HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Panthers your team could steal

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 09:08 AM
Heimy

vCash: 500
Panthers your team could steal

Based on the way kittycat camp is progressing it looks like these players will be shopped rather than lost thru waivers. If interested, what would you offer for them?

Denis Shvidki...this highly skilled euro is not a Keenan favorite. Dudley would likely protect him rather than lose him for nothing but there might not be a better time to swipe him for cheap and laugh later.

Niklas Hagman...he's been outplayed thruout camp. It's not that he isn't a solid contributor but that others have surprised and passed him on the depth chart.

Ivan Novoseltsev...this speedy winger could be had for a song. He'll likely go on the waiver wire unless some GM steps up with a pick.

Hurry, supplies are limited. Call 1-800 FIRESALE and make your offers today! :p

Old
09-23-2003, 09:10 AM
Peter Griffin

The most you'd get is a 3rd round pick for any one of them, methinks.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:10 AM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1250
I was just reading that at Spectors.I'm sure they can find a market for all 3 of those players considering they're not overly high paid and still young.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:17 AM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

I still think Shvidki could work out and I've always liked Hagman.

I hate to say "I told you so," but only a few weeks ago FLA fans were insisting they were about to get Parrish for Novo. Now, you'll be luck to get anything.

09-23-2003, 09:19 AM
balddog66

Now the Hoglund signing doesn't look as good...

Old
09-23-2003, 09:24 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by balddog66
Now the Hoglund signing doesn't look as good...
Did it ever look good?

Old
09-23-2003, 09:25 AM
Evilo

Shvidki could get at most a late second rounder.
Novo a late third.
Hagman a 4th.

That said, I would like to see what Shvidki can do outside Miami.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:26 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

The Stars are low on potential top 6 scoring forwards, I'd be all over it if Shvidki could be had for a pick. Low risk deal..

Old
09-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilo
Shvidki could get at most a late second rounder.
Novo a late third.
Hagman a 4th.

That said, I would like to see what Shvidki can do outside Miami.
Three good players. I don't think that any team (If they're not 100% sold on him) would give up a 2nd rounder for Shvidki as he hasn't proven enough yet, he could bring in some nice player return though.

If Florida loses all three by either trading or letting them go by waivers there is a good chance that at least one of them is going to come back and bite them in the ass, most likely Shvidki who could hit it big and become a star, but then again maybe he won't.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:39 AM
evildreams

vCash:
i think this situation is both great and inevitable for FLA. these 3 have been marginal players with minimal contribution who are being made expendable by the emergence of better players; this is a GOOD sign.

personally, i wouldn't mind keeping novo as our 4th line center, but seeing as we have guys like: stewart, kolnik, horton, samuelsson, bednar, bure, and kozlov fighting for time on the right side, there's little reason to place ivan ahead of those guys. ivan worked his ass off last season at both ends, but the fact is better players are emerging.

on the hagman front, i still think he should make the team as a 3rd liner, teamed up w/ nilson(c) and samuelsson(rw); 3 hard-working scandinavians w/ relative skilled. i mean, let's be real for a second, FLA is not deep on LW, so making nik immediately expendable IMO is stupid. the only two items which will see hags in europe next season is our idiotic need for a goon (lw, hordichuk) and insisting that a vet who can play d instead be used sparingly as a 4th/3rd line lw (lw, e.messier).

for shvidki, personally, i think kolnik has done more in the ahl and with his miniscule opportunity in the nhl and camp to pass denis. aside from injuries, denis has really done little to nothing in nhl time given to him, has done nothing in this year's camp (his most important yet), and he was merely average last season in the minors; oh yeah, and he makes over $1 mil.? wtf is up w/ that? i only protect him if he takes a pay cut, nothing less.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:43 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildreams
for shvidki, personally, i think kolnik has done more in the ahl and with his miniscule opportunity in the nhl and camp to pass denis. aside from injuries, denis has really done little to nothing in nhl time given to him, has done nothing in this year's camp (his most important yet), and he was merely average last season in the minors; oh yeah, and he makes over $1 mil.? wtf is up w/ that? i only protect him if he takes a pay cut, nothing less.
Kolnik is a player I really think can surprise people in the future (if not yet) he has something, I can't pinpoint what but he has something that makes him look like a star sometimes.

Old
09-23-2003, 09:48 AM
evildreams

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattihp
Kolnik is a player I really think can surprise people in the future (if not yet) he has something, I can't pinpoint what but he has something that makes him look like a star sometimes.
i completely agree; if he ever gets a real opportunity, he'll be very impressive

Old
09-23-2003, 09:56 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
for hagman, i think he'd look fantastic in either colorado or nashville...

Old
09-23-2003, 10:21 AM
officeglen

I think Florida fans missed a big opportunity to torture the fans of other teams, via package deal proposals like:

Denis Shvidki, Niklas Hagman and Ivan Novoseltsev for:

1) VCR’s Bryan Allen (DVD’s Bryan Allen more expensive, but extra bonus features)

Stock replies:
"but we are giving you THREE players for a project"
"you can never have enough depth players" (a Canuck fan used this on Hawks fans a month or two ago)
"no, we don't want Ruttu back"

2) Oily Comrie

Stock replies:
“But you get the D back you always wanted”
“Sure you have excess wingers, but they are really cheap”
“Okay, you can have Weiss too, just let Keenan get Dudley really drunk one night, then phone”

3) Wildly Gaborik

Stock replies:
“but his trade value is way down since the Wild can’t sign him”
“Jacques Lemarie can turn just about anybody into a superstar”
“Gaborik has already peaked and is so overrated, just like that 5’9 Havlat”

Old
09-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
Based on the way kittycat camp is progressing it looks like these players will be shopped rather than lost thru waivers. If interested, what would you offer for them?

Denis Shvidki...this highly skilled euro is not a Keenan favorite. Dudley would likely protect him rather than lose him for nothing but there might not be a better time to swipe him for cheap and laugh later.

Niklas Hagman...he's been outplayed thruout camp. It's not that he isn't a solid contributor but that others have surprised and passed him on the depth chart.

Ivan Novoseltsev...this speedy winger could be had for a song. He'll likely go on the waiver wire unless some GM steps up with a pick.

Hurry, supplies are limited. Call 1-800 FIRESALE and make your offers today! :p
If what you're saying is true, why would a team go and give up some asset for any of these players if they can take a shot at one of them in the waiver draft? Yes I know that another team could step up and get the player ahead of another team, but why lose an asset for a player you could possibly get for only a contract.

Old
09-23-2003, 11:35 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora's box
for hagman, i think he'd look fantastic in either colorado or nashville...
was just gonna say it, we'll deal the Avs 4th and a prospect for Nik Hagman...

Old
09-23-2003, 11:58 AM
Heimy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
If what you're saying is true, why would a team go and give up some asset for any of these players if they can take a shot at one of them in the waiver draft? Yes I know that another team could step up and get the player ahead of another team, but why lose an asset for a player you could possibly get for only a contract.

I think you've answered your own question Kritty. If a GM has had his eyes on one of the aforementioned players and senses that player might be available on waivers, why would he stand in line hoping the player will fall to him when he can pony up and snag him without the risk?

Old
09-23-2003, 12:03 PM
Captain8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty
These players' fates are almost certainly linked to the ongoing evaluation of Horton and Stewart as well the Panthers' ability to sign them. Should something fall through the cracks during the next couple of weeks, the waiver scenario may no longer apply. But there's no disputing that the price for their services has dropped.

I just wonder when Dudley will wake up and realize that players like Hoglund and Bure are unlikely to figure into any plans beyond this year.

Old
09-23-2003, 12:49 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

I think that there would be several teams interested in aquiring those 3.

Pittsburgh would be a nice fit for all of them.

Old
09-23-2003, 01:13 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
I think that there would be several teams interested in aquiring those 3.

Pittsburgh would be a nice fit for all of them.
Confession time: I have predicted on a number of occassions that Shvidki would get his act together and be a major asset for FLA.

Old
09-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy
I think you've answered your own question Kritty. If a GM has had his eyes on one of the aforementioned players and senses that player might be available on waivers, why would he stand in line hoping the player will fall to him when he can pony up and snag him without the risk?
But there is a risk. A GM will be giving up an asset, and in this case it sounds like something somewhat of value, for a player that may or may not pan out. Unless a GM is liking a player that much that he would risk losing an asset, then I say wait until the waiver draft. I know that a pick or prospect is also a risk but those players are in all likelihood younger than Shvidki and company so why not stick with the younger talent and see how they pan out. I just don't see the point in giving up a similar talent that you already have for a player that is a risk. I guess it just depends on the individual situation. I know the Flames for one would probably be interested in someone like Shvidki or Novoseltsev depending on the asking price. Both players were tabbed as scoring threats but haven't panned out. Maybe they just need a more open style like in the West.

Old
09-23-2003, 02:09 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Confession time: I have predicted on a number of occassions that Shvidki would get his act together and be a major asset for FLA.

i competely agree

Old
09-23-2003, 03:55 PM
loveshack2

Im not completely sold on Novo or Shvidki, but I think Hagman would look nice on almost any team in the league. Good attitude, good work ethic.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:48 PM
Clash*

While I see the Cats lettin Shvidki and Novo go easily, I don't see them lettin Hagman go as quickly. Yeah, he got injured recently, hurtin his chances of stickin with the team, but thay've talked about him movin to the right side, where he could replace Novo on the fourth line. With players like Nedorost and Weiss eligible for San Antonio still, and the most like end scenario bein bouth Horton and Stewart go back to juniors, I can see a rotation of Samuelsson, Messier, and Hagman for thirdline left wing and fourth line right wing, with Messier playin the occasional D.

Old
09-23-2003, 04:55 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
While I see the Cats lettin Shvidki and Novo go easily, I don't see them lettin Hagman go as quickly. Yeah, he got injured recently, hurtin his chances of stickin with the team, but thay've talked about him movin to the right side, where he could replace Novo on the fourth line. With players like Nedorost and Weiss eligible for San Antonio still, and the most like end scenario bein bouth Horton and Stewart go back to juniors, I can see a rotation of Samuelsson, Messier, and Hagman for thirdline left wing and fourth line right wing, with Messier playin the occasional D.

i can't see hagman going anywhere...

Closed Thread