HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 6 Line Switch Up

Old
02-20-2013, 09:48 AM
Werd

vCash: 500
Top 6 Line Switch Up

Since our top 6 has been struggling at 5 on 5 and one person on each of those lines look like the odd man out. I propose these lines

Hall-RNH-Yakupov

Eberle-Gagner-Hemsky

Last edited by Werd: 02-20-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Werd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:55 AM
RisingSun

vCash: 50
I like it, but I'm not sure if Hemsky will move to left wing.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Soundwave

Eberle can play either side IMO, it's not like he's producing on the right side right now anyway.

I'd try it for 3-4 games, why not. The thing is if you're going to do this you have to stick with it for a few games, Yakupov isn't likely to have instant chemistry with Hall/RNH because he doesn't know their tendencies without the puck as much as Eberle does so it will take a little time.

Soundwave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:18 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd View Post
Since our top 6 has been struggling at 5 on 5 and one person on each of those lines look like the odd man out. I propose these lines

Hall-RNH-Yakupov

Hemsky-Gagner-Eberle
I'm interested to see how the lottery line would play.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
I'm interested to see how the lottery line would play.
I think they would do great... Plus that NAME.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:27 AM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Yup, try it for a few.

Honestly, what's the worst that can happen?

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Crobby

Put Eberle on the left side and i like it. He plays there on the PP and Hemsky has been flying down the right side so far this year. Might open Ebs up for a one-timer too.

The Lottery Line sounds interesting. Why not see what they can do

Crobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Yup, try it for a few.

Honestly, what's the worst that can happen?
Team's seem to be on the look out for Nugent-Hopkins right to left backdoor sauce passes to Eberle. Having Yakupov set up on the right for his one timer will give an entirely different look to the first line.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:45 AM
torcidasplit

i would try something like this for 3 lines, no one get demoted, roll 3 lines evenly, if one line is playing great play them more..Spread out the offense a bit and ad some size to each line...

eager hopkins eberle, eager could open the ice a bit with some body checks and has speed. protects nuge and eberle a bit
paajarvi gagner hemsky paajarvi can keep up and play good defensively, gagner and hemsky have some chemistry
hall belanger yakupov belanger plays good defensively and let hall and yakupov run with it offensively

torcidasplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by torcidasplit View Post
i would try something like this for 3 lines, no one get demoted, roll 3 lines evenly, if one line is playing great play them more..Spread out the offense a bit and ad some size to each line...

eager hopkins eberle, eager could open the ice a bit with some body checks and has speed. protects nuge and eberle a bit
paajarvi gagner hemsky paajarvi can keep up and play good defensively, gagner and hemsky have some chemistry
hall belanger yakupov belanger plays good defensively and let hall and yakupov run with it offensively

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Johnny Bravo
Fired Up

Quote:

Krueger would put Dubnyk as a center men before he would roll those lines.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Vagabond

vCash: 596
Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
I'd like to see 3 scoring lines with 1 big body on each top 3 line. Mixing grit with some hustle and bustle might be what the doctor ordered for the ailing offense and chemistry that is lacking.

Eager - Hall - Yakupov
Eager has been playing good hockey this season. Has a large frame and is a speedy skater. He can do all the grunt work digging in the corners while creating havok in front of the net. I think Hall is a centerman and its about time to test that out. Not much to lose concidering nothing else is working and the Oilers cannot do any worse on the dot!

Jones - Hopkins - Hemsky
Again, this line has speed with a mix of hustle and net crashing with Jones.

Paajarvi - Gagner - Eberle
Not a knock to Gagner, he's been great this season.. but when the team cannot score, the lines need to be changed with the scoring spread out. A slight knock to Eberle but I see that as justified judging by his play the last few games.

Smyth - Belanger - Hartikainen
Typical 4th line. Smyth cant play top minutes anymore but can now play a specialty role; killing penaltyies and leadership.

These lines are made for scoring depth. The top 3 lines share the same amount of minutes unless one or two lines catch fire.. then you reward those lines with more icetime. Now teams cant focus on shutting the offense down on one or two lines.

Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 08:52 PM
JMecc
#FireLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werd View Post

Hall-RNH-Yakupov

Eberle-Gagner-Hemsky
I like Yak with Nuge. That combo sounds deadly and still leaves Ebs to run with another line.

JMecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:05 PM
ExOilerFan

Hall/Gagner/Hemsky
Yak/RNH/Eberle
PRV/Belanger/Harti
Smyth/Vande Velde/Eager

ExOilerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:12 PM
JaredCowenFan
Erik Karlsson Fan

I like it. I've wanted to see Hall and Yakupov together for a while now. In yesterday's game I felt sorry for Hallsy when noone could keep up with him. That'll be a different story with Yaky and RNH can set em' up. Hemmer to the Left Side and Ebs to the Right Side though.

Could definetly not hurt to switch things up.

I'd like the line-up VS. Minny to be:

Hall-RNH-Yakupov
Hemsky-Gagner-Eberle
Paajarvi-Belanger-Hartikainen
Eager-Smyth-Petrell

I'd switch it up and get Vande Velde in there if Petrell isn't ready to go though. And as for the Defence:

N. Schultz-J.Schultz
Fistric-Petry
Whitney-Smid

Dubey in net.

JaredCowenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:19 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

Yakupov-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Hartikainen-Paajarvi-Eager
Petrell-Belanger-Vande Velde/Smyth

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Baggers

I wouldn't mind seeing Gagner and Hemsky being promoted to the top line to play with Hall.

Might do RNH and Eberle some good to play against weaker lines 5 on 5, while still getting time on the PP.

I also wouldnt mind MP getting a top 6 spot to see what he can do.

Hall - Gagner - Hemsky
Paajarvi - Nuge - Eberle

Baggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 10:04 PM
lampshade*

Quote:

Very interesting points. I might throw Horc centering the second line. Him and paajarvi would be a great cycling duo down low and we all know Hemskys laser beam from the high slot. That would leave Hall Gagner Yakupov for the third line.

lampshade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:33 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
I'd like to see 3 scoring lines with 1 big body on each top 3 line. Mixing grit with some hustle and bustle might be what the doctor ordered for the ailing offense and chemistry that is lacking.

Eager - Hall - Yakupov
Eager has been playing good hockey this season. Has a large frame and is a speedy skater. He can do all the grunt work digging in the corners while creating havok in front of the net. I think Hall is a centerman and its about time to test that out. Not much to lose concidering nothing else is working and the Oilers cannot do any worse on the dot!

Jones - Hopkins - Hemsky
Again, this line has speed with a mix of hustle and net crashing with Jones.

Paajarvi - Gagner - Eberle
Not a knock to Gagner, he's been great this season.. but when the team cannot score, the lines need to be changed with the scoring spread out. A slight knock to Eberle but I see that as justified judging by his play the last few games.

Smyth - Belanger - Hartikainen
Typical 4th line. Smyth cant play top minutes anymore but can now play a specialty role; killing penaltyies and leadership.

These lines are made for scoring depth. The top 3 lines share the same amount of minutes unless one or two lines catch fire.. then you reward those lines with more icetime. Now teams cant focus on shutting the offense down on one or two lines.
I like your idea, but I'd much rather you switch Jones with Hartikainen. I love seeing Hartikainen fish the puck out of the corners and punish people along the boards.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:38 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:

You're CRAZY! CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!!

I'd love to watch those lines.

Yes, Eager can do grunt work for Hopkins and Eberle. Whenever Hall, Hopkins and Eberle have played together Hall has ended up being more of a playmaker by accident.

Yes, Hemsky and Gagner have chemistry and Hemsky likes to hold onto the puck too much and that kinda hurts Yakupov's chances are producing at times. You could switch MPS with Hartikainen, but that's pretty much splitting hairs.

My lord... Yakupov and Hall between Belanger? MY lord you're a very crazy man! VERY CRAZY! So crazy, that I'd love to see that line. Belanger wins the face-off and the puck goes back to Schultz. Before the puck even comes to Schultz Hall and Yakupov are pretty much at the offensive blueline ready to catch the opposition on an odd man rush. Pass, shoot score. Fake pass, shoot score. Shoot score. I'd love that line.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Oiltankjob Fail

Hall Eberle
RNH Yakupov
Gagner Hemsky

Hall loves to control puck and rush so does Hemsky Eberle likes to snipe. RNH needs to control puck Yak is a sniper .(RNH) I think him being with Hall hinders his game in this manner . Gagner and Hemsky have good Chemistry Fill in wingers . this gives us 3 scoring lines play them 17/ 18 min a night each

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:09 AM
Spawn

I like how it looks. I think we need to break up Eberle and RNH just to see if it lights a fire under them to play better. Those two are not carrying their weight on that line with Hall. Maybe if we get them separated they wont have each other to lean on.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:21 AM
YAKUGOD
BELIEVE.

imagine the speed on that lottery line.

YAKUGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:29 AM
Baby Nilsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Hall Eberle
RNH Yakupov
Gagner Hemsky

Hall loves to control puck and rush so does Hemsky Eberle likes to snipe. RNH needs to control puck Yak is a sniper .(RNH) I think him being with Hall hinders his game in this manner . Gagner and Hemsky have good Chemistry Fill in wingers . this gives us 3 scoring lines play them 17/ 18 min a night each
I'd rather see these lines. All three have a transporter in RNH Hall and Hemsky.

Baby Nilsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Nilsson View Post
I'd rather see these lines. All three have a transporter in RNH Hall and Hemsky.
Yes it does and gives a scoring threat on all 3 lines .Rnh needs to be transporting ,not being set up for shots from hall Who is in playmaker mode this season.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote