HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Teams have inquired about Tim Connolly

Old
02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
Kabs netted a first with similar money and not the best performance at the time as a rental. Just saying if Connolly were pacing for 40-50 pts he gets you a first even in contract year.
Fair enough man. I really would love any draft pick for him

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Fair enough man. I really would love any draft pick for him
Same here just pulling for a second, actually i hope he gets back in does great then gets dumped at deadline.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:44 PM
BertCorbeau

.. I can see Calgary trading for him, they've got injuries down the middle and are desperately trying to make a push for the playoffs

TC for Calgary's 2nd rounder and I'm laughing .. A third would be good .. I'd take a 4th and not complain

BertCorbeau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Crazy View Post
He passed through waivers... does this mean we would take back some salary in return?
if he gets picked up on re entry waivers the leafs are on the hook for half his salary which wouldn't really matter to you guys. unless that was changed in the new cba

dredeye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
if he gets picked up on re entry waivers the leafs are on the hook for half his salary which wouldn't really matter to you guys. unless that was changed in the new cba
I dont think re entry applies to him now.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:50 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
.. I can see Calgary trading for him, they've got injuries down the middle and are desperately trying to make a push for the playoffs

TC for Calgary's 2nd rounder and I'm laughing .. A third would be good .. I'd take a 4th and not complain
IMO the leafs won't get anything in return. It's likely a call saying if you call him up we"ll pluck him off of waivers for you. It's simply a "we can say you 2 million if you want" If teams have called that means he would be taken off of waivers.

Old
02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
IMO the leafs won't get anything in return. It's likely a call saying if you call him up we"ll pluck him off of waivers for you. It's simply a "we can say you 2 million if you want" If teams have called that means he would be taken off of waivers.
FTR : Under the new CBA recallable waivers as previous has been removed and does no longer exist.

02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
JVR and Lupul are like Marbles are to Brains. Like, they are hockey players but very different. Grabo plays against Staal, Stamkos, Crosby etc...What the heck you think happens there?
Who said they are the same ?

Yeah Grabo can play D but he is not a play maker, Bozak is more of one. Not too hard to grasp really. Hope you find your marbles soon.

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:56 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post

Yeah Grabo can play D but he is not a play maker, Bozak is more of one. Not too hard to grasp really. Hope you find your marbles soon.
Lol, better playmaker then Bozak ona bad day. Kessel and Lupul are the Magic, Bozak is Robin lol

Old
02-21-2013, 03:58 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
But he is better with room overall, if they want someone who can task that they should trade for someone and let grabo have more space.
I agree, but right now I think that this is an adjustment period for Grabo. Once he gets rolling he'll be an excelent shut-down guy as well as someon that will burn you on offense.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 03:59 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Re-entry was eliminated.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:04 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post

What makes Bozak such a good play-maker? Do you actually watch him play? 90% of the time he makes an obvious pass to Kessel that is also very bad. He doesn't create anything for his line, if he was such a good play-maker then Kessel would have more than 3 goals. Not to hard to grasp really.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:09 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
What makes Bozak such a good play-maker? Do you actually watch him play? 90% of the time he makes an obvious pass to Kessel that is also very bad. He doesn't create anything for his line, if he was such a good play-maker then Kessel would have more than 3 goals. Not to hard to grasp really.
You see the same Bozak i see.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Sproo

Quote:
Then following your logic Bozak was an exceptional playmaker last year, with a lower ppg to boot!

I don't think he is an amazing play-maker, but nor do I think he is terrible. But I do think we are a worse team without him in our line-up.

Sproo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:15 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Ya I like Bozie but he really isnt a good playmaker at all. Hes a hard worker and meshes witha great sniper in kessel. Getting assists playing with Kessel doesnt cancel outside his stone hands, imo.

Old
02-21-2013, 04:18 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post

Calgary logic tells us it could be a 1st though. So you never know.....

I think that if you get anything in return, you need help at the AHL level for the rest of the season. I don't think its fair to rob Eakins of every player that he has and then say, good luck to you. He has done a marvelous job with what he has, but in return of Connolly, I would ask for a guy like Krys Kolanos and a pick. He's doing a decent enough job at the AHL level and he's a UFA at seasons end.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Phelan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT83 View Post
I'd love to get a 3rd for Timmy - turns into a 2nd if he resigns.
I don't think you can alter a trade based on whether a player retires or not...

Phelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:20 PM
MakeTheIronSing

Quote:
Connolly is a perfectly fine hockey player who was performing great then got injured.
Which time, on which team and which injury are you talking about.

People knock guys on there team that have a pattern of injuries, but Tim Connolly has probably spent as much time injured as he has healthy in his career, its a rare quality to become a millionaire these days from being unable to preform the job you are hired to do.

In many ways, I tip my cap to Tim Connolly for being able to trick enough people into thinking he is an actual hockey player. On the other hand, I continue to feel my blood boil at the sound of his name.

There's nothing more I hate than a lazy hockey player because of how many people get passed up on this league that have dedicated their lives to playing and will never even sniff the pros.

MakeTheIronSing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Sproo

Stone hands?

Last edited by Sproo: 02-21-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Sproo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 04:35 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproo View Post
Stone hands?

I'm sure I could pull a beauty from johnny mitchell too, does he have good offensive accumen then too?

Old
02-21-2013, 05:09 PM
BlueMapleDawg

A million bucks says he gets traded at the deadline for the eventual Cup winners.

It's the Leafs way.

BlueMapleDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Federko

Quote:
Originally Posted by leugangen View Post
I'd much rather have Connolly on the third line than Orr. What a joke.

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Federko

With all the Timmy C. fans...you have to honestly think of it this way: Timmy C. wasen't good enough for a rebuilding hockey franchise that needs leadership and doesn't even have a top six centre (Grabs is not a top 6 centre in my opinion..neither is bozak) ... the role was his for the taking. Burke signed him with hopes that he'd be a 2 year filler as our number one centre between kessel and lupul...and he failed miserably.

Two coaches did not trust Timmy enough with a top six role. Wilson had him playing bottom line minutes and Carlyle sent him to the minors. If we get more than a 4th round draft pick for Timmy we should all be jumping for joy.....

Federko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
FTR : Under the new CBA recallable waivers as previous has been removed and does no longer exist.
thanks Mess. I dind't realize that. Not 100% up to date on the changes.

Old
02-21-2013, 05:42 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproo View Post
Then following your logic Bozak was an exceptional playmaker last year, with a lower ppg to boot!

I don't think he is an amazing play-maker, but nor do I think he is terrible. But I do think we are a worse team without him in our line-up.
He's not terrible and would probably be better on a different line, but he does make very obvious passes to Kessel and he creates almost nothing for his line, to try and pass him off as being a much better play-maker than Grabo is ridiculous.