HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers lose 3-1: Producing offense like a trap team in an offensive system

Old
02-22-2013, 12:47 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 50
Did Minnesota bump 2-point-scorer Brodziak up in the lineup for this game? You know it's bad when even coaches pick up on the ex-Oiler curse. At least he didn't score again.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Was Tom Gilbert anything special tonight? I sure didn't think so, I don't believe that he's any better than N. Schultz TBH. The bottom line is that something needs to be done and if the management has ANY aspirations of icing a winning team this year they need to make some moves and pronto. I'm almost scared to look at the teams that we'll play on our road trip so that I don't completely write this season off.
Tom Gilbert sure as **** is a better hockey player than Nick Schultz. Whether or not he is anything special is irrelevant. This team sorely lacks players who can move the puck up the ice. Gilbert was one of those types.

Nick Schultz is a team worst -9 and has 1 assist this year. He's a soft 1 dimensional player. Gilbert is also a soft player, but at least he scores at a 0.5 ppg mark.

The only good moves Steve Tambellini makes is when he acquires a guy like Fistric or Sutton. They are good moves, but they are bottom pairing d-men who aren't going to actually win you any hockey games.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 5013
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax53 View Post
What I meant was would Clutterbuck have given Hall a free pass and not destroyed him in open ice?
It's irrelevant since it didn't happen. We can talk "ifs" all day, but there's absolutely no point. If you're talking about the emotion that would come from such an event, then that's a given, and it doesn't even need to be asked. For any theoretical hit, or what it might've looked like, who the hell knows?

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MettleOiler

so its been reported from the wild dressing room that it is a thigh...

(shakes head)

bunch of demagogues on main forum

MettleOiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's not stopping Minny reporter Michael Russo from whining about it. Even Specter is still going on and on about knee on knee.
I wonder if he forgot about Derek Boogaard... (RIP)

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Beerfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that MacT would get more out of these players.

He would be a great interim coach.
I think his fingers are already in the pie and if he is ever reinserted as coach I will cease to be an oiler fan on that very day. Most of this board will rejoice no doubt.

Beerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Hey, I've been a MacT fan forever, at least I'm consistent. Remember, I'm the guy who always said MacT coached a bunch of nobody's plus Pronger to the cup final. KLowe should have been the one to go, not MacT.
Nothing wrong with being a fan of somebody but it's obvious that we need a different kind of coach, MacT and Renney are too similar IMO and we just turfed Renney.

CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Tom Gilbert sure as **** is a better hockey player than Nick Schultz. Whether or not he is anything special is irrelevant. This team sorely lacks players who can move the puck up the ice. Gilbert was one of those types.

Nick Schultz is a team worst -9 and has 1 assist this year. He's a soft 1 dimensional player. Gilbert is also a soft player, but at least he scores at a 0.5 ppg mark.

The only good moves Steve Tambellini makes is when he acquires a guy like Fistric or Sutton. They are good moves, but they are bottom pairing d-men who aren't going to actually win you any hockey games.
N.Schultz wears a letter

embarassing

CantHaveTkachev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
flashy
Fire Tambellini.

vCash: 860
I need to find my prediction before this season started.

called bottom 5. not of this suprised me.

Tambellini couldn't fill a whole if it was bending over in front of him.

Sad state.

I think the road trip will seal his fate.

flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax53 View Post
IM sorry if the players were reversed. Do you think Clutterbuck would have not laid out Hall?
Clutter buck would of taken his head off.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:50 AM
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Gilbert was only directly responsible for one goal against tonight, while Schultz was responsible for two.

Guess Minnesota won that trade.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MadMax82*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
It's irrelevant since it didn't happen. We can talk "ifs" all day, but there's absolutely no point. If you're talking about the emotion that would come from such an event, then that's a given, and it doesn't even need to be asked. For any theoretical hit, or what it might've looked like, who the hell knows?
Actually its not. As a player you have to be aware of who is on the ice. If Clutterbuck is on the ice you have to expect to get nailed at any point. For a change it was Clutterbuck not paying attention.

MadMax82* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:

Tom Gilbert got beat to the net by Ryan Smyth. That should say enough about his ability.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ExOilerFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone View Post
Hey, I've been a MacT fan forever, at least I'm consistent. Remember, I'm the guy who always said MacT coached a bunch of nobody's plus Pronger to the cup final. KLowe should have been the one to go, not MacT.
This. MacT's teams were almost always playoff teams even though the players weren't the most "skilled" or "talented".

ExOilerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:51 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
You totally lost any and all credability with the bolded statement.
hows the team doing without Horcoff in the line-up?

Old
Tarus
Fire Mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
I think his fingers are already in the pie and if he is ever reinserted as coach I will cease to be an oiler fan on that very day. Most of this board will rejoice no doubt.
Considering every player traded is suddenly the missing link, it wouldn't be suprising.

Kind of amusing to see how quickly everyone forgets how bad Mact was during his tenure here.

Tarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tiger_80

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that MacT would get more out of these players.

He would be a great interim coach.
MacT is a decent coach, not the best in the league, but definitely better than anyone Oilers had in the past few seasons. Krueger should get this season and some to show what he's got, but so far not so good...

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
orangeshinpads
Katz isa manipulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
I'm not saying that the officials are right. I hate the ******* NHL officials, I'm just pointing out that it wouldn't surprise me if the league stuck it to Hall based on their on-ice judgement. When it rains it pours in Oil Country.

I see.

orangeshinpads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Soundwave

It's one of those things where hopefully it looks worse than it is. I think Clutterbuck just got a charley horse.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:52 AM
KarmaPolice
No Hope...

vCash: 5013
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
N.Schultz wears a letter

embarassing
Yes, it shows the embarrassment of riches of the vets we have...

This is completely on Tambo. To have a team this young, with no hard nosed vets up front (or the rear, for that matter); it's really unforgivable and shows a complete lack of realistic vision from him.

You can't seriously think that icing a top 6 with all players aged 24 and under except for ONE (Hemsky) is gonna work out, especially when they are as soft as they are. Ridiculous. But that's Tambo for you...

KarmaPolice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 12:53 AM
CrazyJoeDavola

Yup. Krueger can give motivational speeches all he wants but he's epically failing in terms of technical coaching.

Yakupov not being played to his full potential. Continually being coached to play like a pass first p*ssy.
No breakout structure whatsoever.

I'd rather have MacT over this garbage any day.

CrazyJoeDavola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Hall (and by extension the Oilers) are getting a lot of bad press tonight for "the hit."

Quote:
David Staples ‏@dstaples
Hockey world reacts to Taylor Hall hit on Cal Clutterbuck. "Vicious, dirty hit." #Oilers #Wild http://*******/UOOwip
http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...l-clutterbuck/

There's no way that he escapes this without a suspension but I find these reactions to be quite comical and hypocritical considering the victim.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bryanbryoil

Quote:

Gilbert to me tonight looked like the Gilbert that was here, nothing special same as N. Schultz. That said IMO we are in a much greater need of a LH PMD, we have none on the team at the moment unless you want to count Whitney who is playing like dog crap. Again to acquire the guys that you want we will have to move guys like Hemsky or Gagner or one of the big 5 because the rest of our players don't have that kind of value, so who do you move to bring better balance?

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarus View Post
Considering every player traded is suddenly the missing link, it wouldn't be suprising.

Kind of amusing to see how quickly everyone forgets how bad Mact was during his tenure here.
we had more sucess with MacT here than Quinn, Renny or Krueger thus far...

he did more with less

Old
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:

Thank you!

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote