HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

What happens next?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-21-2013, 09:52 PM
  #1
Jose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
What happens next?

Hello everyone,

I have been wondering what is going to transpire once we get Regin, Latendresse and Michalek back!

clearly Michalek and Regin are likely to return by next week so what will happen when they get back, I think its likely Grant and DD get sent back to bingo or even Da Costa!

Thoughts?

Silfverberg Turris Alfredsson

Greening Zibanejad Michalek

Neil Smith Condra

Da Costa O'Brien Regin

Is that realistic?

Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:09 PM
  #2
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,645
vCash: 500
I haven't been impressed with Da Costa so far & would send him back to Bingo. It's hard to know who will come back if any of those three do but Grant & DD will probably be the first guys to return to Bingo. I would like to see JOB back in the lineup over Da Costa.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 10:10 PM
  #3
PatrickEaves
Moderator
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I haven't been impressed with Da Costa so far & would send him back to Bingo. It's hard to know who will come back if any of those three do but Grant & DD will probably be the first guys to return to Bingo. I would like to see JOB back in the lineup over Da Costa.
We (They) are never ever ever getting back together.

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:24 PM
  #4
QuietOnTheFront
@QuietOnTheFront
 
QuietOnTheFront's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,424
vCash: 500
Sens Fatty to Bingo.. We don't need him anymore.

QuietOnTheFront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:27 PM
  #5
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront View Post
Sens Fatty to Bingo.. We don't need him anymore.
Who?

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:28 PM
  #6
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Who?
I believe he means Latendresse.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 11:29 PM
  #7
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I believe he means Latendresse.
If that's so, he'll even have a hard time crackin' our line-up..

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:02 AM
  #8
Lenny the Lynx
Registered User
 
Lenny the Lynx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
If that's so, he'll even have a hard time crackin' our line-up..
With all that cracking he'll probably get whiplash again

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:11 AM
  #9
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!
 
The Turret's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
I want to keep DD and Gryba in the lineup if they keep up their play, DaCosta only played like 6 mins last night I think?

DD-Smith-Neil laid out some great hits last night

The Turret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:25 AM
  #10
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been wondering what is going to transpire once we get Regin, Latendresse and Michalek back!

clearly Michalek and Regin are likely to return by next week so what will happen when they get back, I think its likely Grant and DD get sent back to bingo or even Da Costa!

Thoughts?

Silfverberg Turris Alfredsson

Greening Zibanejad Michalek

Neil Smith Condra

Da Costa O'Brien Regin

Is that realistic?
Really? Where did it say that? That's good news.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:34 AM
  #11
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,295
vCash: 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Really? Where did it say that? That's good news.
Said Michalek should return next week barring any setbacks...

Im expecting setbacks

Legend Killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:44 AM
  #12
Cujomi
Show your fury?
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,733
vCash: 500
What happens next? We get O'Reilly. Hue hue hue.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:09 AM
  #13
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 500
DD and Grant will be sent to Bingo, Lats and Regin will enter the line-up. Don't expect anything different.

I think Lats will see some time on the PP if he plays well, although he isn't assured a top 6 roll any more. of course, what our top 6 is, is a whole other question at this point. We kind of have a top 3 and bottom 9 right now.

Da Costa showed early he deserved some extra ice time, but has regressed a bit. Not a shock, but he's still a candidate to play with a Michalek, as he is a our best play maker after the 1st line, and Michalek needs a playmaker. Regin is also a good candidate to play with Michalek.

What ever happens initially, there will likely be a lot of shuffling the rest of the way.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:28 AM
  #14
SNAPshot
Registered User
 
SNAPshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OTTAWA
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 500
There is no doubt in my mind that Da Costa is staying. We have toughness all around, we need creativity. Grant will probably be sent back. If it wasn't for his goal last night, I think Zib would get the cut soon too, but these ups and downs are part of his development and he's another one of those guys that has a bit of offensive flair that we need right now.

DD is doing a good job, but if we get Milan and Regin back he's probably the odd man out.

I have not been a huge fan of Daugavins this year. Seems slow. Yes he's liked and he scored in the shootout, but he's been invisible this year, doesn't seem to have that same drive he had last year. Hopefully the shootout winner will give him confidence and we can see him drive the net.

On the O'Brien front, I hope we can put him back in soon, he's shown some finish and I'd give him an edge in play over K-Daug for sure based on what we've seen this season.

If we get all three back and have no other setbacks, then maybe Zib goes back because of the numbers game. Gryba has been better than Lundin (although they play different games). I'm extremely surprised with his first pass and his steady play. It's nice to see a prospect quietly settle in, I don't think he's going anywhere soon.

SNAPshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 08:54 AM
  #15
GimmeMyJetpack
Classless.
 
GimmeMyJetpack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
In my opinion Da Costa is a better player then Regin has shown so far this year. Yes he makes occasional mistakes but his vision may be the best on the team. Has no one noticed he is throwing his body around as well? If you are going to keep both play Da costa on the second line and the PP and put Regin on the 3rd or 4th line. If Regin gets such a massively long leash why are we so short tempered with Da Costa??


Last edited by GimmeMyJetpack: 02-22-2013 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Typo
GimmeMyJetpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:24 AM
  #16
Indy on the Road
Still near and dear
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,676
vCash: 500
I honestly don't know, but I have full confidence the right decision(s) will be made the coaching staff. Those guys get it.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 05:56 PM
  #17
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubbe View Post
I want to keep DD and Gryba in the lineup if they keep up their play, DaCosta only played like 6 mins last night I think?

DD-Smith-Neil laid out some great hits last night
That line was used to shutdown the Richards line and did a tremendous job. I think MacLean also used the Methot-Gryba pairing against the Richrds line as well. I'm pretty sure all five, or nearly all five, players laid out Richards at some point in the game. I know Methot was makings Richards playing time a living hell.

Berserker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
  #18
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
If that's so, he'll even have a hard time crackin' our line-up..


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
That line was used to shutdown the Richards line and did a tremendous job. I think MacLean also used the Methot-Gryba pairing against the Richrds line as well. I'm pretty sure all five, or nearly all five, players laid out Richards at some point in the game. I know Methot was makings Richards playing time a living hell.
Remember when people were telling us how DD would never play in the NHL & he looks even better than I thought he would be. I don't see the skating issues people were talking about, he seems to keep up just fine, he's a 4th liner who can fill in on other lines when needed. It was great to see Maclean use him on the PP & on the 2nd line for a few shifts. Good for him, I think he makes our team much harder to play against with his size, strength & toughness.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:25 PM
  #19
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post




Remember when people were telling us how DD would never play in the NHL & he looks even better than I thought he would be. I don't see the skating issues people were talking about, he seems to keep up just fine, he's a 4th liner who can fill in on other lines when needed. It was great to see Maclean use him on the PP & on the 2nd line for a few shifts. Good for him, I think he makes our team much harder to play against with his size, strength & toughness.
Well a lot of posters simply don't appreciate big and physical players. Maybe it has something to do with the intangible aspects of the game. Although some of those posters do make some valid points; you can't rely soley on size and physicality/toughness while completely disregarding skill.

Berserker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 06:26 PM
  #20
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)
 
ErikKarlsson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,924
vCash: 500
Have to say that DD has actually been good at the NHL level. I always laughed at Aragorn's comments about him because I never really saw anything in DD but looks like I was way off base.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:10 PM
  #21
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Have to say that DD has actually been good at the NHL level. I always laughed at Aragorn's comments about him because I never really saw anything in DD but looks like I was way off base.
It is easy to misjudge him if you haven't watched him play a lot.

Berserker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:29 PM
  #22
Cujomi
Show your fury?
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,733
vCash: 500
I feel like Smith and Greening should be rewarded with more time. They've been playing really well the last few games.

Silfverberg - Turris - Alfredsson
Greening - Smith - Zibanejad

Two top lines that have a lot of potential. Start giving Zibanejad the icetime necessary to get out there and really try to make an impact. I think the more he plays the higher chance there is that he develops.

Cujomi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:35 PM
  #23
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Well a lot of posters simply don't appreciate big and physical players. Maybe it has something to do with the intangible aspects of the game. Although some of those posters do make some valid points; you can't rely soley on size and physicality/toughness while completely disregarding skill.
Of course & I've never said as much but it's the extreme that people always go to to make their point. They think I only want big players but I want big skilled players on all the lines. The more skill on all lines the more scoring for the team & I would like to see our two bottom lines score more. I also like big guys to protect our skilled players & to do the dirty work along the boards, in the corners & in front of the net.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:40 PM
  #24
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Of course & I've never said as much but it's the extreme that people always go to to make their point. They think I only want big players but I want big skilled players on all the lines. The more skill on all lines the more scoring for the team & I would like to see our two bottom lines score more. I also like big guys to protect our skilled players & to do the dirty work along the boards, in the corners & in front of the net.
Well they could simply be fans of smaller players. There have been a lot of posters on here that were/ are big fans of Petersson, Cory Locke and/or Ryan Shannon. Fans of those types of players may dislike big players like you dislike small players.

Berserker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
  #25
aragorn
YES WE CAN
 
aragorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Azores
Posts: 10,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Well they could simply be fans of smaller players. There have been a lot of posters on here that were/ are big fans of Petersson, Cory Locke and/or Ryan Shannon. Fans of those types of players may dislike big players like you dislike small players.
Agree & understood. I do like Alfredsson, St Louis & Giroux three small players which some posters like to compare our small players to. I wish they would be that good, but it remains to be seen if any of our small players get to their level. I will say that Pageau has played so much better than I thought he would in the AHL. I thought Prince would do much better than he has & it's nice to see Caporusso given more opportunities with the injuries. But I'm still not sure if any of them will make it to the show, I hope to be wrong.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.