HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

What to do with Regier?

View Poll Results: What to do with Regier?
Fire him now! 24 25.00%
Fire if they do not make the playoffs at end of season 25 26.04%
Keep him 47 48.96%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-23-2013, 12:47 AM
Coconut Head
Was Pouncebounce

vCash: 500
I've hated Darcy for the longest time, but it seems that whenever I'm fully on the fire Darcy bandwagon, he does something that amazes me. His recent trades have been fantastic, Hodge and Goose already mentioned. I could go either way, I hate how he sits on his moves (also previously mentioned) and he could be swept up in this wave of change. Yet again, he recognized the problem and took it upon himself to fire his best buddy, which no one saw coming...

It's really conflicting

Coconut Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 03:49 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouncebounce View Post
I've hated Darcy for the longest time, but it seems that whenever I'm fully on the fire Darcy bandwagon, he does something that amazes me. His recent trades have been fantastic, Hodge and Goose already mentioned. I could go either way, I hate how he sits on his moves (also previously mentioned) and he could be swept up in this wave of change. Yet again, he recognized the problem and took it upon himself to fire his best buddy, which no one saw coming...

It's really conflicting
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any dumber. You go out and do something like this?

AND TOOOOOOAAAAAATTTTTTTTTLLLYYY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:16 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Just when I thought you couldn't possibly get any dumber. You go out and do something like this?

AND TOOOOOOAAAAAATTTTTTTTTLLLYYY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!
Has nothing to do with this Thread, but I love drunk/high/lack of sleep (at least I hope thats the case) jbuds.

keep up the good work my friend.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Freezerburn

He should have been let go prior to the start of the season. I think he dropped the ball this summer in a huge way by trading an offensive center for a 3rd line winger. I liked the trade at the time because I thought that Roy had worn out his welcome to a degree and needed a change of scenery but there needed to be a secondary followup trade or FA signing to bring more offense to the team.

Hodgson is basically the only center on the roster and he is a 2nd year defensively questionable player.

Freezerburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Royisgone

Will Regier Be Fired Today?

As bad as things have been going, it all felt different after the Winnipeg game. It was even worse than normal.

The Ruff I heard in the post-game PC seemed utterly beaten, lifeless, confused, and frankly, ready to leave out of exasperation if nothing else.

The next day I woke up and did something I have never done before: check online immediately to see if any news had come down about a Ruff firing. Nothing.

I then checked later in mid-afternoon. Still nothing.

Then I had GR-55 on and they announced Ruff was fired shortly after 3pm as I recall.

I honestly had a gut feeling that maybe, something weird was going to happen that day. It was much stronger than normal.

I got a similar feeling after last night's loss. As one poster mentioned, the game could be interpreted as a watershed moment in the franchise and could mean Regier is fired this afternoon.

A significant development has already occurred post-Ruff. The team has amply demonstrated that Ruff was not the only problem and his firing is not going to substantially improve this team's play in the short term.

We didn't know that last week when Ruff was removed. Now we do.

Is Darcy next? And if so, is he fired TODAY? In the next few days?

If we go 0 for the FL trip, is he gone then?

Is it possible he has already been told he will not be back next year, but that the team would like him to ride out the storm with this sinking ship until they can line up the next guy at season's end?

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 08:35 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
I imagine if/when they miss or are eliminated from making the playoffs he might be relieved of his duty. I hope it is soon though so a guy can evaluate the team a little before the deadline. Jarmo would have been a great pick up

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote