HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Erik Gudbranson to the Oilers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-09-2013, 10:31 PM
  #1
McGhostbuster
Who ya gonna call?
 
McGhostbuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 50
Erik Gudbranson to the Oilers

I want his physical prowess on the Oilers. What would it take.

And I would consider one of the big 4, however it's going to take a lot more than just Gudbranson to get them.

I would start with Gagner+

McGhostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  #2
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,068
vCash: 50
No idea why Florida would do this.

__________________
You're a curious one, aren't you?
Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:36 PM
  #3
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User
 
Kevin8se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,549
vCash: 500
Zero chance Florida trades him

If you want that type of player, why not just go after Braydon Coburn in Philly?
He's 1000x more available and would be significantly cheaper to acquire.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 10:46 PM
  #4
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Zero chance Florida trades him

If you want that type of player, why not just go after Braydon Coburn in Philly?
He's 1000x more available and would be significantly cheaper to acquire.
This.

Hell, even Alex Edler would be easier to acquire.

Gudbranson will cost you one of the big 4. No other reason for a rebuilding team like FLA to trade a young defenseman for anything less.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:09 PM
  #5
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 14,333
vCash: 50
Why would a rebuilding Florida trade Gudbranson for anything less than one of the big 4 straight across?



Typical HF proposal. Only thinking about one team.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
  #6
McJC
Registered Sniper
 
McJC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,274
vCash: 500
Is Kulikov just as untouchable?

McJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:35 PM
  #7
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lord of HFBOARDS
Country: United Nations
Posts: 73,581
vCash: 2660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
No idea why Florida would do this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
Zero chance Florida trades him

If you want that type of player, why not just go after Braydon Coburn in Philly?
He's 1000x more available and would be significantly cheaper to acquire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
This.

Hell, even Alex Edler would be easier to acquire.

Gudbranson will cost you one of the big 4. No other reason for a rebuilding team like FLA to trade a young defenseman for anything less.

Bud sadly some oiler fans think the oilers will get a stud d-man or blue chip powerforward for some of the dead weight on the roster and any suggestion that it would cost one of the big five does not make them happy

__________________
**Avatar approved by the powers that be***

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:51 PM
  #8
Hurt
Moderator
 
Hurt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,307
vCash: 500
I don't think FLA would want to add at all to getting a big 4 back if they're moving Gudbranson.

__________________
Toronto.
Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2013, 11:54 PM
  #9
Vancouver Canucks*
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CANADA , COBOURG
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
This.

Hell, even Alex Edler would be easier to acquire.

Gudbranson will cost you one of the big 4. No other reason for a rebuilding team like FLA to trade a young defenseman for anything less.
Not sure if serious


Easier to acquire? Canucks & Oilers are in same divison, Edlers contract also makes him more valuable.

Vancouver Canucks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:02 AM
  #10
Eskimo44
Registered User
 
Eskimo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 7,110
vCash: 500
Gudbranson isn't worth one of the big 4, he hasn't even had a decent year in the NHL yet. His kind of potential is certainly worth something big, but not what HF seemingly thinks. It's been 3 post draft seasons, he's going to have to have shown something by now to get that kind of return.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:17 AM
  #11
Awesomesauce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Normally I would be right there with those saying that Edmonton fans tend to overvalue the big 4/5. But in this case I have to say the notion of Gudbranson being worth one of them is outright silly. Gudbranson has been borderline terrible so far in the NHL. He simply hasn't shown any ability to play at this level yet and is one of the reasons that Florida is having such a god awful year.

Obviously a 21 year old defenseman shouldn't be written off, but he is unlikely to turn it around to the point where he will ever be a first pairing defenseman which is would would be a minimal target for a trade of one of the big 4/5.

Awesomesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:42 AM
  #12
Aceboogie
I am Mr. Flame
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Bud sadly some oiler fans think the oilers will get a stud d-man or blue chip powerforward for some of the dead weight on the roster and any suggestion that it would cost one of the big five does not make them happy
find one instance of this.

If you think Gagner is `dead weight` your just as off base.

Hes not worth Gudbranson, but Gagner + Klefbom would be a heck of a start position

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:43 AM
  #13
oilersfan87
Registered User
 
oilersfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,579
vCash: 500
The oilers need a veteran defenseman, not another young player.

oilersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:51 AM
  #14
FinlandPanther
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dania Florida
Country: Finland
Posts: 5,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Normally I would be right there with those saying that Edmonton fans tend to overvalue the big 4/5. But in this case I have to say the notion of Gudbranson being worth one of them is outright silly. Gudbranson has been borderline terrible so far in the NHL. He simply hasn't shown any ability to play at this level yet and is one of the reasons that Florida is having such a god awful year.

Obviously a 21 year old defenseman shouldn't be written off, but he is unlikely to turn it around to the point where he will ever be a first pairing defenseman which is would would be a minimal target for a trade of one of the big 4/5.
This is such a terrible post. It's not his fault and he can't turn it around? Have you seen our defense?

FinlandPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:09 AM
  #15
WestleySnipez
Christmas came early
 
WestleySnipez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Vancouver. Duh.
Country: Canada
Posts: 525
vCash: 500
If Edmonton wants a defenseman, go after someone like Coburn or Regehr. Regehr becomes a UFA (unless LA resigns him, but I don't think LA will be able to) at the end of the season, so EDM maybe able to sign him.

The question is what would Edmonton be willing to give up to bring in a defenseman like that. (that a team would want)

The only players I can see would be prospects or Hemsky. He might be taken off though, seeing as his contract is 5 mil (although it is for one year), and the cap drops at the end of the season.

WestleySnipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 01:22 AM
  #16
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 27,084
vCash: 50
Gudbranson isn't worth what it would take because his draft position speaks more than his play. He's overrated.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 03:23 AM
  #17
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
This.

Hell, even Alex Edler would be easier to acquire.

Gudbranson will cost you one of the big 4. No other reason for a rebuilding team like FLA to trade a young defenseman for anything less.
This pretty much sums up half of this thread.

Hilarious sarcasm.

Edler is not only better than Gundo, he plays in the same division as Edmonton and because of that he'd cost a helluva lot more than Gundo. On top of that Edler is a proven commodity.

Edmonton flat out wouldn't trade Gagner for Gundo. Not because Gundo isn't worth it, but because Edmonton can't afford to sacrifice their depth at center.

THere's no way Edmonton would cough up one of their big four unless one helluva kicker is coming Edmonton's way. I figure that Eberle would be the cheapest of the big four and you can't convince me that Tambo would trade him for Gundo straight up.

Florida and Edmonton obviously the greatest of trading partners at the moment. We don't really have enough depth in any given position to make a big deal like this which changes up the core of the team.

Sure, Edmonton has Eberle, Yakupov and Hemsky on the right wing, but you can't convince me that Hemsky will still be with Edmonton for the 14/15 season. I'll actually be surprised if he's still with Edmonton at the beginning of the 13/14 season.

Edmonton really does need someone else. A better shutdown d-man to be playing with Justin Schultz. I'm pretty sure that guy isn't going to be Gundo. Heck, it might turn out to be Klefbom, but I don't feel comfortable putting a rookie in that position at the beginning of next season.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 04:47 AM
  #18
Awesomesauce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
This is such a terrible post. It's not his fault and he can't turn it around? Have you seen our defense?
Why can't people just be rational when discussing their players? Gudbranson has been brutal this year. Hes a 21 year old 3rd overall pick, hes a 3rd pairing guy on a bad defense who is an astounding -20 in 28 games. He currently does not belong in the NHL.

He has 4 assists, and quite frankly not much offensive upside to speak of. He does do some penalty killing but is bottom of the list even there on the worst PK team in the league.

Gudbranson is currently not an NHL caliber defenseman, I don't know why hes even in the NHL right now.

That doesn't mean he can't become a good defenseman, but its very unlikely he ever becomes more then a good 2nd pairing guy.

This is the reality of the situation. So saying that you would only take one of 4/5 very good young players in return is ludicrous. Right now hes probably worth a high 2nd round pick, and thats probably to a GM that thinks he will turn it around to some extent.

Awesomesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:27 AM
  #19
Kulleroinen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
Blah. These trade forums are awful. D-man with -20 and 4 freaking points this season = one of the big 4. Yeah, no.

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:28 AM
  #20
The Cat Captain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
its an oiler poster who posted it, expressing a need for his team in his point of view. fla aint trying to trade gudbranson, he's a big part of our future and is big time candidate for future captain. just because its edmonton who wants him, does that mean his price goes down because your assets are better or have better potential? no, if fla (who doesnt want to trade gudbranson and regards him very highly) was to trade him, it wouldnt come cheap. For edmonton that means giving up something you dont want to give up, just like florida would in this trade

The Cat Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:29 AM
  #21
The Cat Captain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Louisiana
Country: United States
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Why can't people just be rational when discussing their players? Gudbranson has been brutal this year. Hes a 21 year old 3rd overall pick, hes a 3rd pairing guy on a bad defense who is an astounding -20 in 28 games. He currently does not belong in the NHL.

He has 4 assists, and quite frankly not much offensive upside to speak of. He does do some penalty killing but is bottom of the list even there on the worst PK team in the league.

Gudbranson is currently not an NHL caliber defenseman, I don't know why hes even in the NHL right now.

That doesn't mean he can't become a good defenseman, but its very unlikely he ever becomes more then a good 2nd pairing guy.

This is the reality of the situation. So saying that you would only take one of 4/5 very good young players in return is ludicrous. Right now hes probably worth a high 2nd round pick, and thats probably to a GM that thinks he will turn it around to some extent.
man, we have like 1 or 2 plus players this season. hell, campbell is minus 16, does that make him not belong in the nhl?

The Cat Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:36 AM
  #22
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,219
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Why can't people just be rational when discussing their players? Gudbranson has been brutal this year. Hes a 21 year old 3rd overall pick, hes a 3rd pairing guy on a bad defense who is an astounding -20 in 28 games. He currently does not belong in the NHL.

He has 4 assists, and quite frankly not much offensive upside to speak of. He does do some penalty killing but is bottom of the list even there on the worst PK team in the league.

Gudbranson is currently not an NHL caliber defenseman, I don't know why hes even in the NHL right now.

That doesn't mean he can't become a good defenseman, but its very unlikely he ever becomes more then a good 2nd pairing guy.

This is the reality of the situation. So saying that you would only take one of 4/5 very good young players in return is ludicrous. Right now hes probably worth a high 2nd round pick, and thats probably to a GM that thinks he will turn it around to some extent.
WHY is FL trading 21 yr old Gundbranson?

Yeah, I get that he's struggling. But, he's only 21 and has terrific.He's also on a cheap ELC.

Why would FL trade a recent high lottery pick, when his trade value has taken a hit?

At his age and upside, I'd be glad to see Snow offer the isles 2013 first rounder, which at this point would be a mid first rounder. If I'm in the Panther's front office, I'm not biting on that offer. I'm waiting, showing more patience with Gundbranson.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 05:46 AM
  #23
Howboutthempanthers
Thread killer.
 
Howboutthempanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brow. County, Fl.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Gudbranson isn't worth one of the big 4, he hasn't even had a decent year in the NHL yet. His kind of potential is certainly worth something big, but not what HF seemingly thinks. It's been 3 post draft seasons, he's going to have to have shown something by now to get that kind of return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Normally I would be right there with those saying that Edmonton fans tend to overvalue the big 4/5. But in this case I have to say the notion of Gudbranson being worth one of them is outright silly. Gudbranson has been borderline terrible so far in the NHL. He simply hasn't shown any ability to play at this level yet and is one of the reasons that Florida is having such a god awful year.

Obviously a 21 year old defenseman shouldn't be written off, but he is unlikely to turn it around to the point where he will ever be a first pairing defenseman which is would would be a minimal target for a trade of one of the big 4/5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Gudbranson isn't worth what it would take because his draft position speaks more than his play. He's overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomesauce View Post
Why can't people just be rational when discussing their players? Gudbranson has been brutal this year. Hes a 21 year old 3rd overall pick, hes a 3rd pairing guy on a bad defense who is an astounding -20 in 28 games. He currently does not belong in the NHL.

He has 4 assists, and quite frankly not much offensive upside to speak of. He does do some penalty killing but is bottom of the list even there on the worst PK team in the league.

Gudbranson is currently not an NHL caliber defenseman, I don't know why hes even in the NHL right now.

That doesn't mean he can't become a good defenseman, but its very unlikely he ever becomes more then a good 2nd pairing guy.

This is the reality of the situation. So saying that you would only take one of 4/5 very good young players in return is ludicrous. Right now hes probably worth a high 2nd round pick, and thats probably to a GM that thinks he will turn it around to some extent.
Fine, we'll keep our sucky defensemen and the Oilers can keep their "amazing" talent. We didn't make this proposal, no need to bash our players like they committed physical assault against you.


Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 04-11-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 06:21 AM
  #24
Kulleroinen*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,893
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers View Post
Fine, we'll keep our sucky defensemen and the Oilers can keep their amazing talent. We didn't make this proposal, no need to bash our players like they committed physical assault against you.
And exactly where did you see bashing? Do you consider it to be bashing if your player is not valued as high as oilers big 4?

Kulleroinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 07:02 AM
  #25
8BostonRocker24
Registered User
 
8BostonRocker24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Country: United States
Posts: 9,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
And exactly where did you see bashing? Do you consider it to be bashing if your player is not valued as high as oilers big 4?
He is though... that's the point and Edmonton fans are missing it constantly with other teams' young talent.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.