HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happens next?

Old
02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Agree & understood. I do like Alfredsson, St Louis & Giroux three small players which some posters like to compare our small players to. I wish they would be that good, but it remains to be seen if any of our small players get to their level. I will say that Pageau has played so much better than I thought he would in the AHL. I thought Prince would do much better than he has & it's nice to see Caporusso given more opportunities with the injuries. But I'm still not sure if any of them will make it to the show, I hope to be wrong.
I wouldn't count of Caporusso making it.

Prince and Pageau are both way too early into their pro careers to make any kind of asserssment. IMO they have both played great and I wouldn't at all be concered about them making it at this point. If 3-4 years down the line they are struggling to even get a look in the NHL then I would start to become concerned.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:04 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
I wouldn't count of Caporusso making it.

Prince and Pageau are both way too early into their pro careers to make any kind of asserssment. IMO they have both played great and I wouldn't at all be concered about them making it at this point. If 3-4 years down the line they are struggling to even get a look in the NHL then I would start to become concerned.
Agreed, it reminds me of people giving up on players like JOB, Gryba & DD & now look at them.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:30 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Agreed, it reminds me of people giving up on players like JOB, Gryba & DD & now look at them.
There are a fair amount of players across the league that take until there early-to-mid twenties to become full time NHLers. It is surprising how often fans on here write off a prospect or player because they aren't full time NHL players at 20.

Old
02-22-2013, 09:35 PM
derriko

DD has been playing the exact same way he does in Bingo. Solid on the forecheck, good positional defense, and randomly flashes skill about once a game.

I think once he nails down the consistency issues, he could be a solid physical shutdown player that could play 1st or 2nd pk, and have a few years of 30 points.

I like Daugavins, but I wouldn't mind if DD took his spot for the rest of this year, and then gets a 4th line spot next year when we let Daug go.

Hes the type of player that doesnt need more seasoning in the minors. He can develop his game just fine as a 4th liner (not that theres too much more to develop)

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
DD has been playing the exact same way he does in Bingo. Solid on the forecheck, good positional defense, and randomly flashes skill about once a game.

I think once he nails down the consistency issues, he could be a solid physical shutdown player that could play 1st or 2nd pk, and have a few years of 30 points.

I like Daugavins, but I wouldn't mind if DD took his spot for the rest of this year, and then gets a 4th line spot next year when we let Daug go.

Hes the type of player that doesnt need more seasoning in the minors. He can develop his game just fine as a 4th liner (not that theres too much more to develop)
I see some Curtiss Glencross type uspide in DD's game, but he will have to become a lot more consistent offensively to reach that point.