HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

vCash: 500
Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Please continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343795

Part 2: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1349357

Part 3: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1352293

Old
02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Drij

1st.

Quote:
How would the Avs feel about the Flames offering Gio and Reinhart?

Reinhart is a similar player to ROR, and in a best case scenario, Reinhart would become an excellent 2-way center, around 45-50 points. He's our 3rd best prospect and has a legitimate chance to play next season.
Would not do it.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
top 6 forward. young #4-5 dman. and a 2nd... tops

anything more is over-paying. but as mentioned, an overpayment is likely what the avs are hoping for

in regards to the bogosian/trouba idea? lets not get crazy now. there would be picks/players going the jets way along with oreilly if thats what you wanna talk about
So just to clarify what Avs_19 meant.

What was discussed on the Avs board was that Winnipeg had the assets that were some of the most attractive to our fanbase. Nobody suggested that the Jets would or should trade any of these large packages for Ryan.

There were a couple different things tossed around one was ROR/Bogosian with whatever required to balance the trade on both sides.

Other things people suggested were deals around a forward (Little, Burmistrov,or Wheeler perhaps) and a top prospect like Trouba, with some type of significant piece added going back the Jets way.

Keep in mind these discussions were had in the context of what we know the Avs asking price to be, not what they actually expect to receive (we've heard mention of roster player + top prospect, and we also heard they asked for Couturier straight up).

Old
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
I remember last season that Turris needed to sign before a date sometime in December or he wouldn't be able to play at all. Is there a date for O'Rielly this season?

Old
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
sansabri
like a docent's lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I remember last season that Turris needed to sign before a date sometime in December or he wouldn't be able to play at all. Is there a date for O'Rielly this season?
nope.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie

vCash: 125
I just want it to end...

Would be plenty satisfied with MDZ and a 4th rounder.

Old
02-21-2013, 08:46 PM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

What teams are interested in him?

Old
02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
calcal798

Hes a good player and all but I find it funny he's arguing that he deserves 5 million for multiple years when Duchene is making 3.5 for two years. I guess the fact that he has good intangibles makes the 1.5 million dollar annual difference .

Old
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Pyromaniac3

So any *NEW* news since Adater said he is going to get traded?

Old
02-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Dark Knight
I like to singa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Hes a good player and all but I find it funny he's arguing that he deserves 5 million for multiple years when Duchene is making 3.5 for two years. I guess the fact that he has good intangibles makes the 1.5 million dollar annual difference .
It's not about what's fair in business.

Yes, he can show character and give them a discount but he doesn't have to. Whatever O'Reilly is doing is within his rights.

He's a good young player and he wants to cash in. Some team will give him those 5 million. Heck, Leafs fans will call me crazy but I'll give him 5 any day of the week.

If it means a good, young player is added to our nucleus, then sign me up.

It's about what we give up in a trade, and I'm one in the minority who will give up a good young talent in Jake Gardiner as a core piece.

02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
So any *NEW* news since Adater said he is going to get traded?
You're talking about the most secret organization in probably all of sports who conduct their trade deadline and free agent days in this fashion:

There will only be speculation until he is actually traded.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug

looking at a new thread, but on the jets board they were talking about something around burmistrov and postma, has that been discussed at all?

Old
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Layne Staley

Joel Armia, Mark Pysyk and Andrej Sekera for RoR.

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:20 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
looking at a new thread, but on the jets board they were talking about something around burmistrov and postma, has that been discussed at all?
Dater said from what he's heard the avs aren't interested in getting a center in return.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:21 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.
I'd take this without question.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:23 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You're talking about the most secret organization in probably all of sports who conduct their trade deadline and free agent days in this fashion:

There will only be speculation until he is actually traded.
B5!!!!

