Notices

Article: The Rebuild Begins. With That, A New Hope

Old
04-04-2013, 07:05 PM
Caged Great

vCash: 500
Article: The Rebuild Begins. With That, A New Hope

Quote:
The most important week in the entire history of the Calgary Flames concluded yesterday at 1 PM local time. The face of the franchise is now playing for Pittsburgh. The best defenseman on the team is now a Blue. Even Blake Comeau was moved over to Columbus. There has been some debate over what we received, verses the perceived value of those players, however, the return is somewhat besides the point. The most important thing is that a new chapter has begun.

The Calgary Flames are in a strange situation as they pretty much have a blank slate from which to start building a new team. The plan moving forward from today will determine both how long this rebuild will be and whether or not it was done properly. To evaluate how to rebuild this team properly, one has to look at the teams that rebuilt their team successfully and how each of them achieved that.
The rest of the article is here

http://www.firesidechat.ca/2013/04/0...at-a-new-hope/

Let me know what you think?

Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:12 PM
CoRD
@HawnzDynasty

vCash: 50
Great article.

Side note: How the hell did Pittsburgh get Letang in the 3rd round?! They walked out of there with Crosby and Letang with no 2nd rounder.

Man, if we can do something similar with our 3 possible 1st rd picks we will be in good shape down the road.

CoRD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:30 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Great article.

Side note: How the hell did Pittsburgh get Letang in the 3rd round?! They walked out of there with Crosby and Letang with no 2nd rounder.

Man, if we can do something similar with our 3 possible 1st rd picks we will be in good shape down the road.
Brodie will turn into a Letang.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
Great article.

No kidding!

Jones, Domi, Hägg

Size (Domi is like a bull despite his hight.), Skill, Leadership.. (all top line/pairing potential)

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:19 PM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Brodie will turn into a Letang.
Without sounding like a total delusional fanboy, Brodie's got a very similar game, with a similar skill set. I can see Brodie hitting the 35-40 point mark in a couple years if Calgary rebuilds correctly.

Can't have him go out against top lines quite yet. But that will come as well.

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 09:55 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Without sounding like a total delusional fanboy, Brodie's got a very similar game, with a similar skill set. I can see Brodie hitting the 35-40 point mark in a couple years if Calgary rebuilds correctly.

Can't have him go out against top lines quite yet. But that will come as well.
Well management seems to be pretty high on him. I think I saw somewhere that along with Baertschi, Glencross and Giordano, Brodie was on Feaster's untouchable list.

theIceWookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Craiggy
Rookie User

I would say winning the cup was the biggest week in the entire history of the Flames. However I'm all for the rebuild. We need it, it's been a season by season decline since '04 and it's time to change it up! I just hope these prospects turn out great for us. If the picks and prospects end up being legit long time NHLers with great skill we will look back and think this was a great change-up. If the picks and prospects don't come through then it'll be remembered as one of the biggest failures in our franchise.

Craiggy is offline   Reply With Quote