HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2/21|Snow Free Edition|Boston Bruins @ Tampa Bay Lightning |7:30pm|NHLN, NESN, 98.5

Old
02-22-2013, 06:56 AM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
If the B's play like this consistently we aren't goi ng to lose many games. Tampa is a great team, although I think Lindback is going to be a huge weakness for them in the long haul. I'd love to see them in the playoffs.
TB is NOT a "great " team. In fact they wouldn't be kn the PO if they started now.
They have one great scorer in Stamkos, an aging St. Louis and an overrated VL.
I like Purcell though. Outside of Hedman and Brewer their d zone coverage sucks.
Lindbach?? is an average to slightly above average goalie. I see TB being a bubble PO team.

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:05 AM
remer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
DK was awesome tonight. I remember I think in the first period he stick handles away from like 3-4 lightning players before losing the puck.

Ference still stinks.

Seguin is one of my favorites but I am frustrated with him IDK WTF is wrong with him and it is making me mad seeing him struggle.

I wish Lucic would shoot more.

Horton is money against the Lightning.

Rask was good tonight however he was all over the place.

IDK why Dougie was benched I didn't really see him do anything bad.

I never thought Marchand was going to be our best forward.

The 3rd line is still crap. If they can move Kelly they should. They should also make a deal for another 3rd liner to replace Bourque and have him be a 13th forward. He hustles a lot but it just isn't working. Out of those 3 on the 3rd line I would keep Pevs.

One of the team's mostly glaring issue right now.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:09 AM
TCL40

I saw very little of this game, but agree that the third line is a glaring problem and shifting Pie to it might fix that line but then it weakens the strength of the 4th line.

Bourque isn't getting it done. They need to pick up another forward-a guy who is big and can score with a little more hockey IQ.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:23 AM
JMiller

FWIW if a single third line spot is the team's "glaring" issue, they're doing alright.

JMiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
I had a dream last night. I was watching the game on my pc when Lucic passes the puck 10 feet from the blue line. He then races forward passing the puck carrier and crosses the blue line.

I thought for sure the Bruins had traded for Blake Wheeler.

The was the last I saw of the game. I went to watch Road House instead.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:34 AM
TCL40

Quote:
FWIW if a single third line spot is the team's "glaring" issue, they're doing alright.
I wouldn't call this the "single" glaring issue. I do think it is a big issue and one that can and should be fixed.

The defense being prone to imitating Swiss Cheese is another issue.

The PP still sucks (but is sucking less than before).

Top 2 lines aren't finishing on their chances.

But the PK is absolutely awesome and going into the playoffs I would rather see my team have an amazing PK than an amazing PP (but having the amazing PK with a decent PP would be best).

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:36 AM
Roll 4 Lines
Gitchyasum!

I am absolutely flabbergasted, surprised, disgusted and downright a-scared by the amount of times Bruins players fail to finish their checks.

I count dozens of times per game when I say "bam!" expecting a hit, but then the Bruin pulls up and turns away.

I expect at least a dozen posters to point out that they're 10-2-2, but I believe this disturbing trend could prove to be problematic, come the playoffs.

*Disclaimer: Lucic is absolved of all wrong-doing regarding this matter!

Roll 4 Lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post
I am absolutely flabbergasted, surprised, disgusted and downright a-scared by the amount of times Bruins players fail to finish their checks.

I count dozens of times per game when I say "bam!" expecting a hit, but then the Bruin pulls up and turns away.

I expect at least a dozen posters to point out that they're 10-2-2, but I believe this disturbing trend could prove to be problematic, come the playoffs.

They must be going for a line change . Thornton plays like that game in game out.

I have come to the conclusion that it is not to take themselves out of the play. At the same time I thought one of the objectives of the game was to put the other guy out of the play. What happens is that they end up chasing the other guy up ice.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
DK was awesome tonight. I remember I think in the first period he stick handles away from like 3-4 lightning players before losing the puck.
He looked better tonight then he had the last 4, but I wouldn't say awesome. No where near as good as he did at first. He still lost the puck and was having issues making fairly easy/routine passes... though he connected on a few very difficult ones.

Quote:
Ference still stinks.
Bad start to the year for AF. We'll still miss him next year.

Quote:
Seguin is one of my favorites but I am frustrated with him IDK WTF is wrong with him and it is making me mad seeing him struggle.
Seguin right now seems to play the game at ones speed, full out. This is a benefit playing on the forecheck and back check, but he needs to learn to change gears in the offensive zone and find his space. He'll get it, it takes time.

Offensively and offensively only (every other part of the game they are worlds apart) his progression reminds me much of Kessel's. Straight line... go... shoot.

Quote:
I wish Lucic would shoot more.
He won't but his offensive production isn't his biggest asset. That first line looks completely different with him for a reason, he creates so much space and draws people to him. Guy is a beast and impossible to control defensively.

Quote:
Horton is money against the Lightning.
Horton is money against a lot of teams.

Quote:
Rask was good tonight however he was all over the place.
Thomas spent an entire career being all over the place. Stop the pucks and no one will care.

Quote:
IDK why Dougie was benched I didn't really see him do anything bad.
Julien being safe/smart, and that isn't a bad thing. Dougie can still learn from the bench, and with his IQ no doubt will. The main thing is the W, a happy side affect is confidence.

Quote:
I never thought Marchand was going to be our best forward.
Marchand having an off playoff last year was one of the biggest issues with this team last year imo. When this kid is on the Bruins are near untouchable. I think people really underestimate his importance to this team.

Quote:
The 3rd line is still crap. If they can move Kelly they should. They should also make a deal for another 3rd liner to replace Bourque and have him be a 13th forward. He hustles a lot but it just isn't working. Out of those 3 on the 3rd line I would keep Pevs.
Meh, it is what it is. Bourque has been playing very very well lately but actually seems to be doing it all himself. Lots of time to fix it though and if that's Boston's biggest issue things are alright.

There should be quite a few options to potentially acquire at the deadline. My hope is they can get a big guy with size there. Maybe an Antropov, Penner, Morrow, etc... They could go back to the well and try to snag a guy like Ryder, but wouldn't mind seeing Ray Whitney there for his skill (although he doesn't fit the size thing, but the skill more then makes up for it).

Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:21 AM
whatsbruin

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Hahah Horton... poor guy... he should have had that goal...he was dragged down with an open net..
Shouldn't this be an automatic goal,
or a penalty shot with no goalie ?

No one between Horton and the goal, and he gets tripped.

whatsbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned but on the Tampa Bay Feed last night they had an interview with Phil Esposito and man is he still bitter about the Bruins.

They asked him about the Bruins and he said that he has no loyalty to the Bruins. He said that he took less money to stay with the Bruins (instead of going to the WHA) and then they traded him a few weeks later.

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
Shouldn't this be an automatic goal,
or a penalty shot with no goalie ?

No one between Horton and the goal, and he gets tripped.
Yeah I think he got robbed there.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:31 AM
CamFan81
Derp

anyone have a vid of the Chara Conacher penalty, trying to finish off a debate about incident.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:38 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
Agreed

ODAAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:19 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll 4 Lines View Post

They are winning and not playing Bruins hockey (physical wise). I don't get it either, but maybe this is part of the "shortened season plan".. They refuse to engage anyone physically now... and rarely hit like they used to... Thankfully Claude's system can cover many of the warts on this team, but they are going to need to ramp up the intensity at some point.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:02 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Didn't get to watch the game since I was flying home.. Glad to see they picked up the win, looked good in the highlights.

Hamilton still got two points with 10 minutes of ice time, not bad. He would have had 4 if he didn't get benched!

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Budddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned but on the Tampa Bay Feed last night they had an interview with Phil Esposito and man is he still bitter about the Bruins.

They asked him about the Bruins and he said that he has no loyalty to the Bruins. He said that he took less money to stay with the Bruins (instead of going to the WHA) and then they traded him a few weeks later.
he has been bitter for a number of years and I have heard him say it before...just comes across as a bitter old man...

Budddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:26 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Does anyone else think that Lucic is the most underrated passer in the NHL? Nobody thinks of him as a playmaker but he can really pass the puck when he wants to.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
Does anyone else think that Lucic is the most underrated passer in the NHL? Nobody thinks of him as a playmaker but he can really pass the puck when he wants to.
I wouldn't say most underrated passer.... but to me he showed he was a play maker last year when Horton was injured and Krejci was MIA. He took over that line. The guy figured out how to use his size to carry the puck across the blue line and was making some terrific passes to set people up... just didn't have anyone to finish the plays.

hoss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Shaun
beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Didn't get to watch the game since I was flying home.. Glad to see they picked up the win, looked good in the highlights.

Hamilton still got two points with 10 minutes of ice time, not bad. He would have had 4 if he didn't get benched!
clode's ruining him

no i'm not serious

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:48 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
I wouldn't say most underrated passer.... but to me he showed he was a play maker last year when Horton was injured and Krejci was MIA. He took over that line. The guy figured out how to use his size to carry the puck across the blue line and was making some terrific passes to set people up... just didn't have anyone to finish the plays.
he threaded the needle to Krecji and Horton several times last night on passes that looked like they could have come from one of the best playmakers in the league. There's not much flashy about his game, but he really has underrated vision.

RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 11:39 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorr04 View Post
good night ladyfan!
thanks !

02-22-2013, 11:43 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
You do realize Horton was going for the trick, right?
...and Looch is looking very good out there.

Ladyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
...and Looch is looking very good out there.
That line played great. I don't have a clue what the OP is complaining about, unless I missed the sarcasm.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
They are winning and not playing Bruins hockey (physical wise). I don't get it either, but maybe this is part of the "shortened season plan".. They refuse to engage anyone physically now... and rarely hit like they used to... Thankfully Claude's system can cover many of the warts on this team, but they are going to need to ramp up the intensity at some point.
Refuse to engage anyone physically? Say what?

I have no idea anymore about who is or isn't serious. I blame DKH.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote