HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winger Acquisition Thread | Part V: Wingers in the Hands of an Angry (Hockey) God

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2013, 12:34 PM
  #551
Hottubber
Registered User
 
Hottubber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Personally, I'd like Brouwer or Ward. Don't see the Caps dealing either to us
Im not a fan of Ward. He got rewarded on a good playoff run, like many, but doesnt do it for me. Ive liked Brouwer since his WHL days.

Caps dealt Vokumns rights to us for a late pick. I know its not the exact same thing, but if the deal was right, Im sure something could be worked out.

Dont really know what their needs are going forward

Hottubber is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #552
redsono93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
What would it take to get Ryan Clowe? I know he's suspended but he is the type of LW for Sid. Id be content with Clowe and Ryder at the deadline. Ryder is not Iggy or Perry but with this 2013 draft being top winger heavey I'm hesitant for us to trade our first rounder this year.

redsono93 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:52 PM
  #553
eXile59
Shirts on.
 
eXile59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: PA
Posts: 17,132
vCash: 500
I think we should start looking at teams that are falling out of it already. I doubt VERY much that teams like the Blues & Leafs are going trade players like Stewart & Kulimen while competing & playing well. They're not going to want to mess up a good thing unless it's an addition for futures which is what we'll probably be looking at.

eXile59 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:57 PM
  #554
cheesedanish87
Registered User
 
cheesedanish87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 6,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
I think the Pens should be targeting Brower. Signed to a reasonable contract, could play on any line, is a big, physical body and can put the puck in the net (8 goals this season)

Not sure if Caps would deal him, but they do need to shake things up.

Caps will probably be in our division next year doult that would happen. I still think caps will make a run this year their division is so bad and seems like ov is returning back to form.

cheesedanish87 is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 12:59 PM
  #555
Malkinstheman
Registered User
 
Malkinstheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
I think we should start looking at teams that are falling out of it already. I doubt VERY much that teams like the Blues & Leafs are going trade players like Stewart & Kulimen while competing & playing well. They're not going to want to mess up a good thing unless it's an addition for futures which is what we'll probably be looking at.
I think thats why sheros scouting minnesota so much, although there one point out of the playoffs, la has started to get hot and detroit will prob also somehowe end up in the playoffs. I agree that st.louis isnt an option anymore and espicially tornoto, three of their guys are injured and they seem to be doing good, i doubt they want to change anything.

Malkinstheman is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
  #556
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
I think thats why sheros scouting minnesota so much, although there one point out of the playoffs, la has started to get hot and detroit will prob also somehowe end up in the playoffs. I agree that st.louis isnt an option anymore and espicially tornoto, three of their guys are injured and they seem to be doing good, i doubt they want to change anything.
Who knows, maybe Minnesota gets going too, if Shero wants to make a move for Seto or Clutterbuck, he needs to do it quick. It wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to see Setoguchi get going along with the team.

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:12 PM
  #557
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
I think thats why sheros scouting minnesota so much, although there one point out of the playoffs, la has started to get hot and detroit will prob also somehowe end up in the playoffs. I agree that st.louis isnt an option anymore and espicially tornoto, three of their guys are injured and they seem to be doing good, i doubt they want to change anything.
According to TIOPS the Blues had a scout at our game Friday night. They might have been there to see Florida but ya never know.

AgentM is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:13 PM
  #558
WarriorScholar
Registered User
 
WarriorScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 500
Calgary is the team to go to. Tanguay , Iginla , stempniak , etc. Dallas is still right in the mix, they're not going to be giving up on the playoffs within these next couple of weeks. But Calgary should be willing to move somebody soon

WarriorScholar is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:15 PM
  #559
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 38,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Calgary is the team to go to. Tanguay , Iginla , stempniak , etc. Dallas is still right in the mix, they're not going to be giving up on the playoffs within these next couple of weeks. But Calgary should be willing to move somebody soon
agreed

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  #560
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
Calgary is the team to go to. Tanguay , Iginla , stempniak , etc. Dallas is still right in the mix, they're not going to be giving up on the playoffs within these next couple of weeks. But Calgary should be willing to move somebody soon
Is it possible to bring in both Stempniak and Iginla? That's a hefty price, but we'd have a right handed shot for each line...

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  #561
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,700
vCash: 500
Flame fans think all it would take to get Iginla would be Maatta+1st, if that's all it took, count me in!

Maatta+1st for Iginla
Niskanen+TK for Seto+Clutterbuck (even though he's injured, i'd still take him)
Then find a vet Dman from Buffalo i suppose. Leopold?

Drop Kunitz to Malkin line, let them find last years chemistry. Crosby takes Iginla, and Seto. Pens then have the 2 best lines in hockey.

66-29-33 is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:21 PM
  #562
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Flame fans think all it would take to get Iginla would be Maatta+1st, if that's all it took, count me in!

Maatta+1st for Iginla
Niskanen+TK for Seto+Clutterbuck (even though he's injured, i'd still take him)
Then find a vet Dman from Buffalo i suppose. Leopold?
The first is a great deal- count me in
The second seems a bit lopsided for us- dunno whether Wild like that one
Apparently many Sabres fans think Regher is worth a second? Don't wanna give up a first AND a second though...

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  #563
66-29-33
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
The first is a great deal- count me in
The second seems a bit lopsided for us- dunno whether Wild like that one
Apparently many Sabres fans think Regher is worth a second? Don't wanna give up a first AND a second though...
Niskenen is worth Seto alone, plus a bit of Clutterbuck, add TK who's looking for a change of scenery and could perhaps regain 21 goal form there and it's an even deal. Most of the deal is Niskanen. As for Regher, he has like a 4M cap hit, we would have to unload someone to take on the cap hits of all of them.

66-29-33 is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:24 PM
  #564
WarriorScholar
Registered User
 
WarriorScholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,008
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspensfan View Post
Is it possible to bring in both Stempniak and Iginla? That's a hefty price, but we'd have a right handed shot for each line...
I was just gonna comment more on that. I don't see Calgary moving Iginla right away, they will want to hold off to get the best possible deal...they aren't in a hurry to move him. So why don't we make our chances even better to land him by making a trade for one of their lesser guys now? Get stempniak within next couple of weeks. Then Iginla near the deadline( his choice to come here) .

I realize its only stempniak's second year there, but I just can't see us giving up what we would have to give for tanguay and Iginla . Should only take a 3rd round pick For Lee

Just a thought. I think it would help our chances to get iggy


Dupuis- Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Stempniak

If we got Iginla for Sid, I think people would have no problem splitting him and Kunitz up and letting Chris go back to Neal and Malkin.


Or just roll 4 lines like this ( if Bennett continues improve , refusing to be sent down)

Bennett - Crosby - Iginla
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Sutter - Stempniak
Cooke - Vitale - Glass / Adams
Jeffrey



Last edited by WarriorScholar: 02-24-2013 at 01:41 PM.
WarriorScholar is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:27 PM
  #565
HabsProspectsExpert
Artturi Lehkonen
 
HabsProspectsExpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Eric Cole might be on the trading baith!

HabsProspectsExpert is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:30 PM
  #566
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 38,540
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Eric Cole might be on the trading baith!
I understand the past is the past, but I don't know if I see that working out well

Ogrezilla is online now  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:32 PM
  #567
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Niskenen is worth Seto alone, plus a bit of Clutterbuck, add TK who's looking for a change of scenery and could perhaps regain 21 goal form there and it's an even deal. Most of the deal is Niskanen. As for Regher, he has like a 4M cap hit, we would have to unload someone to take on the cap hits of all of them.
If that's what the Wild think, than I'm all for it. But Clutterbuck is a fan favourite and I dunno if they'd let him go just like that. Apparently we have close to $8 million in cap space.

Take out the 4.3 million going out for TK and Nisky...Add the 4 for Regher, and the 4.4 for Seto and Clutter and we have roughly 4 million left in space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTwoTimes View Post
I was just gonna comment more on that. I don't see Calgary moving Iginla right away, they will want to hold off to get the best possible deal...they aren't in a hurry to move him. So why don't we make our chances even better to land him by making a trade for one of their lesser guys now? Get stempniak within next couple of weeks. Then Iginla near the deadline( his choice to come here) .

I realize its only stempniak's second year there, but I just can't see us giving up what we would have to give for tanguay and Iginla . Should only take a 3rd round pick Lee.

Just a thought. I think it would help our chances to get iggy

If that's all it took to get Stempniak, I'm down for it.

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:37 PM
  #568
leafspensfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 11,766
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert View Post
Eric Cole might be on the trading baith!
Maaaayybe, I'd rather have Malone, but if Cole was cheaper, hopefully they look into it. But that contract...

leafspensfan is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:43 PM
  #569
JQR
Clearly it's Lovejoy
 
JQR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,464
vCash: 500
This thread has inspired me to update my avatar pic. I gotta say, it works.

JQR is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 01:52 PM
  #570
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President
 
SprootsMasterFlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66-29-33 View Post
Niskenen is worth Seto alone, plus a bit of Clutterbuck, add TK who's looking for a change of scenery and could perhaps regain 21 goal form there and it's an even deal. Most of the deal is Niskanen. As for Regher, he has like a 4M cap hit, we would have to unload someone to take on the cap hits of all of them.
Niskanen
For
Setoguchi
Scandella

Similar deal with Neal & Shero asking for a throw-in D reclamation project. Scandella is not eligible for waivers his year and of Eaton signs, he can hone his skills in WBS until we need to cal him up.

I asked in the Wild forum and they think Scandella would be the one D that Fletcher would be willing to throw into a deal. Sounds good to me.

SprootsMasterFlex is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:03 PM
  #571
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Darkness
Country: United States
Posts: 26,494
vCash: 500
Cole would be a good last minute rental, nothing more. Unfortuntely he's not a rental / UFA. Can score some clutch goals and he is a physical player so that helps.

But would not send an important asset to Montreal for him. He's sucked all year. If we can buy low at his age, great. If not, pass. Also I hear he is retiring this summer because he's mad as hell and isn't going to take it anymore.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:07 PM
  #572
MrBurghundy
Relax
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 19,273
vCash: 500
I just wish Shero would pull the trigger already so we can put this endless repetitive discussion of wingers to bed.

He's obviously scouting other teams pretty hard. He's got Waddell out there visiting numerous games, and Shero himself has also made an appearance at one. Also I'm sure lesser scouts are out and about as well since we've seen tweets before of a couple Pittsburgh scouts being at that Toronto game a while back.

MrBurghundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:08 PM
  #573
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Darkness
Country: United States
Posts: 26,494
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBurgundy View Post
I just wish Shero would pull the trigger already so we can put this endless repetitive discussion of wingers to bed
I dream of a day our winger situation is so stable, we start threads about trading for a back up goalie and other boring topics like "who are we going to draft after this year's Cup run?"

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
  #574
MrBurghundy
Relax
 
MrBurghundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: GlassCase of Emotion
Country: United States
Posts: 19,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I dream of a day our winger situation is so stable, we start threads about trading for a back up goalie and other boring topics like "who are we going to draft after this year's Cup run?"
I do think that this season Shero will finally solve our winger problem though. He just has too many assets, too much cap space, and too much of a reason not to. He's obviously out there scouting pretty hard. I don't remember seeing this many tweets in years past about Penguins scouts being at different games, and even Shero himself on occasion, or other GM's being at our games.

If he doesn't pick somebody up this deadline, I think you'd have to consider this somewhat of a failure for him considering him missing on Parise (well and really everybody else) this offseason too.


Last edited by MrBurghundy: 02-24-2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: grammar and all that jazz
MrBurghundy is offline  
Old
02-24-2013, 02:15 PM
  #575
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Dark Matter
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Darkness
Country: United States
Posts: 26,494
vCash: 500
Agreed on all counts. Seems like the timing / opportunity is pretty much perfect.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.