HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens 3, Rangers 2 (SO)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 10:25 PM
  #76
Tundraman
GoneCountry
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 7,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I find it amazing how friendly some posters are when their team wins.
Cr@p you're wise owl you know the old white on white trick.

I think most fan bases are happy when their team wins. We have so many injuries to key guys it's almost funny. I did say almost! What helps tonight is also finding out that Anderson probably won't be out too long and having a decent goalie like Lehner in reserve makes it bearable. I just hate losing Anderson before we face the Laffs.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:26 PM
  #77
Deku Scrub
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,313
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
Anyone have a link to that Daugy goal yet? For some reason nhl.com only shows up 'til Callahan's goal. Just wondering if he was influenced by this goal in the KHL All-Star game, or if it was just a fluke.

Daug's goal is on NHL.com here. Just click on the play button next to his name in the sidebar.

Deku Scrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM
  #78
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 62,123
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
That's a credit to you, for sure.

We've started the "I 'aint even mad" mantra up again if we lose, but losing more players at this point is like being set on fire after falling off a cliff into a lake full of sharks.
Had my family not been in my house trying to sleep, I'd probably be reenacting Willem Dafoe's death scene from Platoon because.....well I am in fact mad.

__________________
"Hate won't get you high as this. Levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate". -Kendrick Lamar
Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:28 PM
  #79
v-man
Registered User
 
v-man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Daug's goal is on NHL.com here. Just click on the play button next to his name in the sidebar.
Thanks. They didn't have it up yet when I last checked.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:33 PM
  #80
4thlinescrub
haters hate
 
4thlinescrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,569
vCash: 500
Really like Gryba's game tonight, he's going to be a great shutdown defenceman but his first pass has been impressive as well, he seems to have good vision. I'm a little puzzled why he wasn't up here to begin the season he's played so well.

4thlinescrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:35 PM
  #81
Rhino Reilly
That D Biz
 
Rhino Reilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 15,464
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
Really like Gryba's game tonight, he's going to be a great shutdown defenceman but his first pass has been impressive as well, he seems to have good vision. I'm a little puzzled why he wasn't up here to begin the season he's played so well.
He's definitely passed Boro on the depth chart. Very impressed with Gryba.

Rhino Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:35 PM
  #82
BankStreetParade
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,898
vCash: 500
What the Sens are doing is actually ascending to the ultimate form of trolling. We have built on last season's late game heroics and have upped the ante to an entirely new level. This is now a state of being for this team. We are no longer sometimes trolling, we are now one with trolling. We are trolling at a molecular and cellular level. Winning with these lineups? Trolling at it's maximum possible output.

BankStreetParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:38 PM
  #83
danishh
Registered User
 
danishh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: YOW
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,035
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
You mean people on this site don't look like their avatars?

Mind status = blown
Yeah.... We DON'T look like our avatars...

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:39 PM
  #84
Quo
...
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
Well, we gave up two goals in rapid succession.

Credit goes to Zibanejad for stepping up and making the most of an opportunity.

Our legs got going after that and I thought we held the run of play for the rest of the period and OT.
True 'nough.

I will say that with all these injuries to our top players this is probably the most adversity we've faced under MacLeans tenure. Am impressed he hasn't flipped his **** thus far. Maybe that alone is enough.

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:41 PM
  #85
OmniSens
@OmniSenators
 
OmniSens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 43,054
vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Good crowd tonight. Got silenced pretty hard after the 2 quick goals by the Rangers, but Zibby gave us life. Silfs goal, was absolutely insane!

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:51 PM
  #86
NyQuil
Neon NyQuil
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 50,874
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
True 'nough.

I will say that with all these injuries to our top players this is probably the most adversity we've faced under MacLeans tenure. Am impressed he hasn't flipped his **** thus far. Maybe that alone is enough.
He is remarkably calm.

You're right though, MacLean deserves an enormous amount of credit for taking this stuff in stride.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:02 PM
  #87
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg
 
2CHAINZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: We global Son
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
Yeah.... We DON'T look like our avatars...
I look just like my avatar didn't you see me at that game ? Sports channels were talking about me for days.

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:09 PM
  #88
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg
 
2CHAINZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: We global Son
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,810
vCash: 984

2CHAINZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
  #89
Curtinho
Spero Meliora
 
Curtinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,216
vCash: 500
Silfverberg is going to score a lot of goals in this league. A lot. He's not only got one of the best shots (backhand, too!) in the league, but he's just such a smart player.

Zibanejad showed some flashes of why he was thought of highly on draft day. Hopefully he can find some consistency instead of doing this once every 7 games.

Alfredsson looked like the Alfie of old tonight. Was everywhere doing everything.

The rest of our team was surprisingly pretty good tonight. Gryba is playing great, Phillips has been surprising me with his play too. Greening and Smitty both looked good.

This team is trending upwards even though they are decimated and everyone has counted them out. I love Ottawa.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:35 PM
  #90
Quo
...
 
Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hamsterdam
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,524
vCash: 500


Way to go Daug!

Quo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:39 PM
  #91
harvey
Registered User
 
harvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
woot

harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:40 PM
  #92
harvey
Registered User
 
harvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post


Way to go Daug!
Who let the DAUG out WHO WHO WHO WHO WHO

harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:47 PM
  #93
Ether Prodigy
Fearless Leader
 
Ether Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniSens View Post
Good crowd tonight. Got silenced pretty hard after the 2 quick goals by the Rangers, but Zibby gave us life. Silfs goal, was absolutely insane!
That forced goaltending change probably went as bad as it could have. 2 quick goals off lucky bounces to give the Rangers the lead.

I almost stopped watching at the point thinking we were going to go into full meltdown mode and that there would be no way we'd get one back on Lundqvist.

Alfredsson hasn't looked that great so far this season but he showed a ton of heart tonight. That goal-line save was shown a few times but on that same shift he skated back out and blocked another shot.

Alfie really needs some people around him to make stuff happen it seems... he's no longer the player that can make his 2 line-mates WAY better. It was going to happen at some point... oh well.

Ether Prodigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:06 AM
  #94
harvey
Registered User
 
harvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country:
Posts: 4,541
vCash: 500
I watched alfie a lot tonight.
He has the desire, the amazing stare in his eyes for all to see.
He has lost a step, but not totally.
I was still proud of the way when he had the puck of slowing down the game until players got into position.
A great vision of the ice.
I could see he is not what he was 2 years ago.
yet amazingly I think he could go 2 more years.
It depends on how his body feels, because his mind is still there,
he can out think many of his opponents.
But I will leave that to him to decide when to go.
I think he will know
WOW
I have seen his carreer from start to end, and elite player and I cannot say
much more than that
take care alfie
we all love you

harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:11 AM
  #95
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,758
vCash: 500
Not sure whether it was the Rangers, but our transition game looked a lot better. No more free transition just by passing to EK.

Alfie-Turris-Silf is a pretty good line.

HavlatMach9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:26 AM
  #96
Drama
Registered User
 
Drama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ukraine
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post


mad mspaint skills

Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:19 AM
  #97
John Holmes*
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 5,211
vCash: 500
Alfie is 40 years old.

40 Years old.

He can still play, he looks to have a bit left in the tank too. He's valuable, but he's not what he once was. That's life. We all get caught by father time at some point.

I would suggest that you simply enjoy the end of the Alfie years.

He probably has a few left. After 40 though, you never know when the physical grind will catch up, or the mental grind gets you.

Guys like Recchi, Selanne, etc...are few and far between.

So many stars have retired at Alfie's age. The end comes quick when you pass 40.

Think of Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Francis, Mats Sundin, even Wayne or Mario.

Once you hit 40, you're on more than borrowed time.

Maybe Alfie can give us a season or hopefully more, but we are getting into rare territory here.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:29 AM
  #98
Savannah Skunk
Registered User
 
Savannah Skunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Off the banana farm
Country: Uganda
Posts: 1,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post
Alfie is 40 years old.

40 Years old.

He can still play, he looks to have a bit left in the tank too. He's valuable, but he's not what he once was. That's life. We all get caught by father time at some point.

I would suggest that you simply enjoy the end of the Alfie years.

He probably has a few left. After 40 though, you never know when the physical grind will catch up, or the mental grind gets you.

Guys like Recchi, Selanne, etc...are few and far between.

So many stars have retired at Alfie's age. The end comes quick when you pass 40.

Think of Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Francis, Mats Sundin, even Wayne or Mario.

Once you hit 40, you're on more than borrowed time.

Maybe Alfie can give us a season or hopefully more, but we are getting into rare territory here.
Wow, you just made me feel old.

Savannah Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:31 AM
  #99
DrEasy
Cameron = MacLean?
 
DrEasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,671
vCash: 500
Very happy with the win, but have to ask: why no DaCosta in the SO? It's one thing for him to get very little ice time for whatever reason (could be something the coach sees that I don't, that's understandable), but having Smith, Daug and a defenseman ahead of him in the pecking order is puzzling.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 01:36 AM
  #100
Benjamin
Chub n' Tuck
 
Benjamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: /
Posts: 28,357
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanuuq View Post
I watched alfie a lot tonight.
He has the desire, the amazing stare in his eyes for all to see.
He has lost a step, but not totally.
I was still proud of the way when he had the puck of slowing down the game until players got into position.
A great vision of the ice.
I could see he is not what he was 2 years ago.
yet amazingly I think he could go 2 more years.
It depends on how his body feels, because his mind is still there,
he can out think many of his opponents.
But I will leave that to him to decide when to go.
I think he will know
WOW
I have seen his carreer from start to end, and elite player and I cannot say
much more than that
take care alfie
we all love you
That was beautiful. :'(

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.