HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Heatley when he has recovered.

Old
04-11-2013, 03:14 PM
PSGJ

vCash: 500
Heatley when he has recovered.

Heatly just had surgery so now it looks like Minnesota can't buy him out in June. In order to get under the cap next season they will have to trade him or severely weaken their team with other trades.

Who might be interested and what would they be willing to offer. He is due 5 million in salary next season and has a cap hit over 7 million. He think a few of the low salary teams might be willing to cough up a mid draft pick for him and see if maybe he can be decent.

PSGJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

A buyout.

I was bummed when I heard he's out for the whole year. Not because he makes an impact on the ice but because then he can't be amnestied. Who else is GMCF gonna move to fit Pominville? Hopefully not Cullen, we saw how important he is to the team. PMB likely becomes a free agent, and Mitchell might take a pay cut.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSGJ View Post
Heatly just had surgery so now it looks like Minnesota can't buy him out in June. In order to get under the cap next season they will have to trade him or severely weaken their team with other trades.

Who might be interested and what would they be willing to offer. He is due 5 million in salary next season and has a cap hit over 7 million. He think a few of the low salary teams might be willing to cough up a mid draft pick for him and see if maybe he can be decent.
Spomething that is unclear to me...... I have seen nothing that states the buyouts have to happen in June.

Couldnt the buyout happen in august.

Also the fact of him having surgery isnt sufficient for dening a buy out if he w ill be fully healthy for next season.

Next season Minnesota can just work with the league--similar to what was done with the Rangers and Canadiens and buy him out say in Ocotber 2013 when he is healthy and then let him sign elsewhere.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:12 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Not sure what other Habs fan would think but how about a Gionta for Heatley, actually think Gionta brings more to the table, speed, better forechecker, leadership and defence, but I just think a line of Pacioretty-Desharnais-Heatley would be great. DD with two great shooters, and DD kinda plays a slow game, in terms of style so Healtey's lack of speed wouldn't be a big issue.

Mtl would have

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Heatley
Bourque-Plekanec-(Ryder if re-signed)
Galychenyuk-Eller-Gallagher
Moen-XXX-Prust

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:16 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Also the fact of him having surgery isnt sufficient for dening a buy out if he w ill be fully healthy for next season.
The CBA was pretty clear in seeing a difference here, even if you don't think that is important.

I don't think Heater has a lot of value at this point.

The Zetterberg Era is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:17 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:18 PM
Doctor No
Mod Supervisor
Retired?

I've edited your last two thread titles.

So that I don't have to edit a third: it's "HEATLEY", with two "E"s.

Doctor No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Finnsane
Feed the population

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
sold!

Finnsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:24 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:

Don't forget Heater also has a NTC where he can pick a handful of teams NOT to go to. No doubt cap floor/low salary teams would be on his no-go list.

You'll probably have to buy him out. I don't see any potential suitors that would want Heatley. If a low salary team makes an offer for him, he use his NTC to block them. Competing teams are usually so pressed to the cap that they cannot afford Heater unless you take a lot of his salary and cap.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:37 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 521
Quote:

Only interested in him, if he's bought out and will sign very cheaply:1 yr/ $2.5m-$3m

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
dan1el

What would it take to get him to Ottawa? I'm sure our fans would love to have him back.

Last edited by spiny norman: 04-12-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: too much blank area
dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Hero
The Corporal Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post
What would it take to get him to Ottawa? I'm sure our fans would love to have him back.

Would be the greatest NHL return, maybe ever.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 69
They would have to buy him out or eat some salary in a trade.

Even though he's a ****ing All-star, he has a ****** attitude and he has a ****** attitude.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Gundee1114

Quote:

Not even close to being true. We have plenty of room to maneuver next year, even WITH Heatley's contract on the books.

Sure, I fully expected a buyout for him, but we don't need it to fit under the cap. Everyone that thinks we need to, go check capgeek before posting it.

Gundee1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:41 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundee1114 View Post
Not even close to being true. We have plenty of room to maneuver next year, even WITH Heatley's contract on the books.

Sure, I fully expected a buyout for him, but we don't need it to fit under the cap. Everyone that thinks we need to, go check capgeek before posting it.
I just looked. Because you told me to and because I am bored until puck drop. I have no dog in this hunt.
You can make it work with Heatley, because a lot of other big contracts come of the books, but it does most likely leave your D/G looking very brittle.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 07:48 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundee1114 View Post

True, but they'll be up against the cap after re-signing their RFAs.
They may still trade him during the season to some team that is willing to take him on as a rental'

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:24 AM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
During Sens/Leafs games in Ottawa, everyone could boo Heatley together. It'd be beautiful.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 12:26 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Spomething that is unclear to me...... I have seen nothing that states the buyouts have to happen in June.

Couldnt the buyout happen in august.

Next season Minnesota can just work with the league--similar to what was done with the Rangers and Canadiens and buy him out say in Ocotber 2013 when he is healthy and then let him sign elsewhere.
IIRC normally 2 days after playoffs end until jun 30 (allowing a day for waivers), although I believe there is a clause that allows it to be extended if someone on that team is being taken to arbitration (again iirc paragraph 13 of the SPC in the cba). Wild got anyone they want to take to arbitration?

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
During Sens/Leafs games in Ottawa, everyone could boo Heatley together. It'd be beautiful.
Knowing Leafs fans they'd cheer him louder than Ottawa booing.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 01:54 AM
SharksAddict

Aside from a buyout, Minn is likely stuck with him. Only teams that would be interested would be teams trying to reach the cap floor which as mentioned before he'd likely block a trade to. Only other possibility I could see is a straight up swap for another terrible contract. Glad DW found a way to dump him before he lost all value.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 02:52 AM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Go even further. Wait til Alfie retires, then get ol' Heater and give him the C.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 03:35 AM
vital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
Go even further. Wait til Alfie retires, then get ol' Heater and give him the C.
Dont even wait, just give him the C before Alfie retires.

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Whitman View Post
Alfie... not heatley

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:47 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Don't forget Heater also has a NTC where he can pick a handful of teams NOT to go to.
That should be inactive after he waived it to become a... join the Wild, right?

Quote:
Especially if it was like this:

To Ottawa:
Dany Heatley

To Minnesota:
UFA negotiating rights of Jonathan Cheechoo

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:50 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1el View Post

that would be EPIC!!! can you imagine the fans reaction to his return

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote