Joffrey Lupul
Dainus Zubrus-Alex Galchenyuk-Chris Stewart
Antoine Roussel-Sean Couturier-Eric Fehr
Pierre-Cedric Labrie-Vinny Prospal-Joey Crabb

Stephane Robidas-Dustin Byfuglien
Brooks Orpik-Mike Green
Tim Erixon-John Carlson

Braden Holtby
Evgeni Nabakov

Prospects:
Filip Forsberg
Mark Jankowski
Jonathon Blum
Nikita Kucherov
Louis Leblanc
Rocco Grimaldi
Mattias Ekholm
William Karlsson
Corban Knight
Derek Forbort
Teddy Blueger
I'm not a big fan of the composition of your team. I love your top 3 centres and I think that will keep you a decent team for many years. And you've got some decent prospects. Your D are all boom or bust guys. I feel like Byfuglien and Green are both players who sometimes disappear, and sometimes for entire seasons. You wingers are similar. Guys who I just don't trust to play to their level year after year. And in goal, I'm a little bit worried about Holtby's ultimate potential, and I'm not sure how long Nabokov will be a starter.

That's nothing personal, by the way, just how I see it.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:01 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post

Alexander Ovechkin - Derek Roy - Ryane Clowe
Evander Kane - Paul Stastny - Tuomo Ruutu
Curtis Glencross - Nick Bonino - Matt Frattin
Cody McLeod - Gregory Campbell - Zenon Kopopka

Dion Phaneuf [C] - Jonas Brodin
Dennis Seidenberg - Andrew MacDonald
Dmitry Orlov - Philip Larsen

Kari Lehtonen
Anders Nilsson

Press Box: Greg Zanon/Brian Flynn

Meh.
I love Lehtonen, as long as he's healthy. Your D is good except that I'm not high on Phaneuf. Especially as a number 1. Brodin is a steal, he's gonna be awesome. Seidenberg and Macdonald should be a good pairing, and Macdonald's caphit is awesome. Don't trust Ovie or Roy to be the players they were in the past. Love the selection of Kane. Clowe's a good one, and I like your bottom two lines. Not a big fan of Stastny, especially at that cap hit.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:10 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post

D. Perron - J. Toews - R. Callahan
B. Marchand - R. O'Reilly - W. Simmonds
P. Bouchard - R. Johansen - N. Niederreiter
M. Foligno - Z. Smith - C. Coyle
B. Eager

O. Ekman-Larsson - J. Petry
R. McDonagh - W. Mitchell
M. Bourdon - M. Fistric

D. Dubnyk
J. Allen

PROSPECTS:
Q. Howden
Z. Girgensons
T. Biggs
A. Watson

You guys have no chance.
I have to admit, I like your team. Good depth throughout the line-up. Top line and second line are both really strong. Not sure about Perron as a 1st liner, he's more of a 2nd liner on an ideal team, but if that's the biggest problem with your top 6, you're doing well. Like your 4th line a lot too. Not in love with your 3rd line though. Lot's of potential there (including PMB, who may still come back well after those concussions knocked some starch from his collar). But you've got an entire line of question marks. It's unlikely they all breakthrough at the same time, in fact it's possible none of them ever do. That's the kind of gamble you're happy to take on one player, but an entire line might be a bit much.

Love your top 2 D in Ekman-Larsson and McDonagh. Not sure about Petry and whether he'll bounce back to last year's quality. Like the selection of Jake Allen, but I'm not sure about Dubnyk. Your team will be a threat every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post

MacArthur – Carter – Kessel

Hansen – Huberdeau – Jones

Calvert - Sutter – Gallagher

Torres – Cizikas – Orr

Subban – Wisniewski

Wideman – Leopold

Liles – Clitsome

Rinne

Mason

I accomplished my goal of drafting a hybrid team of competitive yet young players that will put me in a position to compete every year. I am expecting a mid round pick in this years entry draft.
You've got some amazing pieces in Rinne, Subban, and Huberdeau. Not many teams can compete with that in terms of building towards the future with a C-D-G combination of such immense potential. Like Clitsome as a 6th D as well. Don't love your other D though. I'm of the mind that Wis and Wideman are both quite overrated because they produce points. I don't think either can really do it while playing well enough defensively to be key parts of successful teams. Your 2nd line Centre and entire 3rd line look really good. Not certain about Carter and whether he'll stay as interested as he's looked so far this year. Also, having Macarthur on your top line isn't a great sign.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:13 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Hope nobody takes any offense to any of my analysis. To me it's half the fun of these drafts. If anyone has any opinions on my team, I'd love to hear them.

Old
03-15-2013, 05:42 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Hope nobody takes any offense to any of my analysis. To me it's half the fun of these drafts. If anyone has any opinions on my team, I'd love to hear them.
I agree its all fun and games!

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 05:48 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

So me and Referee were going back and forth last night with trades I appreciate him letting me take a crack at his franchise player! and I eventually came to the offer of

Huberdeau
Wideman

For

Jack Johnson
TJ Oshie

We could never get a deal done though, just wanted to know who you guys think would have won that deal

Old
03-15-2013, 06:22 AM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
So me and Referee were going back and forth last night with trades I appreciate him letting me take a crack at his franchise player! and I eventually came to the offer of

Huberdeau
Wideman

For

Jack Johnson
TJ Oshie

We could never get a deal done though, just wanted to know who you guys think would have won that deal
Wouldn't his franchise player be Jamie Benn?

This is an interesting deal. Too close to call. Personally I like Johnson a lot more than Wideman. But Huberdeau's upside is higher than Oshie, though Oshie's better now, and is a hell of a player. I don't think either side loses this one, depending on needs.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Cujomi
YNWA

No hard feelings at all...it's nice to see people contributing some flavour to the league. I'll definitely get around to writing up your team.

Quote:
Like your top 4 on D. In fact, your entire D is strong. Craig Anderson is a reliable goalie who is just an echelon below the top few guys. Don't like your group of forwards overall. Crosby speaks for himself, and Vanek's a good guy to have. Zibanejad is forced to play too high on your depth chart too early in his career. Same for Silfverberg.

Really like Helm and Paille on the 4th line though. That's 2/3rds of a great 4th line.
Yeah probably going to move Moss to the 4th line because that makes a sick 4th line...Paille - Helm - Moss. Also my defencemen under 25: Shattenkirk, Cowen, Muzzin, Hickey, Gormley and Reinhart. They're also all former first round picks except for Muzzin lol

So yeah...I'd be willing to move one or two of my top end defencemen/defensive prospects for a top end young forward given I have ridiculous depth at the blueline.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:17 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Roster
Max Pacioretty-Mikko Koivu-Justin Williams
David Booth-Mikael Granlund-Pascal Dupuis
Brett Connolly-Stephen Weiss-Jaromir Jagr
Tommy Wingels-Nate Thompson-Jack Skille
Extra: Tom Sestito

Mark Streit-Alex Pietrangelo
Ladislav Smid-David Schlemko
Alexei Emelin-Chris Tanev
Extra: Jordie Benn
Extra: Zach Redmond

Jaroslav Halak
Thomas Greiss

Prospects:

1. Evgeni Kuznetsov
2. Nicklas Jensen
3. Frankie Corrado
4. Stephane Da Costa
5. Alex Stalock
6. Anthony Camara
7. Brandon Kozun
8. Mark Dekanich

Really happy with my centres and defense. Halak is struggling which has me concerned, as Greiss is a decent back up, but is the type of player who plays 15 or so games a year max. My wingers after Pacioretty aren't great on the top 3 lines, but you have to pick a place of weakness, and I feel centre and D are more essential positions. Love my 4th line, lot's of hits and good players who drive the play. And think I got a real steal in Kuznetsov. He most likely won't play next season, but he'll make it worth the wait when he arrives. He's got special talent. Brett Connolly was another pick that I feel good about. He's got decent potential as a scorer and I was happy he was still around when I got him.
I think that your top line has great potential, Pax is an awesome player and will continue to be one for a very long time, Willams is a bit on the older side but he has shown a great ability to put shots on net this season and that will ultimately result in a substantial amount of goals. Pietrangelo is your future, hes a great player and will be on the ice all the time. Granlund is a great prospect at C position and id like to see how he progresses in the coming years having Weiss at 3C is pretty awesome too! Your goalie situation is on point as well. Aside from the lack of depth at D position this team is top 10, easily!

Old
03-15-2013, 09:44 AM
SENSations

Because I am slow, and don't know how to make a table on here I'll just make a list of my roster....

Forward Lines:
Ladd-Getzlaf-Brown
Stafford-Backes-Voracek
Whitney-Laich-Bergenheim
Dwyer-Gordon-Kaleta

(Powe)

Defensemen:
Larsson-Nikitin
Klein-Greene
Quincey-Kuba

(Brennan)

Goalies:
Bobrovsky
Theodore

Prospects:
Lehner
Bjugstad
Teravainen
Collberg
Seiloff
Bystrom
Frk
Olsen
Korpisalo
Hoffmann

SENSations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Quote:
I love Lehtonen, as long as he's healthy. Your D is good except that I'm not high on Phaneuf. Especially as a number 1. Brodin is a steal, he's gonna be awesome. Seidenberg and Macdonald should be a good pairing, and Macdonald's caphit is awesome. Don't trust Ovie or Roy to be the players they were in the past. Love the selection of Kane. Clowe's a good one, and I like your bottom two lines. Not a big fan of Stastny, especially at that cap hit.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

I feel like you're underrating Phaneuf here. Statistically speaking, Phaneuf is a top 15 dman in league like ours, when you combine his stats.

Last year Phaneuf was top 20 in pts, top 10 in power play pts, top 10 in SOG, top 10 in PIM, top 10 in hits, top 10 in TOI, top 60 in BS amongst all dmen.

This year Phaneuf is top 20 in pts, top 10 in power play pts, top 20 in SOG, top 10 in PIM, top 5 in hits, top 10 in TOI, top 60 in BS amongst all dmen.

