HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Canucks 4, Stars 3: Hansen successfully escapes from prison, falls over

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Lemmiwinks
Canucks supporter

vCash: 500
Was anyone else irritated that Roussel had his visor on and his chin strap done up snug in his fight with Kassian? Considering he was the one who went after Kass...

Old
Bieksa#3

Schroeder loooking good with raymondddd

Old
Crows*

vCash:
Hansen will score 2 tomorrow.

Hi Pbc

Old
02-21-2013, 10:48 PM
ruiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmiwinks View Post
Was anyone else irritated that Roussel had his visor on and his chin strap done up snug in his fight with Kassian? Considering he was the one who went after Kass...
I thought that was supposed to be a penalty now??

Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Lemmiwinks
Canucks supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Careful. Someone might try to fix that.
Your avatar made that hilarious

Old
02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Tiranis

JS and Raymond are playing great hockey together. Booth is also fitting in on that line. They were downright dominant today, I would say. Got rewarded with the lucky bounce on the Bieksa goal but could've had a few others.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
JS and Raymond are playing great hockey together. Booth is also fitting in on that line. They were downright dominant today, I would say. Got rewarded with the lucky bounce on the Bieksa goal but could've had a few others.
I mentioned this earlier schroeders passing is really excellent, if we had a good 3rd line center I would move kesler to the wing and put schroeder down the middle on keslers line.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:51 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:
He payed for it when his jersey went over his head and Kassian just unloaded on him. Garrison hurt him with his bomb later on too. Deserves every bit of that punishment, as I absolutely hate when players fight with a visor, especially when the other player they're fighting doesn't. Cowardly, IMO.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:51 PM
BoeserOfTwoEvils
moron

Kass was better today, won his fight and chipped in offensively.

Old
02-21-2013, 10:54 PM
The Stig
-_-

those last 2 minutes were hilarious

Old
02-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Nuckles
Bleed Assets E'ryday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
those last 2 minutes were hilarious
- Said no Dallas Stars fans.

Fire Benning. Fire Linden. Fire Desjardins. Hire competent people.
Old
02-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
I mentioned this earlier schroeders passing is really excellent, if we had a good 3rd line center I would move kesler to the wing and put schroeder down the middle on keslers line.
Wouldn't surprise me if that's what they do next year or at some point in the future when Gaunce makes the team or if we acquire a 3C in the Luongo trade.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
serge2k

Quote:
Well higgins is not really either by that definition, and alot of people would say raymond and booth are not either. So unless we want to discuss how we need a top 6 winger (which we do) lets deal with what we have.

Hansen will help that line because its been struggling defensively and in corners getting to pucks, and passing to an open player, hansen excells at that.

What do you mean unless were referring to schroeder? I was refering to kesler, higgins, line, lets not argue over whats 2nd and whats the third line.
raymond can be a 25 goal 50p winger. Those are top 6 numbers and far better than Hansen.

I think people either need to realize that a top 6 player really is a guy like raymond (assuming he can keep up his recent form). Either that or just say what you really want (i.e. another 25-30G 70P winger or whatever).

Old
02-21-2013, 11:00 PM
M A K A V E L I*

The PP trolling shift is at the end.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Wisp

Av looked mad at that last PP! He always preaches process, so I wonder if he wanted them using that time to hone the PP instead?

I don't really disagree, but I was happy to see the game closed out without any stress.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge2k View Post
raymond can be a 25 goal 50p winger. Those are top 6 numbers and far better than Hansen.

I think people either need to realize that a top 6 player really is a guy like raymond (assuming he can keep up his recent form). Either that or just say what you really want (i.e. another 25-30G 70P winger or whatever).
I did say that and have for awhile, I feel our biggest hole is another top 6 winger.... but its simply a wish.

Many of us feel raymond just does not work with kesler, more so due to keslers style. Several posters said after the hawks game get raymond back off keslers line and I agree, and tonight he looked much better with JS.

Raymond can be a 25 goal scorer, and hes playing well, but he has one season with 25 goals.

I think hansens style compliments working with kesler much better and thats all I said, I think hansen will help keslers line.....

Raymonds looking very good with schroeder.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Karter

Quote:
Meh. He got his ass kicked either way.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:06 PM
Pip

Quote:
I did say that and have for awhile, I feel our biggest hole is another top 6 winger.... but its simply a wish.

Many of us feel raymond just does not work with kesler, more so due to keslers style. Several posters said after the hawks game get raymond back off keslers line and I agree, and tonight he looked much better with JS.

Raymond can be a 25 goal scorer, and hes playing well, but he has one season with 25 goals.

I think hansens style compliments working with kesler much better and thats all I said, I think hansen will help keslers line.....

Raymonds looking very good with schroeder.
I would give Booth some more time before declaring that he isnt a top 6er, he was starting to look really good before his injury last year.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I would give Booth some more time before declaring that he isnt a top 6er, he was starting to look really good before his injury last year.
I do, and I do like booth have defended him on here alot, I just dont think raymond-kesler-booth line works.

More a style complimenting issue then anything, I would like a play maker on that line.

Either acquire a 3rd line center and move schroeder down the middle between kesler, and booth, or trade for another top 6 play making winger, which is a wish.

I mentioned booth simply because the poster was saying hansen was not top 6, many posters on here alone would take hansen over booth or raymond, not everyone treats booth fairly or raymond, but its the situation and opinions some have of him.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
serge2k

It just hit me that the Sedin line scored on a 2 on 1.

That makes me happier than it probably should. :p

Old
02-21-2013, 11:13 PM
The Horvatian One
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Bieksa's comment from the post season was the best "it's like he was playing with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth".

Tanev has got to be one of the biggest steals in the NHL.
I was going to say I thought that it was Smyl who handled the NCAA scouting then it clicked that Tanev played with Sam when they were kids. Totally forgot about that.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
yoss

I thought Garrison had a strong all around game tonight even aside from his goal. Higgins is looking like last year again and is probably the forward i trust the most not to make a bonehead mistake, makes the smart defensive plays consistently. Loving Burr lately too, he is morphing into the 3rd Sedin out there, beauty return feed to Hank on that 2 on 1.

Good to get the W in regulation.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:15 PM
PG Canuck

Quote:

Henrik passed it to the back of the net, that's how bad he didn't want that goal.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
aandbreatheme

Quote:

They score more often than not on a odd man rush, no? I love when they score off the rush. The fact that Henrik didn't try and pass it back is quite amazing.

Old
02-21-2013, 11:16 PM
Jyrki21
OT/SO results = ties

Quote:
He definitely has some great vision, but also does as can be expected some rookie mistakes. Like his giveaway in the high slot last game, or his pass out of the O-zone in this one.

Closed Thread