HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 07:55 PM
  #1
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Please continue.

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343795

Part 2: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1349357

Part 3: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1352293

spiny norman is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
  #2
Drij
Registered User
 
Drij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,377
vCash: 500
1st.

Quote:
How would the Avs feel about the Flames offering Gio and Reinhart?

Reinhart is a similar player to ROR, and in a best case scenario, Reinhart would become an excellent 2-way center, around 45-50 points. He's our 3rd best prospect and has a legitimate chance to play next season.
Would not do it.

Drij is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:17 PM
  #3
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 542
Quote:
top 6 forward. young #4-5 dman. and a 2nd... tops

anything more is over-paying. but as mentioned, an overpayment is likely what the avs are hoping for

in regards to the bogosian/trouba idea? lets not get crazy now. there would be picks/players going the jets way along with oreilly if thats what you wanna talk about
So just to clarify what Avs_19 meant.

What was discussed on the Avs board was that Winnipeg had the assets that were some of the most attractive to our fanbase. Nobody suggested that the Jets would or should trade any of these large packages for Ryan.

There were a couple different things tossed around one was ROR/Bogosian with whatever required to balance the trade on both sides.

Other things people suggested were deals around a forward (Little, Burmistrov,or Wheeler perhaps) and a top prospect like Trouba, with some type of significant piece added going back the Jets way.

Keep in mind these discussions were had in the context of what we know the Avs asking price to be, not what they actually expect to receive (we've heard mention of roster player + top prospect, and we also heard they asked for Couturier straight up).

Nihiliste is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:19 PM
  #4
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,357
vCash: 50
I remember last season that Turris needed to sign before a date sometime in December or he wouldn't be able to play at all. Is there a date for O'Rielly this season?

Grant is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:21 PM
  #5
sansabri
like a docent's lisp
 
sansabri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montréal, QC
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I remember last season that Turris needed to sign before a date sometime in December or he wouldn't be able to play at all. Is there a date for O'Rielly this season?
nope.

sansabri is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:39 PM
  #6
AvsFan20
Bring back Downie
 
AvsFan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 3,482
vCash: 125
I just want it to end...

Would be plenty satisfied with MDZ and a 4th rounder.

AvsFan20 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:46 PM
  #7
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
KingKopitar11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,679
vCash: 500
What teams are interested in him?

KingKopitar11 is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 08:59 PM
  #8
calcal798
Registered User
 
calcal798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,284
vCash: 500
Hes a good player and all but I find it funny he's arguing that he deserves 5 million for multiple years when Duchene is making 3.5 for two years. I guess the fact that he has good intangibles makes the 1.5 million dollar annual difference .

calcal798 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  #9
Pyromaniac3
Registered User
 
Pyromaniac3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: India
Posts: 3,073
vCash: 500
So any *NEW* news since Adater said he is going to get traded?

Pyromaniac3 is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:13 PM
  #10
Dark Knight
I like to singa...
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by calcal798 View Post
Hes a good player and all but I find it funny he's arguing that he deserves 5 million for multiple years when Duchene is making 3.5 for two years. I guess the fact that he has good intangibles makes the 1.5 million dollar annual difference .
It's not about what's fair in business.

Yes, he can show character and give them a discount but he doesn't have to. Whatever O'Reilly is doing is within his rights.

He's a good young player and he wants to cash in. Some team will give him those 5 million. Heck, Leafs fans will call me crazy but I'll give him 5 any day of the week.

If it means a good, young player is added to our nucleus, then sign me up.

It's about what we give up in a trade, and I'm one in the minority who will give up a good young talent in Jake Gardiner as a core piece.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 09:58 PM
  #11
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,088
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
So any *NEW* news since Adater said he is going to get traded?
You're talking about the most secret organization in probably all of sports who conduct their trade deadline and free agent days in this fashion:



There will only be speculation until he is actually traded.

S E P H is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:13 PM
  #12
Tom ServoMST3K
I am Catbug
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,616
vCash: 50
looking at a new thread, but on the jets board they were talking about something around burmistrov and postma, has that been discussed at all?

Tom ServoMST3K is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:18 PM
  #13
Layne Staley
Registered User
 
Layne Staley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,850
vCash: 500
Joel Armia, Mark Pysyk and Andrej Sekera for RoR.

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.

Layne Staley is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:20 PM
  #14
S3rkie
Registered User
 
S3rkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 1,070
vCash: 1840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
looking at a new thread, but on the jets board they were talking about something around burmistrov and postma, has that been discussed at all?
Dater said from what he's heard the avs aren't interested in getting a center in return.

S3rkie is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:21 PM
  #15
TheStranger
Registered User
 
TheStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Joel Armia, Mark Pysyk and Andrej Sekera for RoR.

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.
I'd take this without question.

TheStranger is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:23 PM
  #16
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
You're talking about the most secret organization in probably all of sports who conduct their trade deadline and free agent days in this fashion:



There will only be speculation until he is actually traded.
B5!!!!

I only just got interested in that show last year. Now I cant watch enough of it.

KrisBeKreame is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
  #17
Joey Bones
Registered User
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Joel Armia, Mark Pysyk and Andrej Sekera for RoR.

Avalanche get a future 1st line RW, a smooth future top 4 dman and a very good #3/4 dman in Sekera who would be placed in the Avs top pairing.
Overpayment by Buffalo IMO.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:57 PM
  #18
TheJuxtaposer
#healBurish
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 23,638
vCash: 567
Ryan O'Reilly ‏@Ryan_OReilly90
I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.

TheJuxtaposer is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 10:59 PM
  #19
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ryan O'Reilly ‏@Ryan_OReilly90
I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.
Just saw that. Think he's going to man up and sign a bridge contract like Duchene? He must have faced a lot of backlash because of that letter for him to come out of hiding like this.

Gigantor The Goalie is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
  #20
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Exit Dose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,363
vCash: 500
Please make it end.

Exit Dose is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:03 PM
  #21
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
looking at a new thread, but on the jets board they were talking about something around burmistrov and postma, has that been discussed at all?
Bryan Little is someone that the GM Greg Sherman of the Avs has apparently had his eye on for "some time now" according to a poster on the Avs board w/ ties to O'Reilly....incidentally enough he recently shared with us that O'Reilly and his Agent are "well aware" of Winnipeg "liking him...a lot" (those his words in the quotes)

And Winnipeg is one of the teams that I believe is a good fit for the Avs, because they can provide the type of Players that Sherman likes to acquire, guys who are still young, but far enough along in their development to contribute right away, and I believe that the team that Chipman and Co. have put in place there absolutely KNOW their hockey and are building a strong team.

Little and a Top Prospect (not sure of the Jets' prospect pool) for ROR + could very well be the basis of a deal in my opinion.

Of course it all comes out to that "+" on both sides. Little is a nice player in my opinion, and someone who I've wanted on the Avs for a while, but I've got to believe that even Winnipeg fans would realize that of the two players ROR has the higher ceiling and is the better player, just based on his intangibles and work ethic and desire to prove his doubters wrong by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

I'm getting to the point that I almost wish the Avs would make a decision on something like this though...because as a FAN of Ryan O'Reilly, I want to buy the jersey for the next team he plays for (and I also want a new Jets jersey so that would kill two birds w/ 1 stone).

I think it's incredibly vindictive and stupid for them to wait this out until possibly the Summer...but as a fan of the team, and understanding that they're not going to just "give" him away, I also want the best possible return as well...so I'm torn.

__________________
If there's no music up in heaven then what's it for? - Arcade Fire
RockLobster is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:07 PM
  #22
jMoneyBrah
Registered User
 
jMoneyBrah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Sharks give Demers + Kuraly + 2nd

jMoneyBrah is offline  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
  #23
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,552
vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor The Goalie View Post
Just saw that. Think he's going to man up and sign a bridge contract like Duchene? He must have faced a lot of backlash because of that letter for him to come out of hiding like this.
I don't see him signing anything with the Avs. True his Agent shouldn't have told him whatever it was that the Avalanche said during the negotiations, but that ship has sailed, and whatever happened, it happened and now both the Avs and Ryan have to deal with the fallout.

I want him back in the worst way possible, but I can see his side of it as well. ARgh...BOTH sides just made this MORE than it needed to be. Just been bungled beyond all repair I'm afraid.

RockLobster is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
  #24
Four1 Lead
Virtanen at 8.
 
Four1 Lead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: YYZ
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Bryan Little is someone that the GM Greg Sherman of the Avs has apparently had his eye on for "some time now" according to a poster on the Avs board w/ ties to O'Reilly....incidentally enough he recently shared with us that O'Reilly and his Agent are "well aware" of Winnipeg "liking him...a lot" (those his words in the quotes)

And Winnipeg is one of the teams that I believe is a good fit for the Avs, because they can provide the type of Players that Sherman likes to acquire, guys who are still young, but far enough along in their development to contribute right away, and I believe that the team that Chipman and Co. have put in place there absolutely KNOW their hockey and are building a strong team.

Little and a Top Prospect (not sure of the Jets' prospect pool) for ROR + could very well be the basis of a deal in my opinion.

Of course it all comes out to that "+" on both sides. Little is a nice player in my opinion, and someone who I've wanted on the Avs for a while, but I've got to believe that even Winnipeg fans would realize that of the two players ROR has the higher ceiling and is the better player, just based on his intangibles and work ethic and desire to prove his doubters wrong by turning his weaknesses into strengths.

I'm getting to the point that I almost wish the Avs would make a decision on something like this though...because as a FAN of Ryan O'Reilly, I want to buy the jersey for the next team he plays for (and I also want a new Jets jersey so that would kill two birds w/ 1 stone).

I think it's incredibly vindictive and stupid for them to wait this out until possibly the Summer...but as a fan of the team, and understanding that they're not going to just "give" him away, I also want the best possible return as well...so I'm torn.
That's great and all but the Jets are moving to the Western conference.

So, that's a definite no-go.

Four1 Lead is online now  
Old
02-21-2013, 11:12 PM
  #25
Gigantor The Goalie
Screw Everyone
 
Gigantor The Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New London
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner View Post
That's great and all but the Jets are moving to the Western conference.

So, that's a definite no-go.
Depends on the price and how realignment goes. If the Jets overpay I don't mind that much. Prefer to send O'Reilly to the East however if someone in the West is ready to overpay then why not consider it?

Gigantor The Goalie is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.