Notices

Schedule Question

Old
02-21-2013, 08:13 AM
SPV
Zoinks!

vCash: 500
Schedule Question

This is probably a foolish question, but I've seen lots worse on here over the past ten years!!

Anyway, why is it that early in the year, the Bruins always seem to have less games played than anyone else in the league? I was looking at the standings and we have 13 games played, least in the league, and even taking into account that we had a game cancelled, that would still put as at 14, still the least in the league.

It seems like this happens all the time, is there a legitimate scheduling reason for it; or am I just remembering wrong.

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPV View Post
This is probably a foolish question, but I've seen lots worse on here over the past ten years!!

Anyway, why is it that early in the year, the Bruins always seem to have less games played than anyone else in the league? I was looking at the standings and we have 13 games played, least in the league, and even taking into account that we had a game cancelled, that would still put as at 14, still the least in the league.

It seems like this happens all the time, is there a legitimate scheduling reason for it; or am I just remembering wrong.
I`m claiming conspiracy

Not an educated guess but it`s all I got at this time of day

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:21 AM
TCL40

I think the Bruins almost always seem to have fewer games early in the season, and then have a brutal month later in the season (although nothing like March in the short season).

My guess is there is nothing intentional in it, and that it is likely the fact that TD Garden is a high demand venue and they play a lot of teams with high demand venues. I think it is just how things work around all the other stuff going on.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 09:35 AM
smithformeragent

Send a message via AIM to smithformeragent
Wouldn't apply to this season, but didn't they almost always start on the road because of the circus? But yea, between the postponed TB game, and a couple other nights off, they've had a light schedule.

Having said that, Khodobin better be ready to play some games come March.