HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan O'Reilly Headed to Offer Sheet or Trade (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2013, 02:40 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by IranCondraAffair View Post
It's going to be interesting if someone does sign him, because if Colorado matches, they can't trade him for at least a year.

Also, they can't trade his rights the moment he signs the offersheet. So if he does sign an offer and Colorado matches....what happens then?

The atmosphere between the two groups is very poor right now. Imagine having to play for a team for 5+ years like that. Would they bury the hatchet?

Imagine how pissed off management would be at you for going around them to get a payday THEY wouldn't give you.
Think the locker room would be fine, and that is probably and ideal situation for management. Then it was not their fault they had to match. Unless the sheet is crazy high (5.2+ or whatever) then they just thank him for his 3 years, and wish him well.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Petes2424

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
A Colorado fan just said that he was on the #1 unit the second half of the year once the coach realized he could handle the TOI. Did you watch the team at all last year? It sounds like you didn't and are just stat hunting. Anyway, you don't know what the Avs are asking. Supposedly Ottawa accepted their original demands and then Colorado raised the price. They haven't exactly run the organization well lately and they might be asking for a ridiculous return that no team is willing to pay because of how ridiculous it is.

Ryan O'Reilly is twice as good as Turris. This is not really debatable. Take off the homer glasses.
Oh the joys of the EASports mentality.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
A Colorado fan just said that he was on the #1 unit the second half of the year once the coach realized he could handle the TOI. Did you watch the team at all last year? It sounds like you didn't and are just stat hunting. Anyway, you don't know what the Avs are asking. Supposedly Ottawa accepted their original demands and then Colorado raised the price. They haven't exactly run the organization well lately and they might be asking for a ridiculous return that no team is willing to pay because of how ridiculous it is.

Ryan O'Reilly is twice as good as Turris. This is not really debatable. Take off the homer glasses.
I hate those rumors and reports. They all contradict themselves usually. I have read a story recently that claimed that the Avs are not asking for something and that they rather encourage everyone to make an offer.
And even if that goes together somehow I don't get why that would reflect badly on our management. (I want them all canned by the way)

If you are having a bidding war, the price will usually go up with every new offer made by another team. So kudos to Sherman if he really managed to get somewhat of a bidding war started.

Old
02-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
Oh the joys of the EASports mentality.
What a reply. Good contribution to the debate IMO.

Could you show how Turris is close to O'Reilly in value? Also are you going to refute the Colorado fans talking about O'Reilly's PK time last year?

Old
02-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
I hate those rumors and reports. They all contradict themselves usually. I have read a story recently that claimed that the Avs are not asking for something and that they rather encourage everyone to make an offer.
And even if that goes together somehow I don't get why that would reflect badly on our management. (I want them all canned by the way)

If you are having a bidding war, the price will usually go up with every new offer made by another team. So kudos to Sherman if he really managed to get somewhat of a bidding war started.
This rumor about Ottawa comes from nobody in the actual know. For sake of argument, their own beat writers and columnists cant even get anything straight DAILY. The Sens arent a media organization like the Flyers. If they've made an offer to Colorado, Im sure it's still behind closed doors. We know Sherman isnt a media guy, so there's no leak there either.

Total BS rumor.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

Could you show how Turris is close to O'Reilly in value? Also are you going to refute the Colorado fans talking about O'Reilly's PK time last year?
Im pretty sure I've already done that. Why dont you tell us why he's leaps and bounds above Turris? If you're ready to contribute, I'd love to hear it.

Let me ask you this. Do you think Colorado would take a Turris for O'Reilly swap today? If not, why wouldnt they?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
Artanis

Quote:

I would like to know why you think O'Reily is 2X the player Turris is?
Enlighten me.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:16 PM
EarlGrey

Assuming COL still has the rights to ROR on draft day...would he fetch the Avs a Top 3 Pick?

Old
02-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

He's better defensively by a good margin, he's better offensively, he's younger and he's much better at faceoffs. You think that Turris is playing on an offensively devoid team? Colorado was 23rd in the league in scoring last year and O'Reilly led the team in points.

Sorry, but just watch the two play if you think that Turris is anywhere near O'Reilly right now.

Also no, I don't think that Colorado would take Turris for O'Reilly. Not at all.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Im pretty sure I've already done that. Why dont you tell us why he's leaps and bounds above Turris? If you're ready to contribute, I'd love to hear it.

Let me ask you this. Do you think Colorado would take a Turris for O'Reilly swap today? If not, why wouldnt they?
well im not advocating this trade like Cujomi but i think its fair to say they wouldnt want Turris as the return since they would be bringing him in to play behind Duchesne and Stastny - who would make a trade to bring in #2 center when you already have a defined #2 center.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
AslanRH
Guenin Get Out

vCash: 354
O'Reilly is not twice as good as Turris. No one knows the ceiling of either player yet, and taking their last two seasons and projecting them out over 82 games (Turris 11-12, 12-13; O'Reilly 10-11, 11-12) they are very comparable.

Turris 12-13 16G-33A 1:42pk/gm 2:19pp/gm
11-12 17G-25A :06pk/gm 1:48pp/gm

ROR 11-12 18G-37A 1:10pk/gm 2:21pp/gm
10-11 14G-14A 2:24pk/gm :37pp/gm

While Avs' fans would most likely rather have ROR, just as easily Sens' fans would want Turris, that is part of being a fan. WE LIKE OUR GUYS THAT WE KNOW.
The real question is to compare what Sens' fans would want if they had to deal Turris in a similar situation, or what Avs' fans would offer to get a fair take on estimated value for ROR.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:20 PM
Artanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post
O'Reilly is not twice as good as Turris. No one knows the ceiling of either player yet, and taking their last two seasons and projecting them out over 82 games (Turris 11-12, 12-13; O'Reilly 10-11, 11-12) they are very comparable.

While Avs' fans would most likely rather have ROR, just as easily Sens' fans would want Turris, that is part of being a fan. WE LIKE OUR GUYS THAT WE KNOW.
The real question is what Sens' fans would want if they had to deal Turris in a similar situation, or what Avs' fans would offer.

I think its one of those cases of Turris being more important to the Sens rather than what hes actually worth.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:21 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
well im not advocating this trade like Cujomi but i think its fair to say they wouldnt want Turris as the return since they would be bringing him in to play behind Duchesne and Stastny - who would make a trade to bring in #2 center when you already have a defined #2 center.
Duchene...

Old
02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Assuming COL still has the rights to ROR on draft day...would he fetch the Avs a Top 3 Pick?
I don't think he's worth a top 3 pick.

Jordan Staal got 8th, PLUS Sutter, and a top 6 defenseman. ROR should fetch a pick somewhere between 5th-15th and a player (the player depends on the location of the draft pick and the players still on board). I still prefer a top pairing defenseman and top 9 forward over draft picks.

E: Also it depends on where we finish as well and it is looking like a top 10 pick currently.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

If Sherman called up BM right now and said O'Reilly for Turris the deal would be done before it was finshed being said with 'no take backsies'.

Turris is a good 2nd line centre, but O'Reilly is just a better player. You should compare their actual years in the NHL together and not use this one...since O'Reilly isn't playing and Turris has been struggling very hard since Spezza and Karlsson went down.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslanrh View Post

The real question is to compare what Sens' fans would want if they had to deal Turris in a similar situation, or what Avs' fans would offer to get a fair take on estimated value for ROR.
I think most non Av and non Sens' fans would take ROR quite easily over Turris. He's the better player at this point. It's not just the offensive numbers but it's also the two way play and other attributes that ROR brings. The only thing that impacts his value is his contract situation. In terms of the two players values ignoring contracts it's ROR by a fair bit, IMO.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:31 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
If all things were equal. Let's say both teams were looking for a young #2 center.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:33 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Quote:
If all things were equal. Let's say both teams were looking for a young #2 center.
Every team in the league takes O'Reilly over Turris. Every single one.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:35 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
I take ROR over Turris 100 out of 100 times. The only advantage Turris has is his shot.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Duchene...
really? that's a facepalm?
Its not like i just mispelled Gretzky or Lemieux there buddy.

Also given that people spell that name both ways makes me think you're being a bit of a *******.
it is OK just to mention it without being a *******, in case you were wondering.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
its not fair for me to comment, i just dont remember O'Reilly from the game we played against the AVS.
Although based on the PR war i would say O'Reilly seems to be the better more complete player.

Old
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
He's better defensively by a good margin, he's better offensively, he's younger and he's much better at faceoffs. You think that Turris is playing on an offensively devoid team? Colorado was 23rd in the league in scoring last year and O'Reilly led the team in points.

Sorry, but just watch the two play if you think that Turris is anywhere near O'Reilly right now.

Also no, I don't think that Colorado would take Turris for O'Reilly. Not at all.
Where are the Sens in scoring right now? 18 months difference in age isnt exactly leaps forward and where's he better offensively? Has he ever scored 20 goals in the OHL, AHL or in the NHL?

I'll give you the face off stat. But then again, if that's what you're gonna rely on, you're making my point for me. Fact is, they are very comparable players. Either is better in particular areas, etc. O'Reilly is very hard to play against. That is his greatest attribute. Turris has more upside offensively and he's been pretty good defensively if you're actually watching, like you say.

Very comparable when it comes to worth. And like I said, why would the Sens push aside the development of Turris to accommodate O'Reilly? They're not going to do it.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Every team in the league takes O'Reilly over Turris. Every single one.
And that may be. The fact remains, there's not a ton of difference between the players worth or future outlook. Like I'll keep saying, the Sens are NOT going to push Turris aside for O'Reilly. It's a fantasy of some but it's not going to happen.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
officeglen

Quote:
...Very comparable when it comes to worth. And like I said, why would the Sens push aside the development of Turris to accommodate O'Reilly? They're not going to do it.
This is one isolated viewpoint, but I believe they would welcome ROR here in Ottawa, it is quite easy to put both ROR and Turris in the lineup, and that Turris is not "very comparable" to ROR.

Old
02-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
Avs would have to add. Top three picks on draft day are very expensive. Prohibitively so.

Closed Thread