I only just got interested in that show last year. Now I cant watch enough of it.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Joey Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Overpayment by Buffalo IMO.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish

vCash: 567
Ryan O'Reilly ‏@Ryan_OReilly90
I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ryan O'Reilly ‏@Ryan_OReilly90
I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.
Just saw that. Think he's going to man up and sign a bridge contract like Duchene? He must have faced a lot of backlash because of that letter for him to come out of hiding like this.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
Exit Dose

Please make it end.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
Bryan Little is someone that the GM Greg Sherman of the Avs has apparently had his eye on for "some time now" according to a poster on the Avs board w/ ties to O'Reilly....incidentally enough he recently shared with us that O'Reilly and his Agent are "well aware" of Winnipeg "liking him...a lot" (those his words in the quotes)

And Winnipeg is one of the teams that I believe is a good fit for the Avs, because they can provide the type of Players that Sherman likes to acquire, guys who are still young, but far enough along in their development to contribute right away, and I believe that the team that Chipman and Co. have put in place there absolutely KNOW their hockey and are building a strong team.

Little and a Top Prospect (not sure of the Jets' prospect pool) for ROR + could very well be the basis of a deal in my opinion.

Of course it all comes out to that "+" on both sides. Little is a nice player in my opinion, and someone who I've wanted on the Avs for a while, but I've got to believe that even Winnipeg fans would realize that of the two players ROR has the higher ceiling and is the better player, just based on his intangibles and work ethic and desire to prove his doubters wrong by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

I'm getting to the point that I almost wish the Avs would make a decision on something like this though...because as a FAN of Ryan O'Reilly, I want to buy the jersey for the next team he plays for (and I also want a new Jets jersey so that would kill two birds w/ 1 stone).

I think it's incredibly vindictive and stupid for them to wait this out until possibly the Summer...but as a fan of the team, and understanding that they're not going to just "give" him away, I also want the best possible return as well...so I'm torn.

02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
jMoneyBrah

Sharks give Demers + Kuraly + 2nd

Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Just saw that. Think he's going to man up and sign a bridge contract like Duchene? He must have faced a lot of backlash because of that letter for him to come out of hiding like this.
I don't see him signing anything with the Avs. True his Agent shouldn't have told him whatever it was that the Avalanche said during the negotiations, but that ship has sailed, and whatever happened, it happened and now both the Avs and Ryan have to deal with the fallout.

I want him back in the worst way possible, but I can see his side of it as well. ARgh...BOTH sides just made this MORE than it needed to be. Just been bungled beyond all repair I'm afraid.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
Four1 Lead
Virtanen at 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Bryan Little is someone that the GM Greg Sherman of the Avs has apparently had his eye on for "some time now" according to a poster on the Avs board w/ ties to O'Reilly....incidentally enough he recently shared with us that O'Reilly and his Agent are "well aware" of Winnipeg "liking him...a lot" (those his words in the quotes)

And Winnipeg is one of the teams that I believe is a good fit for the Avs, because they can provide the type of Players that Sherman likes to acquire, guys who are still young, but far enough along in their development to contribute right away, and I believe that the team that Chipman and Co. have put in place there absolutely KNOW their hockey and are building a strong team.

Little and a Top Prospect (not sure of the Jets' prospect pool) for ROR + could very well be the basis of a deal in my opinion.

Of course it all comes out to that "+" on both sides. Little is a nice player in my opinion, and someone who I've wanted on the Avs for a while, but I've got to believe that even Winnipeg fans would realize that of the two players ROR has the higher ceiling and is the better player, just based on his intangibles and work ethic and desire to prove his doubters wrong by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

I'm getting to the point that I almost wish the Avs would make a decision on something like this though...because as a FAN of Ryan O'Reilly, I want to buy the jersey for the next team he plays for (and I also want a new Jets jersey so that would kill two birds w/ 1 stone).

I think it's incredibly vindictive and stupid for them to wait this out until possibly the Summer...but as a fan of the team, and understanding that they're not going to just "give" him away, I also want the best possible return as well...so I'm torn.
That's great and all but the Jets are moving to the Western conference.

So, that's a definite no-go.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
That's great and all but the Jets are moving to the Western conference.

So, that's a definite no-go.
Depends on the price and how realignment goes. If the Jets overpay I don't mind that much. Prefer to send O'Reilly to the East however if someone in the West is ready to overpay then why not consider it?

Closed Thread