If you check his player rating on espn fantasy player rater, you will see he has been ranked top 15 overall over the last 2 years for D.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:25 AM
caps4cup
Dynasty

When will voting be done

caps4cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:30 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
When will voting be done
good question

Old
03-15-2013, 11:54 AM
dustyrockon

Quote:
Roster
Max Pacioretty-Mikko Koivu-Justin Williams
David Booth-Mikael Granlund-Pascal Dupuis
Brett Connolly-Stephen Weiss-Jaromir Jagr
Tommy Wingels-Nate Thompson-Jack Skille
Extra: Tom Sestito

Mark Streit-Alex Pietrangelo
Ladislav Smid-David Schlemko
Alexei Emelin-Chris Tanev
Extra: Jordie Benn
Extra: Zach Redmond

Jaroslav Halak
Thomas Greiss

Prospects:

1. Evgeni Kuznetsov
2. Nicklas Jensen
3. Frankie Corrado
4. Stephane Da Costa
5. Alex Stalock
6. Anthony Camara
7. Brandon Kozun
8. Mark Dekanich

Really happy with my centres and defense. Halak is struggling which has me concerned, as Greiss is a decent back up, but is the type of player who plays 15 or so games a year max. My wingers after Pacioretty aren't great on the top 3 lines, but you have to pick a place of weakness, and I feel centre and D are more essential positions. Love my 4th line, lot's of hits and good players who drive the play. And think I got a real steal in Kuznetsov. He most likely won't play next season, but he'll make it worth the wait when he arrives. He's got special talent. Brett Connolly was another pick that I feel good about. He's got decent potential as a scorer and I was happy he was still around when I got him.

I'm a fan of your team because you have Pacioretty and Emelin. hehe however as you mentioned your main weakness would be the wing.... well only the left wing actually. I think your RW is pretty beast. Jagr on the 3rd line is awesome. Yes hes old, but he has at least 1 more 30-40 point season in him I think. Your centers are superb and your overal D is gritty with the nessasry point production as well, from streit, pietriengelo and tanev.
not a fan of your goalies, ive never been a huge fan of halak, hes injury prone, and it would appear that Allen is stepping him up this year.

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
When you guys PM me who you vote for please put the team you vote for in the title.. that would help me a lot.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

vCash: 50
There's not really any super good teams, nor is there any super bad teams. Each team has obvious strengths and weaknesses.

Dr John Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:16 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Joey, will you post which teams get votes

Thanks

Old
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Team: Detroit Red Wings

Fowards:

----LW------------Center-------------RW

Nail Yakupov-Anze Kopitar-Corey perry
Guillaume Latendresse-Brayden Schenn-Troy Brouwer
Brenden Morrow-Marcus Kruger-Chris Kreider
Richard Clune-Riley Nash-Eric Tangradi

Extra: Jordan Schroeder,Kaspars Daugavins,Justin Falk

Defencement

Justin Faulk- Ryan Murray
Andy Greene-Brendan Dillon
MAtt Irwin- Radko Gudas

Goaltender

Varlamov
MArkstrom

Prospects + Extra

Foward
Joel Armia
Dmitrij Jaskin
Danny Kristo
Matthew Nieto
Erik Haula

Defence

Jacob Trouba
Morgan Rielly

Goaltender:

John Gibson
Jon Gillies

What you think guy's of my team ?

Here's I come Mr. Stanley cup. Your all mine now.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 08:03 PM
McLovin25
Eberle=Clutch

Looksing for top 6 wingers PM me.

McLovin25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 11:09 PM
dustyrockon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
When you guys PM me who you vote for please put the team you vote for in the title.. that would help me a lot.
which position are we voting for? is cap central fully up to date, so we can scroll and make our votes?

dustyrockon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:31 AM
TBLbrian

Vote for the , or not ill take a high pick

Jeff Skinner - John Tavares - Danny Briere
Brandon Saad - Artem Anisimov - Jussi Jokinen
Alex Killorn - Paul Gaustad - Cam Atkinson
Benoit Pouliot- Wojtek Wolski - Chad Larose
John Scott

Jay Bouwmeester - Matt Carle
Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Joe Corvo
Keith Aulie - Ben Lovejoy

Henrik Lundqvist
Richard Bachman

I think this team is a solid mix of youth and vets. Lots of guys who could be huge next year. Killhorn is a top 6er in Tampa and will be next year, same thing with Atkinson. My defense is a weak point IMO but i have a few guys drafted who will come a long.

TBLbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 01:04 PM
TheBigFive

looking to move
-Mike Cammalleri
-Joni Pitkanen
-Colby Armstrong
Looking for an upgrade on my wing
PM if anyone has offers

TheBigFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 02:14 PM
reffree

Quote:
Wouldn't his franchise player be Jamie Benn?

This is an interesting deal. Too close to call. Personally I like Johnson a lot more than Wideman. But Huberdeau's upside is higher than Oshie, though Oshie's better now, and is a hell of a player. I don't think either side loses this one, depending on needs.
I'm a little late on this. I didn't did it cause I also prefer JJ to Wideman. Plus even if Huberdeau potential is sky high, he will only beat Oshie in offense stat and how many years before this offense is great enough to compensate for Oshie all arround ability? The fact Huberdeau has little help in Florida also had an impact on my decision.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote